Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A for €199 on Vodafone - No need to switch number

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Just finished setting up my new Pixel 6a now and my Gomo sim seems to be working fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

No wi-fi calling though, right ?

this is an issue going back to google

for whatever reason only on Google-approved operators can this be used on google phone devices (along with VoLTE and indeed 5G)

the only option is to root the phone but then of course banking and financial apps are out

It's google-specific rather than phone specific - it's a blanket policy with them

so WiFi calling, VoLTE and 5G will work on Vodafone but one or more or all of these services will not work on unsupported operators like GoMo

It's an issue happening all over Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

I'm actually using the phone case from my Pixel 3a for this 6a.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've been DPD'd. Didn't deliver in the 1 hour window, got onto live chat, said it would be delivered by 6pm. No sign of it. Tracking says they tried to deliver but couldn't make contact. They didn't call, ring doorbell or knock on door. No delivery card left.

I'll have to take another day from home tomorrow and hope they can do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Never even thought of that, does it fit ok? My 3a case is a bit tattered at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Raoul

I ordered the spigen ultra hybrid case off Amazon.de. good brand case. I have had them on multiple phones now

The 3a cover blocks the torch on the phone, that's the only issue I've noticed so far using that cover for the 6a

Anyone get a phone call from Vodafone asking about a number change?

I don't notice a whole difference between the 3a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The 3a can run your Facebook and CandyCrush no problem, without straining itself. The 6a more so. You won't notice much difference unless you're using more intensive apps, like games etc. but for that use-case we'd be looking at premium phones worth the better part of a grand. Silly money to be able to play Call of Duty on a bus!

My Da still uses his 3a. I had a 4a until it got water damaged so i'm back to my 3a with broken screen and its still perfect. I also have a Samsung A03, which is a low-range phone and when you get to that range, you definitely notice the difference. Its slow, the UI is annoying (Samsung in general) and the camera is noticeably lower quality than the 3 year old 3a. It's missing some sensors as well, so I can't use Sky Map, but thats another issue!

So ye, my point is that a good mid-range phone is all you need. I make apps for a living and I use the 3a as a test device and its still flawless. I recommend the 'a' phones to all friends and family. I'll probably never go back to premium phones. I think we've reached a point where mid-range Pixel 'a' devices are good enough for 90% of what anyone will need a phone for. Not noticing a difference between the 3a and 6a just means you're one of the majority that don't need to splash on a premium device, and I'd say if anyone is in this thread, they're in the same boat.

I've been meaning to get the 6a but wasn't paying attention last week and missed the deal on the earbuds. Absolutely raging.

3a is out of support now which is why I'm looking to upgrade, a few of my apps won't install without Android security updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Alkers

Vodafone are.a disgrace, I should have remembered from the 4a. I've two orders paid for, one order received email and nothing further from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It wouldn't have mattered anyway most likely. Lots of us ordered, had money taken and have heard nothing since. Our orders have likely been cancelled but God forbid that Vodafone actually inform us about why!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Yep...I rang them today to see why my order cancelled. They said it was a technical glitch...... absolute BS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Raoul

Don't waste your time following it up. You will get nowhere. Speaking from experience here.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭R11

Have many people actually got the 6a from VF on this deal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I ordered it on Saturday and got it Wednesday. My 3a from the last offer has been glitchy for about 6months so on its last legs and was hoping for a new reasonably priced pixel. Thanks op for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭jusvi2001

I don't how people do it. i have tried numerous times for pixel 4a and now for pixel 6a but was never successful. unlucky me 😒. Congratulations to all who received their pixel 6a. indeed it was a great deal. Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I got one. Also got another from a friend who works at BT up North who could buy it for £199 (with buds). One to replace aPixel 3a at Xmas time and one to replace a 2 XL- and only because it is well out of support. That 2 XL still is a great phone. I will keep my own 4A 5G until it runs out of support( I hope).

• Advertisement

Wouldn't worry about missing out, I notice very little difference having upgraded from 3a

Where are u based? Let me know if u wanna sell the phone and earbuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 delerio

I previously got pixel 3a for the kids, Vodafone were a mess then , a mess now.

So I ordered 3 phones on Sunday in different colours hoping 1 would get through.

I got the black one on Wednesday.

No emails or updates from Vodafone. Shocking.

I hoping its because the colours Pixel 6A are low in stock although Vodafone website shows as in stock....

I have the Pixel 6 myself and the 6A is a slightly smaller & better size and weight.

€349 is still a great price , even without the buds, if your lucky Vodafone actually delivers.

Ye i got one today in the shop.

I knew what expect in terms of performance but I'm kinda disappointed in the camera. I've only been testing it in the living room this evening but I was expecting more of a noticeable jump from the 4a.

Will test it in the garden with good lighting tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 gallygof

What networks can you switch to Vodafone from to avail of discount? When I got 3a offer I switched from 48. Someone said on this you can keep number and select not switching but discount doesn't get deducted. Is 48 still used to switch from or do most use Eir now or Virgin? Thanks

They don't ask for this deal, just the €179 deals.

Had both my orders refunded this morning with no correspondence from Vodafone.

Are these generally available in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GalwayMan74

I dont think so .

I tried to get the 4A instore and they said the website was a different side of the business.

Yes, I got both my 4a and my 6a in 2 different bricks and mortar Vodafone shops.

6a was €350 when I bought it yesterday in the shop.

• Advertisement

Advertisement