Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Duffy must have lots of ad breaks to fit in before 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That's what you think will happen, please stop insulting other peoples intelligence and trying to steamroller alternative views. And I don't understand your fixation with Vogue magazine, as it's not on most peoples reading list, unless they casually pick up a copy when they're getting their hair permed.

It's equally likely that the Ukrainian army will regain territory in eastern Ukraine, strangle the Russian supply lines and drive them back over their borders. At which point, there will be negotiations and huge reparations due from Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Imagine if Joe told us his point of view ,🤔🤔instead of just being a telephone operator as he said,

Joe is useless in debates as his bias, nastiness and bitterness shines through

• Registered Users Posts: 82,771 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The wurdled was a far safer place with Gaddafi and Hussein in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,237 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Good show today overall, for LiveLine. Actual current affairs issue and callers views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Roberts can't even disguise that he is a Putin apologist. Keeps putting forward the Russian viewpoint and that he dislikes NATO and the western governments.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Other people's intelligence 🙄

Come back to me on a few months time when I'm proven wrong 🙄

We've been here before with Putin, I know precisely how this will end , precisely back were it started with the only difference the EU economy is now in Shyte

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,610 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I wish this clown's connection would just fail, instead of tantalisingly crackling.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭golondrinas

Why does Duffy have this guy on and then talk over him constantly repeating himself. Why can’t he let him make his point and then reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,637 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

so many people hate the peace and security we have had for 70 years, and have rose tinted glasses of all things Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

Geoffrey Roberts' technique seems to be to speak 10 words per second to confuse everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

For my two cents on the non-issue :

1) S Higgins made an innocuous "let's all live in peace" puff letter.

2) Jumped upon by a FF senator (failed TD) Malcolm Byrne who has never achieved anything except gaining attention.

3) No doubt FF/FG do not forgive

M

Every time I pass a petrol station I want this war to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

TBH I think the economy was heading that way anyway..... Government's worldwide are just delighted with a scape goat

For my two cents on the non-issue :

1) S Higgins made an innocuous "let's all live in peace" puff letter.

2) Jumped upon by a FF senator (failed TD) Malcolm Byrne who has never achieved anything except gaining attention.

3) No doubt FF/FG do not forgive MDH for being popular and refusing to attend British imperialist celebrations and criticising housing

4) Those same critics who are upset about the terms (as I am) of "Ukrainian War" instead of invasion of Ukraine use the terms "shared history", "Suez Crisis" "Irish Question", for other invasions

Irish establishment ask for the same peace and "negotations" when atrocities past and present, including on this island and afar, even when their is a clear aggressor

Hypocrisy at it's best

As for the Brits claiming no land cession to the aggressor .....

O I agree with that, but this has exasperated it , so to speak 😏

RTD2 on line 2

Turn your bloody radio off, ffs.

M

Such an important call to end the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,637 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

piss off Agnes haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Agnes ringing in from Mariupol 🔥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Good man Joe, just tail off there and put poor Ray off!!

Yeah, living in some kind of non-existent fool's paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Snooker Loopy

A rural Ireland Mary Poppins to end the show.

Geoffrey Roberts, who is paid for by us, is the product of a poor education

Years ago he wrote into newspapers giving out that Ireland shpuld have taken orders and occupation by Britain during - WW2 - by them, an enemy threatening to invade us and destroy our democracy led by Churchill a war mongerer - his reasoning was that as Ireland was in the British empire, like India it should give all it had to them despite the 3rd Reich having a similar approach

It was pointed out to him that Ireland was not a willing member, a bit like Poland under Germany

The irony was well and truly lost on him!

I was flabbergasted to learn he lectures in history at UCC

Google his name and Irish examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I missed the last part of the show so Did Joe manager to bring peace to the Ukraine or has managed to make the situation worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

heres a topic of debate for Joe…..

just spoke to my daughter who started a new PT job today and she’s to buy her work uniform…. It’s a branded uniform for a well know “convenient store” …. Is this a new thing, paying for your own uniform which is branded? …. I was shocked, maybe I’m just old, because she said her friends who work for other well know companies across different industries have to pay for theirs 😂

Sounds like your daughter is starting back at school, don't they insist on Branded uniforms 🙄

That's disgraceful, Gouging Customers, Now staff 😡

I know some companies look for a contribution, may just supply shirts etc, many supply full uniforms free (limited amount annually) but a bit rich your daughter being charged, particularly as a P/T employee.

Wish her well though 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭golondrinas

FYI. I don’t think it’s all to do with Putins special operation. Price of litre petrol June 2008 € 1.20 . Price of Brent crude per barrel €1.09

price of litre of petrol June 2022 €2.17 .price of Brent crude hit € 1.09 the same month. Carbon Tax is 10 to 11 cents per litre.

.?? I can’t explain it.

• Advertisement

Normally, I'd defend the petrol stations, as they have to pay for the next fill, as it were, so can't dump the price down until they're being charged less.

However, in this case it seems to me like the main players have all decided to gouge the end user.

Bastards. As if there wasn't enough of it going on.

Advertisement