Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

About 5 days I think

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi @drippininheat you keep your OOM and wait

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RLF93

Hi, i got an expression of interest message this week. Does anyone know how long roughly I’ll be waiting to be called for my interview? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

That's a shame. I'm in the 70s in terms of oom and thought if I did a good interview I'd get a new oom. Can't see them appointing 70 or so CO in Donegal in the lifetime of the panel 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Just had my interview. It went ok. Focused mainly on the competencies and asked a lot of questions around them- what would you do differently, how can you bring this skill forward for CO role. The time went by so quickly. Don’t be nervous they are honestly so nice and do help you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I've previously worked in the public service but left after 11 months because I got a better paying job. Of course the new company went bust and I was back to square zero.

What do I tell the interview board when they ask me why I left? If I tell the truth I'll look like a mercenary fecker!

Got the department of justice, happy days

When did you have your interview and what was your oom if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jean74

Hi,

I did interview on the 27th of July and I've heard nothing yet. Is this a bad sign? Thought interview went well, they said I would hear within 10 days but it seems everybody has heard a lot sooner. If you don't pass do they still contact you?

Interview was the end of may OOM was 48 for Kerry. I've lived in about 20 different places so garda vetting took a bit

• Advertisement

Very good. Best of luck with it. Should be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Noni_B

Hey, I'm just reading up on this thread. I got a call last week to say I will be starting in a Garda station pending vetting etc, it will be Sept before I start so they will be in touch end of aug. I'm slightly worried about the work, I wonder will there be in house training etc, I also got a 6 Month contract covering mat leave, also wonder what are the chances of being kept on after 6 months or will I be out on my ear! I'm delighted to get the 6 Month contract, it's just the start I need having been at home with the kids for the last few years. Any thoughts, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Well done thats great but have you only being placed in CO for a six month contract I thought these positions were permanent

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

Are u sure you’re on this panel and not the TCO one? This is a permanent panel

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jean74

Has anybody any input be it good or bad in relation to the above. I'm going to be gutted if its bad but would prefer to know. I interviewed for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crinkley

It’s only been 5 working days since your interview and you were told you would hear within 10. You could have been the first day of interviews for a large batch and they’ll let everyone know at the same time so it’s very likely they are still interviewing. You will be informed either way if it’s a pass or fail. Patience with this whole process is key

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Noni_B

Yes you are right! My error, at least it will be 6 months experience, maybe they might be another recruitment campaign for permanent CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

For anyone who is also on lists for kildare or laois per PAS they have called 55 for kildare and 22 for laois.

Laois hasn't moved in a few months 😭

I'm really hoping they start to move soon cause I'm losing faith I'll be called at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

@Jean74 Im in the same boat. I interviewed for Cork on the 28th I haven’t heard back either , I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one. Hopefully there just slow in announcing the Cork ones and it’s not a bad sign. I was thinking it was, as others who were interviewed last week for other counties got word. Please god there just taking their time with ours. 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jokerman87

Also interviewed for Cork on the 27th . Still heard nothing back so hopefully will be start of next week 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

Oh really , that’s 3 of us waiting on Cork. We might be still in with a chance so , good luck@Jokerman87

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Anyone have any up to date figures for Limerick or TIPP?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 violets

I got a message asking me to confirm my interest a couple of days ago. Does anyone have any idea when I might be called for an interview? Anyone in Galway called for an interview yet?

I got the interest message about a month ago. Have an interview next week. I'm in Donegal and 70 to 80 on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 9 capri sun

Got my dept and starting the end of august 😊 Excited but very nervous.long time working in my last Job and wearing a uniform.anyone know what can be worn into the office for lads.Have to buy a few things but don’t want to be over or under dressed or buy the Wrong things.hoping it’s quite casual

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crinkley

I would say if you’re in a public facing role smart causal, back office casual. Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cat1212

Hey Dslatt, just saw there that you got the Department of Justice in Kerry. I'm starting in Killarney, wbu?

Not sure yet, I'll be either in Killarney or Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Anybody able to answer this please or direct me to where I can find the answer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Percentage of pension contribution and union fees would be the same across the board unless you opt to pay more towards a pension.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Advertisement