Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A global recession is on the horizon - please read OP for mod warning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

I'll stick to my 2008 Hyundai and continue to put my savings into investments.

I created number of products on niche markets which let me not use my incomes at the moment.More,the less incomes people has the more my products I selling.So this recession will be perfect for me,I was doing very well during COVID .I have patents for all products created and I can sell them to factories which will produce them and I will just make distribution.

Next,I saved enough money to buy property for cash when recession will come.

So combo of mortgage free life plus incomes from additional income will be my pension.

Once I will buy my property I will start invest everything I earn to my kids. Education and kids is best investment.Hope they will be part of my pension.

I was thinking about investing to Bitcoin,ETFs,shares and I spoke with some of my Friends which told my not put money to things I don't understand.I know this system and manipulations and I think I have so much money just because I didn't invested them.Other words I didn't earn anything investing but I didn't loose anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Ah ha . I was wondering that your angle was this whole time. But you are financially invested in other people's misery.

When I was 30 I was believing every single word coming from financial "anal" itics and banks loudspeakers.Listening them I bought property which are still -25 per cent from price I paid in 2007.

In 2008-2011 I saw people which lost everything, businesses, families,lifes,kids future.Which lost everything because was listening bonkers lies and took them as truth.The lies which is full of in today media !

Since that day I stopped believe a single word coming from financial media,bonkers and "anal" itics.I started think opposite and listen opinion of opposite side and I found that truth is on opposite side.I started looking to sides when before I was looking only straight.

They all want our money but I not gonna give my money to them this time.Might be I will loose some but I will not loose my freedom and my last money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Defeatist headlines arguing that Russia’s economy has bounced back are simply not factual – the facts are that, by any metric and on any level, the Russian economy is reeling, says report

Economic carnage in Russia as a result of their war of aggression in Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭brickster69

The Chinese battery company CATL halts the opening of its plant in the North America. The $5 billion plant was intended to supply batteries for Tesla and Ford and create 10K jobs.

This joins two Chinese suppliers that have suspended their shipments to Apple. Apple is expected to diversify its MacBook production in China to avoid placing all the eggs in one basket.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Reading media I found very strange things.Once some country starting have tensions with USA the Bloomberg, Reuters,The Telegraph immediately starting writing about this country falling economy, corruption and "regime".When is no tensions same media telling about this country growing economy,the best place to invest,democracy and etc

Yes, Russia surely has problems with economy and sanctions but all this media narrative starting smell some political games for locals.Like folks, let's keep paying high bills,we need just wait a little bit and Russia will be collapse! Just little bit folks,just keep calm, don't go to shower,find more fire wood,we doing right !

Look how quickly disappeared headlines about war on Ukraine from first pages ! There is no more shortage of wheat, you know that ? All disappeared! The only inflation and gas left !

You remember how media was talking about PIGS debts ? EU will collapse if Greece will not pay the part to creditors untill 24.00 tonight !

You know what folks,we will have gas and cheap oil this winter no bother ! The both Nord Streams will be work at full power . Possible Scholz government in Germany will be end them days but I am sure everything will be opposite what media talking about! Because media B.s never was truth! Only the s.. which people liked pay for !

Every Sunday I see my neighbor coming with pack of media toilet paper from service station.And he believe to every single word in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭snotboogie

The figures out of Russia are simply astounding:

The inflation picture for sectors that depend on international supply chains is even more grim at 40% to 60% and that’s impacting a swath of key industries. The report describes how some Russian manufacturers are resorting to cannibalizing and recycling parts, and cites U.S. Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo as saying Ukrainians are finding Russian military equipment filled with semiconductors that have been removed from dishwashers and fridges.

The retreat of so many businesses has cost the country about 40% of its GDP, reversing nearly three decades of foreign investment.

Russia’s domestic financial markets are the worst performing in the whole world this year and that’s despite strict capital controls. At the same time, it’s cut off from accessing global capital markets to revitalize its economy.

A 40% drop in GDP! 40%!! For context the “winter of discontent” in Germany is predicted to have 3% decline in GDP at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,296 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...or maybe you should educate yourself to the best of your abilities, listening to as many opinions as possible, then making the best decisions from this information, not everything is lies, just some opinions are wrong, or poorly made, based on flawed thinking and ideas. humans have a tendency towards fantasy and flawed thinking, and you d be surprised how out of hand this can get, i.e. pre 08, when many got caught up into thinking property prices can never fall, most of us got caught out by this blind spot in human behavior, yes some knew this was a scam, some even done their bit to keep it going, for personal gain, but most of us ignored this information. a lot of the behaviors were actually unintentional, its just that blind spot with us humans, this will happen again, it regularly does, cryptos are another perfect example of this, this will continue to occur, its always good to be aware of this blind spot, and try not to get too carried away in get rich quick schemes, and remember, 'if it sounds too good to be true.....'

oh and theres no such thing as freedom on this planet, as all humans live within limits, even the very wealthy.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,938 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If no one pays 50k for a car there will be no 5k cars for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are they recession proofing also?

Film studios never pull a film that far along even when its "irredeemable"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

But, but the mens on Twitter say rouble stronk.

You know they saying: "Stronk rouble, stronk economy"

I economist. Pravda.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Darth Putin

A nice dacha in occupied Ukraine on land stolen from previous owners

14% gdp drop is double what we had in 2008

To claim Russia is doing well while in previous post claim the west is doing bad and posting a headline about record low unemployment as “proof” is some sort of extreme psychological dissonance

Source were this been calculated please.Thank you

Source were this been calculated please.Thank you

If this drop would happen rubble wouldn't be one of the strongest currencies in the world.

In case if you missed

one can not acquire rouble outside of Russia, and for that matter exchange within Russia is illegal now

it’s a North Korean currency with a fictitious value, so financially illiterates like yourself can wax lyrical

Unfortunately gas can be bought for rubbles Only same as wheat and oil and more on way.Rubbles are used all way around the world ,India and China buying oil and gas for rubbles same as USA buying Russian oil for rublles.Very soon USA will pay for rockets engines made in Russia for rubbles too.Same as Germany and France pay to Russia in rubbles.

Except there is NOWHERE one can exchange any normal currency for ruble

gazprom is getting paid in euros

your posts are a prime example why Russians are so poor despite having so many resources, financial illiteracy and brainwashing leads to suboptimal life outcomes

you spent pages and pages moaning about us Irish, downright insulting at times, yet somehow the average person in this country is 10x richer than average Russian (3x smaller economy than Russia but 30x smaller population)

• Advertisement

Lol. Stronk rouble.

Tankies really are dumb as sh*t

Barney Rubbles. Is this Russian's take on the Cuban convertible Peso? Much stronk, real currency. I is economist master.

GDP mean nyet. When rubble stronk it mean economy stronk. Please ignore collapsed economy.

Not really. Because Russian economic output is dropping like a stone (and concomitantly GDP), the country is haemorrhaging people, and the youth is getting kerbstomped and sent back to the mother land in body bags by the tens of thousands.

But Rubble stronk. Absolute idiocy, but do keep it up. When the full collapse comes we'll all be here to mock you so badly you'll never want to visit boards.ie again, never mind log in and post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Show me where I can exchange my money for Rubles?

The exchange rate is utter nonsense, it doesn't exists, there is no market. Russia is economically screwed, the main difference is that their leader doesn't have to care about the welfare of his people.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,042 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Putin doesn't give a toss about the economy, he's arguably the richest man in the world, his closest supporters are stinking rich and the population is afraid to rise up against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Can ye keep all the russia crap in the russia thread(s)?

Its the new covid shite spilling over into every thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Allinall

Any (non essential) business that can't run without subsidies should not be there in the first place.

Nothing to do with a recession.

Recession started Before COVID and now you could see it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,042 ✭✭✭✭rob316

When your overheads are covered by the taxpayer its surprisingly easy to make a **** business viable. People even started up during Covid because they thought **** it I can trade for free and warehouse all my tax which will probably be written off anyway.

Advertisement