Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week? Episode 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I have found the volume of new releases finding their way to Bradley's has drastically reduced in recent times. Whiplash the brewery I notice the most who's output has declined rapidly - not a bad thing per se, as I found their volume of new releases almost dizzying to keep up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I assume more going into kegs now?

I personally wouldn't be as down on GBB as some - about a month ago when I was last in the Beer Temple they had O'Brother, Lineman and Whiplash specials iirc. About the only issue was pint sized prices for 330ml glasses. Wasn't as many options more recently in Against the Grain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭The Buster

Totally agree re the Clann Box. Very disappointing. The funny thing that annoyed me was the Roc Helles - the standard size is 440ml for €2.50. They sent 330ml one with a shorter shelf live. Similarly the two oatmeal stouts are from the batch they brewed before Xmas. It very much stinks of just send the leftovers to the Clann members. Very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

It's at the stage that if you order a box from White Hag, you know they'll do this to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Posting here for info please if anyone has experience. I have a Karstien 5ltr Keg machine and wondering about ordering online from EU. Can it be done? I'm not looking at circumventing the rules. Just what the situation is if I ordered, would it be stopped or would I be liable for duty/taxes.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

No supplier abroad is paying Irish taxes so you're open to having orders stopped and charged for by Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

where are you ordering from? if you're in dublin would you be open to a shared buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tried a range of beers (except the stout) from Jumping Church brewery from Ardee today.

Not bad I liked their red "Ferdia Red" the most.

First time hearing this brewery and nice surprise at the Moynalty Threshing festival. The 2 guys seem really nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Except that one supplier that someone kept insisting absolutely, utterly, totally was; but then wouldn't give us their invoice figures, that is :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Fran Well Chieftain is pretty nice at the moment. It's kind of bright, citrussy and refreshing. Not what I remember it being like, at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sorry, wrong thread, post deleted

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

That's good to know - I've tended to avoid it when I see it on tap as last time I had it it was so bland - will give it another go so.

Look, it won't set your world on fire but it's a pleasant drop. I recall it being kind of sweet and malty, but it's years since I'd had it until recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭scottygee

I'm so tired at this point, that I just want to send you all "any beer" cheers and let's count the hours until the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Drinking this down in Spain. Not widely available on draught which is a pity. Much better then san miguel or cruzcampo

Been off the booze for a few weeks. Looking forward to cracking this one open tomorrow.

But while off drink, I did enjoy a few Kinegar Low Tide to help get me through!

Last night I went to meet some mates, only to find the pub didn't have alcohol free Guinness, and just Heino 0.0 or Estrella. Not drinking that. So nipped to the local offie and picked up Garden Brewery DDH IPA 0.0%, and Lervig No Worries Pineapple 0.5%. The Lervig being the nicest of the two.

The Lervig was delicious. Nicest stout I've had in a long time. I even opened a bottle of Redbreast 10, to enjoy alongside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭9320

Had a glass last week in the Hop House, was only grand really for me but worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Heading to Kinnegars Tap Room later to hopefully pick up their 'Smoked Pineapple Sour' Taproom only beer. I'm not mad about sours but I do love smoked malts and pineapples so definitely going to give this a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

It's a curious one alright - but glad they have made arrangements to have it on draught in some other bars around the country. Fun concept for a series, in conjunction with their Brewers at Play.

• Advertisement

In Bierhaus Cork today! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

Enjoy ! If you are still there on 22 or 23 September , I will buy you one. In the meantime, recommendations , please. 😆

Should have said that the Kinnegar smoked pineapple is in Bierhaus, not me 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any recommendations on beers readily available in supermarkets up north

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭toffeeshel

Tesco carry a good range. Try to get your hands on a UK Clubcard to avail of the cheaper clubcard prices. They stock Brewdog, Beavertown, Northern Monk, and more

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Check the dates on Tesco/Sainsburys beers. They get a lot of IPAs that sit on the shelves for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Does anyone know of any Oktoberfest themed events in Dublin this year? I know the main one stopped a few years back; I checked Rascals, Urban Brewing and a few others but nowhere seems to have any mention of one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Was in Lidl earlier, picked up some Festbier and some Black Beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

My brother picked me up one of these. Think I'll try it tonight

Advertisement