Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

I expect Firmino to start.

Seems to be quite a few articles about Bernardo Silva wanting to leave, even with EBH, I think MC’s squad quality has dropped with Sterling/Jesus/Fernandinho/Zinchenko gone. I’m more confident the start of this season than last.

Edit: Just has a quick scan through some of the Bluemoon forum threads and a lot of City fans think that there is something up at City with disgruntled players wanting to leave. Maybe after the intensity of Pep’s approach, the players are burned out. Their defence is a particular bone of contention and the fact that they have allowed their players to strengthen rivals like Chelsea and Arsenal.

Liverpools first 11 remains the best as far as I can see and if Nunez hits the ground running, Salah getting a month’s break mid season, we must be slight favourites.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Think so too... at this stage, Nunez is probably most effective off the bench for half an hour. He's a real handful, and for his own confidence and adaptation, coming in against tired legs should make it easier to have the biggest impact. We could see in preseason he hasn't quite built up the stamina of the other lads just yet. I'd say he'll be flyin' by October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I see Konate is injured

Ox, Jones, Jota, Tsimakas, Konate, Kelleher already out

Konate and Tsimikas are short term injuries, Keita is just illness rather than injury, Jota is expected back by end of month, and Ali will play on Saturday. So no need to be alarmed, only one that seems serious is Ox and he wouldn’t have played anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really can't believe neither Fulham or Bournemouth have not made a bid for Phillips with the season starting tomorrow and both very short on defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Liverpool

Arsenal

City

Spurs

Chelsea

West Ham

That's my prediction for top 6.

Everton, Bournemouth, Leeds to go down

Utd to finish 8th.

Liverpool

City.

Spurs.

Arsenal

City to finally win the CL, Pep to resign.

Frankie to be first out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Liverpool

City

Chelsea

Arsenal

Spurs

West Ham

Everton, Bournemouth to disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

______Alisson_____

____Matip___VVD______

Trent_______Robertson

___Fab___Thiago____

Salah_Carvalho___Diaz

______Nunez_______

Kill em that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The biggest worry I'd have about the middle sector is the schedule between now and Xmas, it'll be a game every 3 or 4 days, so no real room for error. Also, we'll miss Sadio, regardless of how we'll Darwin settles in.

Anyway, enough negative chat, hopefully City will take time to settle with their changes and we get ahead and stay ahead. Can see Spurs giving Chelsea a chasing for third, and who knows, maybe Arsenal will pip one of them for fourth, but can't see it myself.

Live watching the league, but hate to see it back, means summer is nearly over 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Is Thiago likely to go to the world cup with Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Huge Michael Scott vibes from that Pep video. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'd say so, assuming he's fit. Don't think he'll be starting games, but he generally makes their squad. And they've increased the squad size to 26 this year, which makes it more likely again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Milner is set to make his 200th Premier League appearance for Liverpool. It's a massive achievement and testimony to his fitness levels.

I wonder if he'll captain the side against Fulham to mark the occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He was the midfield anchor for the opening game of last season against Norwich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That was after a quick turnaround from the summer tournaments so Hendo, Fabinho etc were still in pre season mode iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Further reason to dislike Martin Tyler, if one were needed. This is absolutely despicable from him and seems quire deliberate too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not one for cancel culture etc but sack him please Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Anyone interested in a fpl league or is there one set up already?

Wasn’t that clown supposed to be retiring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

There's one called LFC Superthread Boards league which I've been a member of for years but i don't know the code :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

He is 76. All the reports name him as sky sports commentator so sky are getting dragged into the controversy. He issued an apology but I think the stone has been cast and it’s end game for him. Sky will be wary of being ageist but I think this will trump it and he will be gone. Sky haven’t made a statement but the bbc did for not challenging his comments on their program.

If we want to win the league we need Thiago to stay fit, 25 appearances in the league last season isn't enough, he is key, he elevates our midfield to world class. We dropped stupid points early in the season from winning positions when he was out, our record with Thiago and Fabinho together is near flawless.

I just made a league lads

Code is : 4s18qe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's his use of the word "other" which nails him. Without it, he could get away with his comment by saying they're different things but he clumsily didn't differentiate. The word "other" clearly links the two - you know he believes it. For a fella who comments on football for a living to pretend that he was misinterpreted and used poor English there just doesn't wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It’s just poor use of grammar by Tyler. Why would he deliberately try and link Hillborough to holliganism on live radio. It literally makes zero sense.

I’m no fan of him but I’m sick of this perma-outrage cancel culture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

When they didn’t sack Carra, they’re not going to sack Tyler. He should be retired now though. He’s an awful commentator.

I don’t think he meant it like that, to be perfectly honest, but I’ll take absolutely anything that would get him off commentary for Liverpool games, so I’m fully onboard with this outrage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sky knocking comments off on this post for some reason...

🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Come on, he shouldn't be sacked over this. I'm tired of trying to get people fired because of a freudian slip.

Exactly, it’d be ridiculous to sack him over this.

It’s his ability as a commentator that he should be let go for.

This...

He should be sacked for being sh1te at his commentary job. This is BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I’m glad he has apologised. It’s a horrible insinuation that has caused a lot of undeserved hurt and pain to families.

He has apologised straight away but I’d like to see him taken off Liverpool games at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't think he meant to link the 2, but it was very clumsily said and he should have been pulled up on it during the program as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Leroy Sane is being linked today with €50m being the price mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Sane would be a great addition.

Was disappointed we did'nt stick in a cheeky bid before he went to Bayern, not that city would have sold to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Sane would be great but can't see it happening

Is Henderson tying Klopps hands formation wise, as he's the captain, and English, and he's there far longer than Klopp, and must play when fit.

Klopp would feel no pressure to play Hendo unless he wants to, and given his leadership of the team, he usually warrants his place in the starting XI. Just to give an example, Sebastian Kehl was the captain of Dortmund for all of Klopp’s tenure but he was rarely starting when the likes of Sahin and Bender were in their prime, and he still remained captain.

Henderson plays most weeks for Liverpool because he’s too good not to, it has nothing to do with sentimentality. If his level drops this season, so will his minutes.

I think that he, and a lot of the establishment and established media in England in particular, automatically link the two - regardless of all the proof and everything that's come out over the last 30 years, the narrative set by the likes of the police, Mackenzie and the Scum, and the grandees of the Tory Party still pervades-they don't often say it aloud, but now and again somebody lets the mask slip, and now in the background it'll be 'protect Martin, sure we all know he's mostly right and it's just whinging scousers looking for trouble again'.

The attitude still stands 30 years on, just think back to the TV coverage of the recent Champions League final and how BT and even RTÉ parrotted 'Liverpool fans coming late and causing trouble' line fed by the French without any fact checking.

Fvck Tyler, he should be out to grass years ago, but this slip shouldn't be a sacking offence in itself - it is illustrative though of a wider attitude.

I don't get the Hendo hate,

For me we are a different beast when he plays,

Yes at times his own play can be poor of ocurse it can but nobody can convince me are are anywhere near as intense without him,

He's one of them where his presence in the team seems to make everyone do everything half a yard quicker & close and press half a second earlier,

Teams like Arsenal & United will ultimate struggle this season because they have nobody like him who sets a tone & sets a standard, He's a prop[er man on the pitch ,

He'll dig out Trent, Salah, even Big Virg when it's needed

i think Gerrard & then Milner's have had a wonderful effect on him , Although Gerrard does say when he first signed he had that intensity about him ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Henderson is comfortably in our best midfield 3, I don't know why anyone would say differently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I'd agree, I think he's one of those players who's job really goes unnoticed untill he doesn't play, then you see the level of 2 or 3 of our usual star performers dropping off slightly. Hendo comes back and performances rise again.

For a big game I think he's the first name in midfield if everyone is fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Probably because he has form in regards putting his foot in it on Hillsborough.

Henderson is everything you want from a captain and top of that he's a tidy hard working midfielder. Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson is the midfield trio anyone else in the squad needs to better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yep, he is and always was a brilliant tempo setter. He makes the whole right side play the way we want to.

Advertisement