Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lowest 18-49 viewership for Rampage in the shows history and second lowest total viewership, in its normal time slot.

Absolutely no surprise with that abysmal card Khan put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They could really do with making Rampage 90 minutes and actually use it for a bit of storytelling.

Is it just me or do the ad breaks seems extra long on Rampage as well? You get that 90 second break around 5 minutes into the show but then the rest of the breaks feel extra long. Never feels like there's a good flow to the show because of that. I forward through them on fite but seems like I'm forwarding longer than Dynamite.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Expecting anything from Rampage is like expecting anything anything from Main Event. It's a nothing hour slapped together to fill a shíte slot.

Why watch a pointless card like below? Especially if you're after the oh so coveted young demographic on a Friday night.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=347011

Dynamite is the only AEW show that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m not sure I’ve ever really watched a Rampage. It’s entirely a “watch the small clips online the next day” show. It’s booked like it’s missable tbh.

Oh I completely agree about it being a nothing show, I was just pointing out the rating because I was saying the other day how terrible the card was even by Rampage standards. Ruby Soho Vs Anna Jay was the main event!

Should just give the slot to ROH at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But it had The Acclaimed's video.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It didn't always be the case tbh. There were some solid Rampage cards in the last year. It's just slowly gotten a lot worse. Starks/Hobbs and Lee/Swerve and then the Assclaimed kept it alive for a good few months there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, this is it really... it's been brilliant at times, but has dropped off a lot. But there's tonnes of scope for it to be really strong - they've no shortage of characters, like. It really needs a bit more time to be allowed to breath though, as right now it just feels like a race through the fights to get to the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭ThePott

Rampage started off with promise and used to be consistent but it was threatening to fall into the forgettable B-Show for a long time and they did nothing to remedy it. Skipped it the last few weeks (I think, the fact I can't remember doesn't help) and missed nothing of merit. Ratings will keep falling unless they give it purpose aside from wrestling for the sake of wrestling from people they don't put on Dynamite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I used to stay up to watch it live on Fridays, but a combination of having to sit through that ad music on Fite as well as pretty forgettable booking these last few months means it's "whenever I wake up on Saturday and I've made the tay" :) When it's live rather than a pre-tape after Dynamite, it tends to be a much better affair, but they're few and far between.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea I usually watch rampage on a Saturday morning but most times it's on in the background.

As mentioned numerous times here, they need to make a bigger deal to the show, usually we get one decent match but everything else seems lacklustre and sped through for no reason. They should go live and make it two hours if need be especially with the size of the roster and then can reduce the fake crowd noises being used.

Also I feel Jericho is overkill atm and getting bored of him but did enjoy yutas promo with him last week.

Oh, and 2 Dimes (I legit can't remember his AEW name) joined The Factory last night on Elevation...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Looks good, definitely getting some WCW/NWO Revenge/N64 classic vibes from it!

You know they're not going for realism because if they were Aubrey Edwards would be in the middle of that fire extinguisher cloud flailing around, clutching her throat and dry heaving!

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to the game. Hope it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PWInsider reporting that AEW trademarked "All Elite Women" for the purpose of television programming among other things.

So looks like the women are on course to getting the own show.

Would it be a womens wrestling show though or a total divas like reality show?

I'd be interested in a womens wrestling show but hopefully Khan would hand the booking to someone else. Hope he wasn't banking on new potential signings like Sasha because it looks like that's not going to happen. I think it'll be very hard now to pick up any decent women wrestlers from WWE with HHH in charge. There was always a chance with Vince being an idiot even recently when supposedly he wasn't a fan of Io Shirai after watching her in a dark match so it looked like she'd be available when her contract expired.

Could just be what they decide to call the women's division, like the Women of Honor.

I hope the cover art that's out there is just a placeholder though, that thing was ugly. Guessing all these leaks mean an announcement could be coming soon.

As for All Elite Women. Their parent company are making a big push into unscripted programming so assume it's that.

I would hope it's not another wrestling show personally.

• Advertisement

Another Dark, another All Atlantic title match. This time against Connor Mills at RevPro. Seems to be working towards a Kip Sabian return.

Also had the debut of Parker Boudreaux, aka NXT's Harland as a new member of the Trustbusters. Looking even more like Brock.

Seems everything from yesterday was legit (including the dodgy looking cover) being put out by THQNordic, more information expected to arrive on the 12th August. Website has also launched https://aew.thqnordic.com/ has some new pics and better quality versions of the ones from yesterday.

I searched the game on the Xbox store on my Xbox and it's listed but it also includes a new trailer for it, that I don't think should have been uploaded yet, with Britt and Tony Schiavone sitting playing the game. It's only around 2 minutes long and they mention the digital showcase so I presume this is what will be shown on the 12th.

It showed mini games as well like baseball and dancing 😬

No release date was given.

Just saw this online. Jesus, if that's all they're showing at the showcase it's a bit underwhelming. Trailer was a bit cringe too tbh, just felt awkwardly scripted.

I will say the game looks fun if a little clunky. The minigames are a bit meh, I know they're going for arcade-y but not sure what the mini games will really offer. I'm hoping this is going to be great but I haven't quite been blown away yet.

Trailer is gone off Xbox now so definitely wasn't supposed to be uploaded haha.

It showed Britt Vs Adam Cole gameplay as well. Can't remember if it was confirmed before that you can have male Vs female matches.

Madison gone from Impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hottest Boy in AEW by Pretty Peter Avalon,

It's got summer number 2 written all over it.

Peter Avalon is great :) He did a good interview with Chris Van Vliet that's well worth a watch (as are most of CVV's things).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4QLfhQVMuo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Advertisement