Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So I did. €18k for the battery and open to serious offers. I doubt he'll refuse €14k if you waved it in cash in front of him. Which would be a reasonable buy. Or buy the whole car if you were planning to convert a serious sports car like a Ferrari or Porsche to EV. Use the inverter and one or both motors too and various other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

unless you have installed the dedicated tesla powerwall..??? i'm some folk have got it or looked into it.

That would be some powerwall 😁

Most people with official SEAI grant installs have 2.5kWh or 5kWh. My own one is 20kWh as have a few others here on boards. Not too many will have one that's 100kWh 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

referring to https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/powerwall

not taking batteries from the car itself, hence the dedicated version

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

interesting build. I know, i know, won't work in ireland, safety issues, yada yada, just thought it's interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This would work in Ireland, just off grid is all.

If I was going new build in Ireland it would be passive and I would have three inverters with 6 strings and 60kWh-100kWh batteries with high c output and off grid.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Pretty simple build typical for a large or often used campervan / RV. You'd need a much more beefed up system for an off grid home.

And of course it would work in Ireland, what makes you think it won't? It's also fully off grid, so no recs apply / no sparks needed to install or sign off. Personally I wouldn't have Tesla battery modules or any other non-LiFePO4 / Li2TiO3 chemistry inside the place I would live or sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 andyr24

Is this still available?

Father in law going looking at one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hi Andy sorry I’m not on here when I’m not in work just saw your pm there. Thanks to unkel for giving me the heads up! Car is available, like I say I’m not actively selling it on DoneDeal or anything just mentioning it here.

will reply in pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We have to stop tagging him here. Leave some EV’s for the rest of us 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He's welcome to it!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

If you zoom in on the windscreen, you can see his reflection.

Someone sent me the link to that last week. It's far from a bargain at that money. The sh1tty old lead acids would have to go and replaced with lithium. There is not a hope the car will do anywhere near 60km on the lead acids. Their capacity when brand new is under 10kWh, of which only half is usable. A non-runner / one with a dead lead acid battery would pique my interest at a few hundred quid alright.

I was considering that one too. You'd need to refit lead acid batteries to get the range back to new. If you want to talk about batteries needing replacement etc and all the crap that people come out with about EVs then it was actually true for the g whizz.

PS Ioniq is still available if anyone is interested.

You'd be a fool to fit new lead acids! Waste of money that you will never get back anywhere near what you paid for them. At least if you stick in some LiFePO4, you could always take them out and sell them on for good money (or use them in a different project). Personally I'd probably stick in 16 CALB 200Ah. I bought 32 of them recently which set me back €2300 incl shipping to give you an idea of cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

"Reva" in Finnish slang means lady bits. A suitable name for this vehicle in my opinion.

And I presume G-wiz means G-spot in Finnish? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

• Advertisement

I saw that. If I had to guess (without seeing the car etc) I'd say someone didnt pay the battery lease and the car was blocked?

Not necessarily suspicious. But the battery lease that applies to all of these (when new) complicates things. The new owner will be responsible for keeping up the lease payments. Unless the seller can prove that they own the battery outright. With a letter from Renault Finance (RCI Financial Services Limited). I have such a letter myself for my battery owned Renault Fluence

That said, if it has battery lease, the battery should be fixed under warranty, so maybe it is battery owned after all

But even if it was battery owned, I wouldn't pay anywhere near €3k for it

Exactly. The residual value in any "older" EV is largely based on the battery. Otherwise you're just buying a shell. How much would you pay for a similar aged Clio with no running engine, because that's what this is.

If he could deliver it to me for sub 2k I'd be interested.

Going to spam my Ioniq here too as I think it's a bargain (cheapest one on DD) and I'm certainly not buying it!

Hyundai Ioniq for sale in Wexford for €19,000 on DoneDeal

You in Wexford now? Depending on exactly where you and the seller are, you could get a non-runner transported to you for around the €150 mark. If I were the seller I'd bite your hand off for offering €1800

What you gonna do with it though, are you happy to retrieve the battery cells and build a home storage battery with it - or to part it out? 😂 That Zoe battery has maybe a usable capacity of 15kWh (being optimistic after 7 years) and for comparison I bought 20kWh of high quality brand new CALB prismatic cells for €2300 delivered recently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Zoe no longer available

Stay Free

Zoe marked as sold apparently. Chap never got back to me.

@unkel yes we're in wexford now, thats where the new house is. Nice spot just outside ferns, great for solar and a large garage for my various projects - EV and otherwise. Currently two diesels in there. I'd be restoring the Zoe and trying to get it back on the road. Compared to proper running zoes the 2000-2500 delivered price would have given a good few K to source and fit either a recondition cell or worst case a whole new battery. Plenty of videos on YT how to replace a cell.

I hope whoever bought the Zoe didn't spend a cent over €2k and even at that, that was top dollar for what is essentially just a dodgy battery and some other bits

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

Not mine. I assume owner is in county Wicklow. On Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

@Barney224 ^^^this might be the one for you if you have cash^^^

Advertisement