Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Steve Lilywhite said yesterday that U2 are doing some recording at the moment.
    "They’re very excited"
    New album perhaps ?

I always thought of SOI and SOE as two parts of an album trilogy, so there should be a third instalment. I'm not as excited about new U2 material as I used to be though, they really seem to have settled into playing it safe on their last few albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's my wallet ****ed if they plan on touring next year ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »

Bring it on, another stint in the 3Arena would be just the job. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭legohouse

PTH2009 wrote: »

I heard there is a stadium tour planned for next year. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

legohouse wrote: »
    I heard there is a stadium tour planned for next year. ..

13th anniversary tour of Get on Your Boots being released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

JKerova1 wrote: »
    I always thought of SOI and SOE as two parts of an album trilogy, so there should be a third instalment. I'm not as excited about new U2 material as I used to be though, they really seem to have settled into playing it safe on their last few albums.

Is Lillywhite involved, I wonder? That would give me some hope. This nonsense of hooking up with the trendy producer of the day has just resulted in bland, over-produced tunes.

Trying to "stay relevant" just drags them down into morass of modern nonsense. Adam said once about how they should maybe just try to "please themselves" and I think that would be great. A lot of the recent stuff has been very good but too much of it has been trying to recreate the current sound rather than create their own sound and it isn't successful because you don't recognise the band in it and therfore you can't believe in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

I understand they have been sporadically recording etc, but they always do that, its no indication, an album is out, anytime soon, i’d guess 2023 at the very earliest, for the next tour.

There were rumours of an Achtung Baby 30th anniversary tour, but nothing came of it.

There is the Anton Corbijn film called “Heartland” of the Joshua Tree 30th anniversary South American tour, which has not been released, so we might get that next year, but i’d say no new album until well into 2022.

Post edited by fafy on

Zoo TV was epic and groundbreaking.

Its uncanny how relevant its depiction of a tech-driven future fraught with information overload, political tumult and social breakdown, is almost 30 years later.

Has it really been 30 years since Achtung Baby was released, I feel old.

Their best album.

Agreed, i have no doubt its their finest hour, and the tour was staggeringly groundbreaking, in every way. Only got to see one gig on that tour, but still remember, it was jaw dropping WTF !!

• Advertisement

God I never realised how amazing an album 'Achtung Baby' is

A tour with that full in tour would be amazing, not looking likely in the near future

Its their best album.

A masterpiece and I dont use that word lightly.

At same time I heard about a U2 Stadium tour, I heard arctic monkeys were doing a stadium tour next year as well. With the same band supporting them both..

1 down...1 to go.. 🤞🤞

https://twitter.com/mainlyoasis/status/1459129866444550144?t=HFD5626wmBxrVK9jGmAC0g&s=19

There never a chance of an anniversary AB tour, i’m fairly sure they ruled that out a long time ago, 2023 at the earliest, for next tour, should get a new album next year.

As for the repackaging of the outstanding album AB, its all been done to death, before, only this time its higher priced, no rare or unreleased music added to previous re-releases, so they are really flaaaing this, a totally pointless revenue grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Absolutely a cash grab, however, it will be decent to have the disks 3 & 4 (are they disks if streaming?), remastered to a higher quality.

I have the early re-releases from Boy up to Joshua Tree on CD, all perfect, never played "collector's items", uncovered them yesterday while tidying up, but I think I'll sell them, I'm streaming everything these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

The greed of bands , and the likes of ebay have really deminshed the hobby of collecting cds/rarieties>

I used to travel up to Temple Bar to a record store and spend my wages up there buying rare cds and bootlegs.

Then ebay and bands started selling them... Ruined the fun.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Good indepth interview on the AB album, with Jo Whiley yesterday, Edge & Bono joins her.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0011m1w

Ahem ahem

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/u2-edge-interview-new-album-1259650/

They aren’t ready to announce any plans for their next tour, but they’ve spoken in the past about the possibility of bringing Zoo TV back on the road for its 30th anniversary. The Edge is tight-lipped on their exact plans, but he says he remains very open to that idea.

“I would love that and I couldn’t rule it out,” he says. “I think [Zoo TV] is such a current thought. Back then we were we’re dealing with the overload and kind of the whiplash of 24/7 news cycles, which hadn’t been known before. It was the overload of cable TV and hundreds and hundreds of channels. And little did we know that that was just the beginning of this avalanche of channels to kind of draw your attention.

“And so, yeah, I think Zoo TV could absolutely come back and be just as relevant,” he continues. “But we haven’t actually got to the point of doing anything more than this kind of talk, but I wouldn’t rule it out again. The [production] team [from that tour] are still with us. That’s what’s fun about it.”

Ahem, ahem, again.

According to new Adam interview, album in 2023, and a tour after that- “if” conditions allow.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/adam-clayton-u2-va-ouvrir-un-nouveau-chapitre-de-son-histoire-20211201

• Advertisement

Vegas residency confirmed for next year. Predictable, inevitable, dull, uninspired.

Has it been confirmed ?

Just rumours so far from what I read.

I just saw a snappy headline online and took it as gospel

Times and Indo reporting it though so someone knows something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Well it's all coming from Billboard reporting it .. all other media including Times, Indo etc are just quoting Billboard.

It's likely true I reckon and if it is I'll be going, always wanted to go to Vegas, this is the perfect excuse !

No doubt it will be pretty pricy

That venue looks amazing, isn't London getting one of those too in the Olympic park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Getting ready for a tour, Practise the new songs and judge reaction in front of a paying audience. Pretty Savvy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Nothing official about Las Vegas yet.

Maybe tour to support a new album or a delayed anniversary tour for zoo tv

Guess I might be renewing my fan club membership

Sandra from Buzz.ie hasnt done her follow up research

Update: August 1

Our source for the information about Dublin has shared that it wasn’t U2 booking a stadium for Dublin next summer, and indeed was a different act. The local gossip was that it was U2 making the booking at the venue, but now that the booking is finalized, it has been identified to be another act. We’ve removed the information about Dublin below to prevent any confusion.

Post edited by The Nal on

• Advertisement

Ah well

God knows what price the tickets would of been going by prices of other tours atm

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Advertisement