Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Maguire - LPGA/LET Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,275 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

She's in a slump, it happens to everybody. Hopefully it doesn't last much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Agreed, Form is temporary, Class is is permanent & Leona has cosistantly throughout all her career shown her golf pedigree. I definitely see her finding her form again as the year progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

3rd consecutive missed cut from Leona, can't have been nice shooting +4 while playing partners are shooting -9 and -6.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Scrabbel

Anybody know if she’s trying to change something in her game or anything like that? Pity about her form so close the US Open. It’ll come back at some stage of course.

Go Leona! Into the top 10 now. That’s more like it.

Post edited by Scrabbel on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Wow! The winner of the US Open is getting $1.8m with second getting over a million!

Leona is giving up some money today, must be playing tough today, hopefully can get a birdie or two before the end for a top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Biggest payout of her career, $261,194.67 for T8.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

In this sport I'm fully in agreement with it. It's definitely as entertaining as men's golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good to see her come back to bit of form.

• Advertisement

She could win this week, not many in-form players in it. She'll have a lot of confidence coming off that performance.

Up to T3 after 11 holes today. Great going. Hopefully she knocks in a few more birdies and has a shot at the lead tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭munster87

Going well today. Need Nelly to slip up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

She's getting closer 😊

Just 1 off the lead now and an outside chance of birdie to come.

Edit: Got it! Joint leader now, 6 under for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Here she comes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mitchelsontour

In at -17, -7 for the day.

Waiting on the others to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Finsihed on -18. Kupcho playing the last also on -18. Will she get the playoff ?

Mistake by Kupcho. Could be looking at a 3 way playoff here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Leona and Kupcho birdie 1st play off hole, on we go

Maguire and Kupcho birdie the 1st playoff hole. Korda pars it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Kupcho wins it

Very disappointing way to end but she did incredibly well today. Great to see top form coming into major week

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

You would have to feel for her missing that short putt on the 2nd play off hole. Having played so well and giving away huge yardage on the tie holes to the other 2.

Can't really warm to Kupcho but a good player in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The shock in the commentators' voices when the putt lipped out. Everyone was stunned. Was very confident she'd win that once Kupcho missed the short one on 18 in regulation and then Nelly going out, but these things happen. Don't think she's the type who would let that affect her going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

Golf clubs gone missing just a few days away from a major.

Dublin Airport is horrendous. I once was told the gate for my flight was changed and they told me the new gate, I followed all the signs and the gate didn't exist. I ended up too late getting to the right gate. Went back to talk to the person who gave me the wrong gate and she lit on me saying pretty much that I'm a misogynist for suggesting she gave me the wrong gate number. I asked to speak to her supervisor and he sorted a flight for me but it was a horrendous experience. Another time I was flying to Geneva and my luggage ended up in Paris.

Just realised that's where Leona was flying to so I'll guess her clubs are in Paris.

Edit: just read they've been found.

Leona in great shape heading into the weekend, currently two off the lead in a tie for 11th. It could have been even better but she putted poorly on the opening nine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looking at it the last few hours, don't remember seeing her once, still in 11th on -2. Course looks very well

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement