Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New wheelset - for commuter/CX/training bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Zipp 303S also have a good warranty and can be found for under 800.

If it was me I'd be finding a set of DT Swiss C1800 on sale however

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Scribe where doing their aero 50 ones for 800 recently as they're being replaced with a wider version if you fancied that.

Also, if you don't mind shallow. Merlin have Dt swiss dicut 21s for about 650. Dt swiss 240 hubs should be bombproof

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

what are Scribe wheels like in general ? was looking at the basic rim brake /alloy 365 with Campag freehub...

I don't know. They reply to queries quick though and they're operating out of Belfast so support should be okay.

I nearly bought them until I got some hunts at a decent price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'm going for the Alloy hunts. They are far cheaper than the Carbons for very little weight penalty. I can't do hookless as I still use tubes. The DTs look great but the weight penalty is too much for me. A personal thing I know but it would be important to me.

On an unrelated note, for Weepsie, on my look for wheels, I have found tons of QR Disc wheels, bike components has a load of them, IIRC you are always lookinf for them.

Advertisement