Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my team 22/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭FantasyFool

After the Leicester Goalie news and about 6 drafts iv come up with this.

Thoughts, suggestions, criticism welcome-

Ward( Iverson)

Cancelo, Zinc, TAA (Collins, N. Williams)

Bruno Guimaraes, Bailey, Salah, Mount (Andreas)

Jesus, Kane, Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Think I’m happy with this. Bench is useless.

Mendy (Ward)

TAA James Walker Perisic (Neco)

Salah Kulu Diaz Neto (Colback)

Haaland Jesus (Greenwood)

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Swap Colback for Pereira - given the type of player he is he should be in and around free kicks so possible assist - not sure what sort of attacking threat Colback would have.

A lot are saying the bench is useless - probably for the first time in FF, you can have a bench full of bargain players who are likely to play 90 mins most weeks, I would hazard a guess that Sam Greenwood will get action most weeks given it's 5 subs and he's a promising player for Leeds. Nico and Forest don't have that bad of a start and who knows how they will get on this season.

I fail to see the love for Neto, Wolves are in need of a striker so not sure who he'll be assisting in the early games? Do you think Neto will get more points than say Pereira/Colback? Could potential have two 4.5m mid field players and have 1m to spend someone else - maybe Walker to Dias, or even Neco to 5m defender, or Greenwood to Edouard/Benteke/Mateta/Broja. Broja be a gamble to start with - talk of Everton needing a striker and as mentioned Wolves need one, but he's probably most of a wait and see player. Neco to 5m player and play 5 at back probably a decent shout - maybe gamble on Ake?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ward Raya

Trent zinchenko digne dalot Patterson

Salah rashford bailey Gordon Pereira

Haaland Kane Jesus

I'm pretty happy with that. Opinions welcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Final decision I think...

Cancelo and Ward or Ederson and Perisic?

Already have Dias.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 if in doubt

Ward / Iversen

All aboard the Leicester 8m train.

TAA, Cancelo, Robertson, Zinchenko, Williams

Upgraded James to Robertson. Chelsea haven't been very settled at the back in pre-season, it's an easy downgrade if needed as Chelsea have favourable fixtures after the Spurs game in week 2.

Mount, Salah, Bernardo Silva, Kulusevski, Pereira

Bottled it and brought in Salah, was tempted with Son but think the Salah / Kulu pairing is better than Son / Diaz +1m. Bernardo can be upgraded to Foden or Mahrez if the Robertson to James downgrade goes through after week 2 as well. Surprised Mount's ownership is still so low.

Jesus, Martial, Mbuemo

Big downgrades here with Haaland and Kane gone, slightly offset by Salah in midfield and still have Spurs cover with Kulu. Jesus is an obvious choice at this stage it seems, Martial has had a good pre-season run so hopefully he keeps starting ahead of Ronaldo. Mbuemo I think is underrated compared to Toney, 1m cheaper and only 20 points less last season, has scored 3 times in 6 pre-season games including a penalty in contrast to 1 goal by Toney.

I'm sure I'll probably find a way to justify taking Salah out between now and Friday evening but I think I'm happy enough with it as it stands. Potentially 3 200 pointers in TAA, Cancelo and Salah with Robertson, Mount, Bernardo, Jesus and Kulu in the 150-200 mid range bracket all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I wonder what % of minutes Kulu will get. Would be a nice partial cover for Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think Richarlison is suspended for the first two PL games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BENCH: Forster, Broja, Cucurella, N.Williams

I suspect Firmino may very well start the season ahead of Nunez so I swapped Nunez out and brought in Sir Harold of Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Saka & Neto

or

Sancho & Martinelli

??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was Martinelli excellent in preseason games or something?......see him in a lot of teams and last Season he was very streaky whenever he got minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He was looking sharp alright and ESR isn't fit so it's his place to lose. Difficult to ignore him at just 6m.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

On my 20th variation by now!

Any opinions on this selection?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thats a very good team. I'm not sold on the Chelsea defence, I'm going without, I definitely wouldn't double up.

Would you consider Doherty and Spurs FB double up

What do ye do if Leicester sign say Dubravka after this weekend?

Double sub to get a playing goalie

Think I'm pretty much down to Martinelli & Darwin OR Coutinho and Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

My Team is locked in . Thoughts

Ramsdale

TAA

Cancelo

James

Perisic

Salah

Diaz

Martenelli

Neto

Kane

Jesus

Subs:

Ward

Archer

Andreas

Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭KurtBarlow

Talk Guimeries could be playing deeper as Shelvey is injured. Personally think Martinelli and Neto are better options

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Still tinkering. I want Kane and Haaland, but don’t want both and don’t want to ‘book’ a GW2 transfer. Had a look at getting Son in along with Haaland and came up with this:

Sanchez, Ward

TAA, Perisic, Walker, Cash (Neco)

Salah, Son, Martinelli, Bailey (Andreas)

Haaland, Jesus (Archer)

Basically, I’d get Son, Walker, Haaland and Bailey in, with Dias, Luis Diaz, Kane and Mount out. Not sure it’s worth it but interested in opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Thanks, read that too so going without him in latest draft

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah the idea of booking a transfer so early is what is swaying me too. I much prefer to bank in GW2 and have the option of doing 2 FT transfer in GW3 or even roll the transfer into a mini WC for a -4 after things have started to settle down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I’m shocked so few people have gone for Son.

Son, Kane, Salah and auto pick the rest. Sorted. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Because they want to balance with expensive defenders and other premiums and feel that Kane is a better option as Spurs cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Leicester fans seem keen on giving Iverson a chance, who knows what's going on behind the scenes though yeah.

Instead, Rodgers appears content to stick with the options already at the club and has given his backing to Schmeichel’s No.2 Danny Ward to step up.

‘Danny Ward is an exceptional keeper,’ said Rodgers. ‘I’ve always said we’ve got a number one keeper there.

‘He’s had some issues around his knee but that looks to be behind him now, he’s been training well. He’s looked good. If Kasper is to go, he’s a big possibility for us.’

He continued: ‘Daniel Iversen has been out on loan and shown he’s a very competent goalkeeper. At 25 years of age, he’s got experience, so he’s here. I think we would still need to bring in another one as a back-up. I’d be happy with that.

‘I worked with Danny and I knew his talent from Liverpool. He’s been really unfortunate here in that Kasper has never been injured. He’s been a really loyal and supportive number two.

‘It’s a what-if scenario so if Kasper was to move on, we saw him [Ward] against Watford, how he comes for crosses, how he takes the ball. He can deal with the ball at his feet.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Think I am done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Why would you be looking at a transfer in gw2? I'd love to have Salah, Kane and Haaland together but I think Salah could struggle this year without Mane in the team. I think Kane and Haaland are guaranteed goals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'd go Ederson and Perisic esp if I didn't have a Spurs defender already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Because most of us will be going with Salah. There is 0% chance I start without him, so that leaves a straight choice between Kane and Haaland.

Advertisement