Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

Two people involved in some talk that apparently are anti trans and promote some sort of "gender therapy". Sounds very dodge to be fair, ATN should have done a bit of research on these people. It looked like CMAT was threatening to pull from her set but since the ATN apology it seems to be ok again. Someone dropped the ball here, but tbeve done the right thing at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sudocremegg

How was the campsites with all the rain last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks for that..

what was the talk? who wer they?

not at the fest this yr but read the "apology" /incident and love CMAT

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

There you go…the power of advertising manifest. Decided to pop my head in after reading your posts and you lads took the roof off the place. The Enola Gay stage invasion at the end was quite something too. Sure, what else would you rather be doing on a Sunday evening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

What a great event. Pure perfection. Super line up, great site, organised within an inch of its life. Main stage is such a perfect natural amphitheatre. Switched here from EP this year and won’t be switching back.

I’ve never been much of Nick Cave fan but that goes straight into my all time top ten gigs. His performance of “I need you” grabbed me in a way I’ve rarely ever experienced at a music event.

Jungle were a bit of a let down. I was expecting live vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Ah lads that was a savage weekend. More to follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Full credit to ATN - organisers and all.

Was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Fantastic Weekend, Great crowd, Nick Cave was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Gilla band, The Mary Wallopers, enola gay, Melts, Nick Cave all fantastic. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard were band of the weekend. What a fcuking set.

First time at ATN. Stellar. Great organisation. Fantastic site and the crowd were the nicest people ever and the craic was 90. Only downside was seeing cops searching people in the festival on Saturday night. No need for it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

What can I say, that was an epic weekend. I am broken. Thankfully I've 4 weeks to recover before doing it all over again at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Unreal weekend ! Stages were all excellent. Almost everyone we say was brilliant. Highlights were Piri & Tommy, Honey Dijon & John Francis Flynn.

Such a great layout now too, way better than 2018, even the campervans weren't far from the arena.

Special mention to the lads in the campervan site with the green box truck ... blaring music all night with a massive sound system and screaming until 8am. ****. They belong in Hendrix at EP, not near a campervan site. They were still drinking cans when we were leaving at 10am today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

An absolute belter...will need a while to process all that, but at the moment King Gizz come out on top, what a show! Christian Loeffler and underworld not far behind.

Sherelle at Arcadia on Saturday night was absolutley banging, have not given it that much socks in a long time! Actually loved the more compact set up there this year, coralling everyone into the space between the bug and the dragon really encouraged proper dancing 🙂 The sound quality at Arcadia was off the charts!

Best discovery for me were Mas Exodus on the bandstand Sunday evening. Incredible band!!

Top notch organisation all round, super event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Delighted with how that weekend went. All round brilliantly organised, none of the issues from previous editions repeated. Weather was good for most of the weekend, I got seriously sunburnt yesterday. Craic and atmosphere brilliant, a lovely mix of people and ages all getting along very well.

Highlights for me musically were probably Underworld, King Gizzard and Glasshouse. Enjoyed Groove Armada but thought it would be better. In terms of craic, I loved the ava in the woods stage when it wasn't too packed - Inside Moves played a great set there yesterday evening. Last night we stumbled upon the Ping Pong Disco for a DJ called Brian Ring who was unbelievable. Probably the best fun I had all weekend for the last hour of the night there! Only complaint I have about ATN the 3 years I've gone is that the music can get very heavy/repetitive late at night - ping pong disco was a brilliant alternative for some lighter dance music.

Another hilarious moment was at the Sing Along Social when the baby was lifted during the lion king song!

Does anyone know did Honey Dijon play when she was supposed to or when did she? We went when she was meant to be on but it appeared to be another DJ playing at the time..

It was just amazing being back at a festival like that again. I've missed them. Already looking forward to next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

How many songs did Nick Cave play ? Showing on setlist.fm it was only 8 . Surely that can't be right , Seen him at a festival a few weeks ago and it was 16 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

He played way more than what's currently up on setlist.fm

The set looks very similar to the Serbian one listed before ATN

That one has 19 songs listed

Pretty comprehensive trawl through the back catalogue

I'd love to have heard Stagger Lee but alas that didn't get an airing

Jubilee St was outstanding- a real builder of a number

Mercy Set transcendent as always

And Tupelo was ferocious (in a good way)

Outstanding performance from the man

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Thanks for that . I knew it would have to be more than 8 ! . Best performer on the planet at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Great weekend, Nick Cave and DJ Koze were both brilliant. Underworld were good too but their set seemed really short. Good organisation and sound crowd. Had the Pitt Bros bbq experience thing yesterday. Was really tasty and great to sit down to a full meal.

Only criticism (and it's probably not ATN's fault) was the price of food down there being insanely dear. Burgers about 15 or 16 quid, the guts of 20 quid for chicken goujons and chips. I know there'll be a bit of gouging but a lot of places were taking the piss with their prices.

Anyway, roll on EP

Standouts of weekend for me were Groove Armada, Underworld, Self Esteem, Christian Löffler, CMAT (only caught last half) and Trinity Orchestra.

Also did the Pitts Bros BBQ yesterday and was very tasty although those premixed Craft Cocktails from bottles were poor.

Went to a Theatre of Food before that with whiskey tasting and also a cocktail workshop with Teeling, Bertha's Revenge etc and got about 5 free cocktail samples. Interesting and good fun!

Wrecked now though what an amazing weekend!

So when's the early bird tickets out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,267 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Amazing weekend. Dzzying now. Wonder if Craig got to suck some dick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Sherelle didn't play. Dunno who they had on to replace her but i did get to catch a good bit of the set, she was decent enough whoever she was! Or:la on Sunday was a perfect example of my problems with modern techno and dj's. Her set didn't go anywhere, one nice acidic tune near the end but the rest was a bit meh, just waiting for something to happen. And playing Kylie?! F*ck Off!

Overall a good weekend. No traffic issues, straight in, tent up and can in hand by 2.15. Highlights for me were Gilla Band, King Gizz and Underworld. Cave was fine but i'm not really a fan and he never hits as hard as i'd like him to. Groove Armada were ok, their newer material really is godawful shite though. The same could be said of King Kong Company, the post album tunes are pretty naff.

Aside from Gilla Band probably the pick of the Irish acts was Enola Gay. Murder Capital have undergone an image transformation but i'm still not totally convinced by them, there's something there but yet..? New Dad was bog standard indie fare. Sinead O'Brien got a bit tedious after a while. Melts were ok.

The Global Roots Cambium stage was lovely. A superb structure and nice vibe.

Would agree that the food prices were outrageous and some water points in the arena would've been a good idea.

VanDoozy's Turbo Chiller was great too. Got my last five cans done on Sunday evening and it was a revelation. Properly cold cans for the rest of the night.

First outdoor festival in three years and it was great to be back at it. Good tunes, company and general vibes from everybody.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

Thanks regarding sherelle. I was on a different planet at that point, and was relying on the timetable to tell me who it was, if anyone could help out there it'd be much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It was ema (who covered for sherelle) by extending her set time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Absolutely super weekend. Great organisation. All the headaches of Episode 2 cleared up.

Some really super performances. Rufus Wainright, Christian Loffler, Shame, Thumper, Nick Cave and Self Esteem were all really excellent.

Groove Armada was the only real disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Can't remember who was the sherelle replacement there was a notification on the app that I can't find now saying it was due to travel

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Amazing weekend. Nick Cave the highlight for me followed by Self Esteem and Sunday's weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

I think this is the bigger issue. People who have no idea about who the speakers are, or what views they represent, yet are confident enough to say what's going on is dodgy. People on twitter just piling on the two speakers, and making up quotes they claim to have said, but can't point to a single source to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

They were involved and promoting gender conversion therapy, easy enough to find on Twitter. And it wasn't made up, so yeah definitely dodgy for a festival which is pretty progressive. I have no interest in giving them any more attention though, the festival realized their mistake and apologized for it, we move on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement