Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is the lounge access worth it, for a 11am flight to Barcelona Reus? Probably looking for food more than drinks but both will be had!

Also are babies allowed in? When I try to book, there is the only the option for adults and children aged 3-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,956 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

They have a kennel outside for the babies.

But seriously that always just means babies are free. If it was a no kids quiet zone there would be no 3yo option.

Shannon is always quiet anyway so I wouldn't bother and the snacks are really just snacks not a proper breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kennel might sound like a decent option depending on the morning!!

Thanks for the advice though, I haven't flown from Shannon in a few years although I do remember the last time was about 10 minutes from door to food, including bag drop and security. Looking forward to travelling from there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Only TA Flight crew overnight in a hotel. Cabin crew are bussed in the morning.

Long day for the CC. If the crew happen to live in the west surely they can just commute to SNN themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

It appears this North Macedonian football team did not appreciate their visit to Shannon Airport. However the team intend to respond to the evil that has been done to them (flying into Shannon apparently!) on the football field tonight.

Bad news for them, they're flying out of there again late tonight after the game.

Won't somebody please think of the North Macedonian footballers.

Plenty of more remote places out there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

My heart bleeds 🙄 Did nobody tell them that their opponents Shamrock Rovers had to fly out of Shannon last month for one of their European ties?

I bet there is more to it. Like they have one of those "why always us" perennially "oppressed" fan bases.

Pretty much, yes. They are the club of the minority Albanian population in the North Macedonian capital, Skopje.

Would be interested to know if they get a lukewarm welcome back to the airport tonight after their statement!

According to flightradar their return flight is scheduled for 11:30pm which is ambitious since the game in Tallaght won't finish until about 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sad twats dont like it dont play.Bunch of racist twats see their page all the comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Possibly originally planned for an achievable 11:30pm departure from Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Tiernster7

American Airlines called out that 9 of the 13 787's they should have received last year will arrive in 2022 , 2 this month.

Hopefully this will be enough for Shannon to be resumed in 2023

Per twitter when commented that info on website was out of date shannon airport commented back that they will update all after winter route announcement. It can't be far away.

I saw last year Ryanair announced it on 6th of August.

That could be the airport themselves announcing it with Jfk, BOS & ORY back/new this year for winter aswell. The Ryanair schedule looks to be the busiest they have had in years.

IF Ryanair are to announce something it would want to be soon. The schedules will be finalized soon for Winter for each airline.

The poor airport cant get a break with people wanting MRS updated as Winter route as well. Everyone comments on everything they do

Yip it would want to be soon, it seems to have been very late last Yr from ryanair at least , maybe ryanair have an order.

Alot to announce between AL and Ryanair, vueling they are pushing alot now. Its interesting how early in the year LinkedIn was all french contacts now they've Paris and Marseille all year round.

Agree, I don't think anyone would be using the website to really confirm things, that said updating it puts your best foot forward

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

Ryanair will probably announce a third base aircraft to tie in with their new maintenance facility in SNN. The can take 3 737s at one time possibly 4 at a squeeze but to make economic sense for RYR having a third base aircraft in SNN means they can rotate out maintenance aircraft through the base aircraft. Wouldn't make economic sense to them to be flying an aircraft in and out empty.

Was wondering could SNN see a 8200 based as well at some stage. Like you were saying to rotate out maintenance aircraft through.

SNN BOS is delayed today due to crewing issue!!!!! Hope they bring extra crew down from DUB.

Another perk of having a base

Lots of media about 9 new security staff being hired yesterday, anything unusual in this ?

Noticing quite a few 'influencers' speaking about their experience at Shannon. Its good to see but I'm not sure how effective it is.

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t think there’s anything unusual in that. Everyone’s going on about the easy journey through Shannon.

More routes and frequency’s would be even better

I just meant was volume hired unusual or standard annually.

It could be an indication of the routes and frequency to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hardly anything to do with Trump coming soon? (the amount of security)

No. They won't be hiring people on permanent contracts for one possible visit. He also won't be using the terminal if he visits, so won't be passing through security. And he'll be protected by the US Secret Service until the day he dies (or gets incarcerated), not Irish security screening staff.

Surely he'll need to recover his passports anyway before he goes anywhere? If the FBI have them he might be waiting a while for that round of golf in Doonbeg.

He's cancelled. Something to do with the Feds seizing his passport 🤣

FR Head of Comms was on Clare Fm this week they said they would look at new routes for S23. Nothing mentioned for W22/23 so defo no announcement to come from them anyway in regards to winter schedule

Noticed an extra Stansted Shannon flight on Tuesdays for September and October. (some Heathrow shortfall)

Also Shannon Group re branding to Shannon airport group.

• Advertisement

That operated Apr-May/June as well. It was dropped for July/Aug. They must have added freq elsewhere from STN for the school hols.

Advertisement