Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Thinking of going with De Bruyne over Haaland. Currently on:

Meslier (Ward)

TAA Cancelo Botman Dalot (Williams)

Salah KDB Aaronson Bailey (Pereira)

Jesus Kane (Archer)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Final draft,

Mendy

Trent,Perisic,Zinchenko

Saka,Foden,Salah, Rashford,

Jesus ,Nunez,Martial

Subs: Andreas (FUL) ,Cucurella, Neco Williams,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Looking at this:

Sanchez (Ward)

TAA - Cancelo - Zinchenko - Trippier (N.Williams)

Salah - Grealish - Bailey - Martinelli (Andreas)

Kane - Haaland (Greenwood)

The bench obviously isn't hectic, but one or two of them should play each week which should hopefully be enough with 5 subs this season. I'm pretty happy with how that looks, fitting in Salah, Kane and Haaland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Currently on:

Ramsdale, Darlow

Trent, Cancelo, James, Perisic, Williams

Salah, Martinelli, Neto, Diaz, Pereira

Kane, Jesus, Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Best 4.5 mid after A.Pereira? And is Greenwood the best 4.5m forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Fred Astaire

Jack Colback (Forest)

Harrison Reed (Fulham)

Josh Dasilva (Brentford)

Those and Pereira are the only 4.5's with potential to get minutes really.

Greenwood/Archer for the 4.5 forward slot, but Greenwood's high ownership makes him vulnerable to price drops as the season progresses. Keep an eye on Liam Delap as Southampton are interested in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

So I've done an occasional tinker over the past few weeks, and this is where I'm currently at:

Mesiller - Ward

TAA - Walker - Collins - Williams - Patterson

Salah - Sancho - Neto - Bailey - Andreas

Kane - Jesus - Haaland

0.0 ITB

There's an element of template, with a side of traditional Prodston 3-4-3. More big hitters, and more bargain basement than a few other squads I've seen, but I'm almost happy with the balance! Obviously I'll need goals to justify it!

Goalkeeper:

Mesiller could be any 4.5, and Sanchez may even be a better bet? I don't think I trust Brentford to go with Raya though. Also hopeful of Ward being the starter for Leicester here. Had Mendy in til my last tinker, and I've often contemplated Ederson as set and forget.

Defenders:

Trent obviously. Walker is 2.0 cheaper than Cancelo, and while there's no fullback signed, I'd hope for at worst 3/4 of games played. It's a punt-ish choice but reasonably astute hopefully? Collins could be any 4.5 but you'd imagine that aside from the Irish bias, he should slot in immediately considering the money paid, and Wolves are solid. Neco Williams seems like a no brainer 4.0. Nathan Patterson more of a risk, and it's Everton so clean sheets are unlikely, but at 4.0 it's another enabler.

Midfield:

Salah obviously. Maybe it's a slightly inherent Man Utd bias, but Sancho has been my preseason eye catcher. I feel like it's an itch I need to scratch, although if push came to shove then Rashford at 6.5 could be good, if he returns to form. For now Sancho remains. Starting two of Bailey, Neto and Andreas is a concern. Podence could be a Prodston alternative to Neto - just for something different. Bailey is probably a trap too, an injury trap rather than anything else, but a good couple of weeks would justify it? Andreas is 4.5, and offers potential assists once every 10 weeks. His ownership being high is my biggest concern but the obvious 4.5 choice right?

Forwards:

Permission to say "Hubba Hubba"? It's a big sexy front 3. I don't like any of the cheap forwards, and I don't like not having 3 starting forwards. Old school perhaps? Jesus is a necessity at this point at his ownership, and is also just obvious, despite the trap we've all been seduced by. Haaland is Haaland, and I think is even more likely to score after the criticism he got last weekend. Kane is someone I've settled on a few weeks ago. He's cheaper than Son, and I think Spurs could start really well. But yes, it's just a big sexy strike force and I'm smitten, captaincy conundrums be damned!

Opinions very welcome :) Especially on goalkeepers and my 4.5 defender. Midfield alternatives in that 5/5.5 range too? Any other thoughts outside of those are probably what I need to hear, even though I can already hear those seductive whispers from my big hitters... hubba hubba indeed 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Kane v Haaland debate is raging strong in my head right now.

Also, trying to fit in an Arsenal defender is tough. If only they had a nailed on 4.5 starter again this season. A few questions marks over White retaining his place. It's a big risk to take when starting off the FPL season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

Read somewhere recently that Southampton were looking for a permanent move for Delap but City prefer a loan. Stoke were favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Set on this I think. Pretty templatey but will see how I go after the first few weeks.

Rambo got a lot of save points last year iirc so think will just set and forget with him. Ward looks likely to start for Leicester.

Walker seems like really good value to me at 5.0 , looks a cert to start yet don't see him in many drafts? Any reason for this am i missing something? Could possible upgrade to James and then go Martinelli to bailey, but not so sure of this move.

Happy enough with the Midfield as is and flip flop between kane//haaland until the deadline. Worried that Kane is generally a slow starter, West Ham gave city a couple of decent games last year though so not expecting a rout there either.

Any thoughts welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Looks good, could you go sanhco / neto to Rashford/martinelli?

Midfield of Bailey , Salah, Rashford, Martinelli looks a bit more balanced then and then obviously the frontline is amazing, tempted to have a look at something similar myself now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The thing about Son is if you go without him and he scores say a hattrick at the weekend - it's -4 to bring him in at least and subject to price rises, whereas it's a lot easier to switch between Kane/Haaland if you wish.

I feel Jesus is a trap but with his ownership and price point, one that you got to take.

Last season I felt that TAA was expensive relative to his peers - in the end he was 7 points better off than Cancelo but started the season 1.5m more expensive, If this season the strikers take off - like of Jesus/Kane/Haaland and others, I wonder will TAA survive the season is most teams especially compared with an abundance of defenders. There are many teams already picking Dias/Walker over Cancelo to save funds, even though Cancelo returned much more than them last season.

Will be interesting on the likes of Sterling and Bowen get on this season. You would expect Sterling to be starting each week, but very few teams have him in their starting line up - similarly Bowen is in very few teams yet was on fire and in most teams last season. Lingard at 6.0m could be a steal if he shows some form, and be interesting to see if he'll be on penalties - he'll be trying to force his way into the England squad - similarly Maddison/Barnes and any other English player on the fringes on the WC squad

Williams, Pereira and Greenwood are likely to be on the majority of benches - the first two are likely to be starters for their teams and there are high hopes for Greenwood at Leeds, and with 5 subs should be getting action most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Very similar to my draft, I like it as when I'm weighing up Kane/Haaland/Jesus against Cancelo/Robbo/Diaz I keep thinking they will edge the points even though the team is imbalanced and I'm playing a 4-3-3. The way I see it is that I can downgrade Kane or Haaland in week 3 with 2 FTs if I need to get Robbo or Cancelo in, plus the plan of a WC around week 8 or 9 is there too.

I'm 90% going to stick with this (might go Dewsbury-Hall instead of Bailley yet as I'm not fully convinced):

Sanchez (Ward)

TAA Zinc Trippier Dalot (N.Williams)

Salah Neto Rashford (Pereira Bailley)

Kane Jesus Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

They paid 50m for White, he'll be in their starting team

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Diarmuid73

Team is looking like this, leaves me with €0.5m in the bank.

Is €5m too much for a keeper, would the €.5m be better used and have Sanchez for example? Also can't decide between Doherty and Perisic or Haaland and Kane

Mendy (Ward)

Doherty TAA Cancelo James (Patterson)

Neto Salah Martinelli Diaz (Andreas)

Haaland Jesus (Archer)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not convinced by double Chelsea defence at this period in time. They have conceded a few goals in pre season aswell.

Are they playing a back 5 or back 4?

Chilwell is not back to his previous level yet. Are they trying to buy a new LWB or not? Which has a knock on affect with Alonso.

Rudiger is gone. Christensen too. Azpi might be going. Koulibably in. They are trying to bring in Fofana too.

Is James going to play RWB or RCB. Are they trying to buy a new RWB in Dumfries?

Too much uncertainty and change there, and very late in the window too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Change again.

Henderson/Hennessy

TAA, Robertson, Zinchenko, White, N Williams

Salah, Son, Rashford, Bruno G, McGinn

Jesus, Mitrovic, Solanke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Double Arsenal defence - don’t do it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hoping they'll add the second Leicester keeper at 4m as well. An 8m pair would be sweet.

It is risky, I will look again at White alternatives.

I do think Arsenal will be better this year though. Seem to have invested well.

• Advertisement

You could do with a City player or two in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would it? Would you be playing a Leicester keeper? Their opening fixtures aren't great, there is a possibility that Schmeichel doesn't leave and then you most likely would have two non playing keepers?

Decided I don't want to make the choice between Haaland and Kane, KDB will do the job instead. Plus it gives me Wilson

Would only be advisable if Schmeichel leaves before Friday of course. The 4.5 keeper options aren't great anyway, the extra .5 saved could be handy elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vic Vega

Very similar to mine but I’ve got Trippier and Rasford instead of James and Martinelli.

Well hello there Templatey McTemplateyface.

Loads of time to tinker still, to put my “edge” that will probably cost me points 😂

If Rodgers confirms Ward is starting then he is a great pick. Leicester were bad defensively last year but with Evans fit they are a different outfit. 11, 13, 10 CS in the three seasons before that, that's more than United, if DDG was 4.5m he'd be in loads of teams, nevermind 4m.

Fixtures are middling but I wouldn't be looking a gifthorse in the mouth

A lot of teams with Periodic, can't see why you'd go him over Doherty. A proven PL asset, was a starter in Contes team last season and has less competition than perisic. Conte has pretty said Spence wasn't his choice and is an investment, they're talking about Moura as competition to Doc.

0.5 cheaper and score better IMO

• Advertisement

Mitro has a tough start. Rashford might not start now Ronaldo is back, Bailey is a better option than McGinn and cheaper

Advertisement