Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym with pool near clontarf

Options
  • 01-08-2022 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Recently moved to the area and am looking for a good gym with a nice pool. I know westwood is there but their joining fee pressure really puts me off. Are they any decent alternative?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Westwood is expensive but there is nothing comparable nearby if you want a good gym and a pool.

(I’m not a member but was in the past)

The CRC has a pool and gym and is certainly cheaper, but they’re not really comparable to Westwood in terms of facilities, access and so on. I used the gym a few years ago and although it has what you’d need it was quite dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 newbie_diy

Cheers man. I looked at the CRC recently and it seems it hasn't opened to the public since covid. It would do fine. I would be happy to pay the monthly for Westwood if they were nice to deal with but the pressure selling and the crap with the 600 euro joining fee is off putting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Totally understand re WW….

• Registered Users Posts: 35 newbie_diy

I would be happy to go further afield.. What would be the best gym and pool within 20 min drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Sportslink is about a 15 min drive. Good pool, nice health suite but not a well equipped gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Any idea of what Westwood costs these days for a couple?

Advertisement