Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Enjoying some rum & coke, catching up on some AEW with my (new) wife. She looks gorgeous tonight as well. I'm in such a good mood.

My wife. I'm so jammy. Couldn't ask for a better partner for life. It's great when you find someone where you understand each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My Finnish and Icelandic friends made me hyper aware of how little we used our outdoor facilities(pubs, entertainment etc) pre pandemic,

I was on a different thread here which made a comment about the usefulness or not of a business having a space outside for customers to eat the shops produce.

How far we have come since 2012 when that comment was made.

As someone who would choose to do most things outside all things being equal, this change has made me th.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just bought me a new pair of Ray-Ban’s, to replace an expensive pair that I’d lost, or at least thought I’d lost (245 euros worth) 😵‍💫… doing a bit of a cleanup now and down behind the sky HD box there is a glasses case, Ray-Ban… and yes, glasses are in there….😬😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

glad you found them but wow that would annoy me.. esp if the new pair you got wer €€ which I assume they wer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Discovering a sauce vein while eating an ice cream sundae.

Over the weekend on holiday in the wild Atlantic way, found a half inch wide, five inch deep vein of raspberry magic and felt like a prospector from the old wild west. Clicked me heels and everything :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Family Guy back on it 2 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lovely morning out

New pair I got a nice discount off thanks to a genial user on this forum who kindly gave me a discount code so worked out ok 😎🎖

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Reading an article about Michael Collins in this month's Irelands Eye

Home from the gym, enjoyed the quietness, the calmness and the improvements in my health and fitness… been strangely tired this week and was debating rain checking but fûcking glad I dragged my ass there and working works…can be happy with it.

Having tea out of my favourite mug.

Watching the starlings out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

MOTD is back tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

The industrious nature of wing mirror spiders. My current driver side resident had built a massive intricate web, but I got the car washed in a drive through washer with the big fluffy roller arms and every trace of it was gone.

24 hours later and the spider had managed to reconstruct the spider version of the Taj Mahal back in its place. Very impressive and I picture him spinning away singing that Chumbawamba song, I get knocked down, but I get up again.

Last weekend I was giving out to myself because I left defrosting the freezer to what felt like the hottest day ever, all the bending to get icicles out of the corners was especially annoying.

Today is a big birthday for one of my family and as we tend to recycle family landmark days(its been happening since b4 I was born) its also the day we put girl dog down, which stays with me as I feel partly to blame for her illness.

This morning I went into the freezer to take out the birthdays boy's cake I noticed how there was a light coasting of frost on the back wall of the freezer, there were some scratches on it which my brain formed into paw prints(one of the few advantages of having a dyslexic/dyspraxic brain) which made me feel much better about an uncertain future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watching a cat laying on a window sill with their tail swinging just enjoying life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Smoked almonds.

I almost dropped my coke, was just scrolling through an interview /debate thing about gender on YouTube… a doctor, debating with an activist for gender identity and choosing one’s gender… ..the doctor believes in the existence of two genders, male and female…

the doctor was very succinct, intelligible, reasonable, calm and courteous and VERY respectful….which seems to rile his fellow guest who describes that he should be labeled as.. ‘ a gender, extremist ‘… 🤣🤣🤣 and she doesn’t recognise, biological genders…

• Advertisement

I'm so happy it's Friday and it's holiday weather 🙌🙌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A 4 day week and off to cork for the weekend 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Summer holidays have a habit of making me happy. Wish every day was a summer holiday day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Best nights sleep in months…feeling refreshed, thanks to…

no neighbours doing midnight - AM DIY projects.

No other next door neighbour arriving from work at 6am and slamming gates, doors and garage door after putting car / bike away…

used to be absolute silence here midnight to 7am and considerate neighbours enabling that for many years..but with some more mé féiner type new arrivals, in more recent times… but last night…. Mmmmm 8 hours of continuous sleep.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Two nights ago I put on a dark wash, with every intention of putting it on the line the next morning. However, I overslept, didn't want to be late for work, so I left it in the washing machine. When I got to the front of the house, the neighbours two houses down had someone powerwashing their walls (so much for preserving water and all that). When I got home, my back garden was covered in paint flakes, the wind must've been blowing in my direction. Just as well I my laundry was still safe and sound in the washing machine!

Something happened to our paddling pool and it had to be taken in,

I put some plastic containers of water in various spots in the garden(some are in spots that would enable the tiny critters to access it safely)

One of the neighbours was having a part last night which woke me up at various times and with the condensed heat I was hanging out the window, I spotted so much wildlife creeping up to drink the water and have a snooze in the safe warm open areas.

While I'm by no means an expert I feel some of these would be each others prey/predators in normal conditions.

Another glorious day today 🙌

Cutting the grass in the intense heat early this afternoon and hitting a patch that's in the shade of a sycamore tree accompanied by a light breeze.

• Advertisement

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Advertisement