Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Hawks 1 & 2 Remastered!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    As regards collecting all of the VV logos you only get a
    logo and a new board

I thought it might unlock the vv video under extras.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only realising the stat points are dotted in different spots for different skaters. Was wondering why the infuriating Downhill Jam electronic sign stat for create-a-skater didn’t stand out with the first pro :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Only realising the stat points are dotted in different spots for different skaters. Was wondering why the infuriating Downhill Jam electronic sign stat for create-a-skater didn’t stand out with the first pro :pac:

It's 3 various spots depending on the skater's style. Street, Vert or Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Started getting manuals into my runs, went from struggling to get sick scores over 200,000 to getting combos of 200,000. Now I'll still bail and lose it, but overall big improvement to my score. Really helps in the likes of School II where I could never get good scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only started playing a little bit last night. Is there any way to change the camera rotation direction? It's like the horizontal axis is inverted in it.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Only started playing a little bit last night. Is there any way to change the camera rotation direction? It's like the horizontal axis is inverted in it.

Yup you can, i had to change the vertical option straight away. So are you saying you press left and the player goes right for your default?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yup you can, i had to change the vertical option straight away. So are you saying you press left and the player goes right for your default?

Not the player, just the camera. Didn't see the option but it was in the tutorial so thought it might be available in the main game. But yeah trying to pan the camera right and it goes to the left instead. Just feels really off.

Penn wrote: »
    Not the player, just the camera. Didn't see the option but it was in the tutorial so thought it might be available in the main game. But yeah trying to pan the camera right and it goes to the left instead. Just feels really off.

Oh sorry yeah, I was the same, moving the camera was awful before changing it in options.

So anyone kinda disappointed with the lack of content, after doing the careers (8 hours to %100) there is nothing else to do. Not really worth the €50. This was my main concern with the first 3 games, wasn't much in them.

Don't get me wrong I really like playing it and want to play more but there isn't really anything, my time played is about 10 hours... that's not a lot of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BuckoA51

8 hours to 100% man I knew I sucked at this game :D

You can still play split screen right? That was a blast on the originals. I can't check right now my gaming PCs broken.

• Advertisement

I was surprised at how easily I got to the end. That is, unlocked the last level and got most goals. Takes a bit more time to 100% and get gold medals and working on some of the challenges will take time. Seems a decent amount in it, especially if you want the skater challenges.

Some band leaked that their songs might be used on the next Tony Hawk game. Wonder if this is remaster of 3 or what.

Tempted to pick this up again, currently 25 in Smyths. Think I instantly would if it had a free PS5 upgrade.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Some band leaked that their songs might be used on the next Tony Hawk game. Wonder if this is remaster of 3 or what.

Tempted to pick this up again, currently 25 in Smyths. Think I instantly would if it had a free PS5 upgrade.

If this is what you're referring to, take it with a pinch of salt. Vicarious Visions were absorbed into Blizzard to work on Diablo so don't get your hopes up.

THPS 1+2 laid a great foundation for 3+4 to follow and it's just what we needed so it's a shame they didn't seem to entertain the idea. Haven't played anything decent since Skate 3 before it so everyone was itching for something.

https://twitter.com/jessmargera/status/1396634970425237510?s=19

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a sequel after the merge but this gave me hope. Still gonna believe 3 is on it's way and the drummer got a bollicking, told to take it back :)

I'd rather have 4 and THUG, those are the GOAT TH games imo. 3 should of been with 1 and 2.

Jess is the drummer in CKY and their song was used in 3 so there could be some truth to his post.

For anyone interested, Tony Hawk will be doing 'an evening with..' event in Dublin this July. Tickets on sale Friday. Very tempted to go depending on the price.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/an-evening-with-tony-hawk-co-dublin-29-07-2022/event/18005C38D941604D

I'd be interested if the price is reasonable. I was interested in one with Kevin Smith a few years ago but the price was ridiculous if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That does sound brilliant, ticket prices for the Manchester show here for comparison: https://www.seetickets.com/event/an-evening-with-tony-hawk/o2-apollo/2191941

The VIP package isn’t as expensive as I expected, still not cheap and not something I’d go for personally but if it’s a similar price for the Dublin show it’s not terrible value IMO. The limited edition signed skateboard alone is worth a nice chunk.

Tony Hawk tickets on sale today, actually a lot cheaper than the Manchester prices. I got row G for 44 quid a ticket, any closer is vip for 120+. Handful of cheap seats at the back door 33 euro.

Ugh, sickner coming into this thread to see the last post which was for the Hawk event that was cancelled.

Anyway, PS4/PS5 version joined PS Plus today. I have the PS5 version a go and it plays so nice. Thought to myself I'll try the platinum but I forgot how much of an absolute grind fest it was. I think you have to fully clear the careers for each skater, what is that, 15-20 times? I don't mind when it sets tough challenges but 'do 100's of the same move' can f off. I'll still mess around with it as isy so damn fun to play. Might even try multiplayer if anyone in here fancies a go.

• Advertisement

The event got cancelled? That's too bad.

Was only thinking the other day how unfortunate it is Vicarious Visions got absorbed into Activision Blizzard, how could they not have let them do THPS 3+4 first after how well the first was received? THPS 1+2 was such a breath of fresh air for me after playing the same sort of games over and over. Recently I've seen tons of people saying they actually prefer 3 and 4 so it's a shame it never happened.

I still haven't unlocked Officer Dick!

Yeah, especially as Tony said the plans were for the 3 & 4 remake next but sounds like the devs were moved to other projects, most likely cod bollox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

2 and 3 are the peak. 2 improved on the formula that was a rough draft in 1, and 3 added just the right amount to achieve perfection. Both have brilliant level design and excellent soundtracks. And 3 (PS1 version discounted) was a proper generational leap in how smooth and expansive it felt compared to its predecessors. THPS 1 + 2 actually helped bring those games up to 3’s standards by adding the revert, not to mention the silky smooth gameplay. Although some of 1’s levels are kinda bad. Still, would be great to see 3 pop up on modern consoles because it’s bloody great.

THPS4 isn’t without its pleasures, but don’t trust anyone who says it’s the best 😂 The additions and new mechanics started diluting the core formula at that stage. The level design was also a touch over complicated, and the Jackassification of the series marked a downward spiral. I actually like Jackass, but all the pranking and cameos in 4 and THUG just didn’t suit the tone or flow of the games.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but I'm watching the documentary Tony Hawk: Until the Wheels Fall Off and it's pretty interesting. There's a fair few things I didn't know, lots of stuff about his early career and some personal life stuff.

I've listened to a few good podcasts with him in recent years but wouldn't know a huge amount about his career aside from the 900 and THPS stuff so it's an interesting watch. Drags on a tad at just over 2 hours long but worth a look.

Advertisement