Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carhireexcess.com Vs AIG for Rental car excess insurance

• 01-08-2022 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I am planning to get a rental car excess insurance. Can any one suggest which company provides the best and hassle-free claim experience? What documents needed to be gotten incase of an excess claim?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't offer a comparison but I claimed from AIG earlier this year for minor (c. €200) damage to a rental in the Canaries and they paid me every cent. But the process was very painful, their phone system simply knows nothing about their excess policy because when I phoned to enquire about submitting a claim, the phone menu options sent me round in circles and when I did get talking to a human, they said I was in the wrong department. Even when I explained that I just wanted a list of the required documents for a claim on an excess policy and where to send them, several people in AIG could not help me.

I eventually got routed to a lady in Bulgaria who told me that this is what they require. The main thing to bear in mind is that if you have an accident, take lots of photos, of the damage and the adjacent sections (wings and bumpers) which are not damaged. Then get to the rental desk in the airport early, report the damage and be sure to get your copy of the accident report, it's No. 5 below. If you go home without that, you can kiss your claim goodbye.

1. Copy certificate of insurance

2. Copy of rental contract

3. A copy of the your Charge Receipt (if separate from the rental contract)

4. If the incident by law requires the attendance of the Police, we require a copy of the police report

5. Renter's copy of the Vehicle Rental Company accident damage report

6. Invoices / Receipts / other documents confirming the amount you have paid in respect of the Accident / Damage / Loss etc.

7. Copy of your credit / bank statement showing the payment of the damage claimed

8. Copy of the driving licence of the person involved in the accident (the driver)

9. Name and address of your bank together with your IBAN and BIC numbers. This will facilitate reimbursement as AIG prefers to make payments by bank transfer

10. Details of how damage occurred & date if known along with any photos you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

Advertisement