If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar? 2.1 set up? Advice!

Options
  • 29-10-2021 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm jumping the gun slightly with my question here as it will be January before I will be making any purchases, but there are so many options, I'm a bit lost so looking for a steer in the right direction!

Moving into a new house early next year. I currently have a bottom of the barrel JVC soundbar, and I want to get a decent audio upgrade for the sitting room.

• 4.2m * 3.7m rectangle room
    • TV/audio will be set up on one of the longer walls with the couch directly opposite it on the other longer wall
    • TV is a LG 55SM8600
    • Inputs are a Xbox Series X, Sky Q box, and Nintendo Switch
    • Budget will probably be about €400-€700

Ideally a 5.1 system would be great, but trying to keep the room looking as clean and uncluttered as possible. With this in mind, this will mean either a soundbar or a possible 2.1 set up. There will be a bit of room either side of the tv so could fit speakers and a subwoofer. Any recommendations? Would I get more bang for my book going the soundbar route or the 2.1 route?

Thanks!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.