Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,507 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've no idea what the movie is in fact like, but "Needle in a Timestack" is a title so stupid it's kinda glorious.

Also "Eye in the Sky" was a pretty good thriller; simple bit of tension derived from a very modern premise of a drone strike. Very much a "bomb ticking" kind of structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I watched "The Killing of a Sacred Deer" (2017) last night starring Colin Farrell and Barry Keoghan.

Very weird but very recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The series on Woodstock 1999 that will be added on Wednesday I’m looking forward to because I’ve read lots about it and seen some clips and Jesus that an utter disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bo Burnham: what. (2013) Left brain and right brain duke it out -- and ultimately belt out a melody -- in stand-up comedian Bo Burnham's quick and clever one-man show.

Angel Eyes (2001) When a violent assault leaves her vulnerable, a streetwise Chicago cop receives help from a haunted loner who's struggling with traumas of his own.

The Good Shepherd (2006) Upstanding Yale student Edward Wilson is recruited to work for the fledgling CIA during World War II, but the job soon begins to erode his ideals.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Was that on TV a few weeks ago? Was watching a show about it and it was crazy. Didn't remember much about it beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No that was the HBO one.

Netflix one is of course 3 parts 🙄

So settle in for another overly long shallow dip into the subject. 90% puff and flab.

think there is 2 out already , the HBO one and there was one that was part of a series a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I think I was watching on Sky Documentaries so likely the HBO one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Two episodes into The Chestnut Man and really enjoying it.

That is excellent. You're in for a real treat. 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The HBO one and the one that's part of the Music Box series (along with others episode like the one about Jagged Little Pill) are one and the same. Available to view on Sky Documentaries.

thats it , the music box one . HBO one was better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Better?

The HBO Documentary "Woodstock 99: Peace, Love, and Rage" is part of the Music Box series of documentaries. I am not aware of a second HBO Documentary on the subject.

Keep Breathing is so bad. It's difficult to understand how professional people who have access to real survival theory can make a survival series with such poor research.

I really don't get it. There's good people out there with good novels, good movie pitches, yet **** like this gets funded and made?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

I recently watched bodies. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭delboy85

"I, Tonya" is excellent.

Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 (2022) Woodstock 1969 promised peace and music, but its '99 revival delivered days of rage, riots and real harm. Why did it go so horribly wrong?.

Buba (2022) (German) When a small-town con artist joins the local mafia with his manipulative brother, his obsession with balancing his karma gets hilariously brutal

Don't Blame Karma! (2022) (Spanish) When her younger sister and high-school crush get engaged, Sara must find out whether her alleged bad luck is the real culprit behind her misfortunes.

Benediction (2022) An English poet reckons with his experience of World War I and questions surrounding his sexual identity. Based on the life of Siegfried Sassoon.

Good Morning, Verônica Season 2 (2022) (Brazilian) [New Episodes] While hunting for a dating-site predator, an underused cop discovers a husband and wife with a horrific secret -- and a web of conspiracy hiding it..

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Benediction is supposed to be really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭crushproof

That was a great recommendation, thanks! Really enjoyed it, some great laugh out loud scenes and also some squeamish enough moments!

He's in another great Norwegian flick, Headhunters. And it took me a while to realise that she was the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭jj880

Another vote for this. Watched it with the wife. The violence is well done but the dialogue between the husband and wife was just as brutal 😆. Very enjoyable film.

• Advertisement

KAKEGURUI TWIN Season 1 (2022) (Japanese) Determined to climb up the social ladder, Mary Saotome invests everything she has into what her elite high school values most: high stakes gambling.

Super Giant Robot Brothers Season 1 (2022) Once the squabbling stops, the battling begins! Robot siblings Shiny and Thunder and their whiz inventor must defend Earth when space monsters attack.

Wedding Season (2022) Under parental pressure to find spouses, Asha and Ravi pretend to date during a summer of weddings -- but their ruse goes awry when feelings turn real...

Broken Hearts Gallery (2020) After a breakup, a gallery assistant takes the items she has hoarded from past relationships and puts on an art show that inspires a movement.

The Set Up (2019) Manipulation and personal vendettas collide when a con artist hires a young woman to assist with his scheme to marry a wealthy heiress.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'm enjoying Woodstock.

It is 3 episodes but each one focuses on a different day of festival so it work very well and you can see build up to how it all went wrong.

It was so badly organised but I have to say some of the bands were idiots and didn't help the situation.

I was thinking if watching this but is it very graphic in a medical sense?

If it shows loads of gore/ operations I won't be able to watch it but story seems interesting 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

There are a few deliveries where the placenta is taken out. You can see the whole lot head coming out. Also a couple of c sections that was a bit of an eye opener for me any way.

Thanks Jarhead, might be too much for me, especially as I only gave birth myself a few months ago🤣

i was thinking they could get 3 seasons out of the oxegen campsite at punchestown .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That is fact, worked some of it, think I may have blocked some from my memory.. Looking forward to watching Woodstock

Watched Paradise PD recently kind of like Family Guy but much more vulgar, great craic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Broken Hearts Gallery

Added today, really enjoyable rom-com, great leads, fun story, great supporting cast, I really enjoyed it. Highly recommend.

The Sandman Season 1 (2022) There is another world that waits for all of us when we close our eyes and sleep — a place called the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Sturridge), gives shape to all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But when Dream is unexpectedly captured and held prisoner for a century, his absence sets off a series of events that will change both the dreaming and waking worlds forever. To restore order, Dream must journey across different worlds and timelines to mend the mistakes he’s made during his vast existence, revisiting old friends and foes, and meeting new entities — both cosmic and human — along the way. Based on the DC comic series written by Neil Gaiman.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie (2022) (Animated) The teen turtles and their mystic ninja powers are put to the ultimate test when ruthless creatures from another universe look to unleash extreme chaos.

Darlings (2022) (Hindi) Badru hopes her volatile husband will reform if he stops drinking. But when his rage goes too far, she and her mom boldly, albeit clumsily, seek revenge..

Carter (2022) (Korean) A man wakes up missing his memories. Directed by a mysterious voice from a device in his ear, he sets off on a hostage rescue mission rife with danger. Witness nonstop, real-time action in this extreme action thriller.

Forgiven (2020) When a police standoff leads to a hostage situation inside a church, a pastor's daughter puts her fear aside in a bid to save the perpetrator's life.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched two of the three episodes of Woodstock and they thankfully have dedicated one episode to each day and it’s been nuts so far. It helps that MTV were there and filming it so there’s lots of footage. The venue itself clearly wasn’t up to the job, and the organisers seemed away in their own universe as to how bad things were. I don’t think some of the bands helped either.

Advertisement