Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycrone Manor Kilcoole

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sarah11662

I've sent text message to Richard yesterday but so far I haven't heard anything from him. Have you tried to contact him?

Hi Martin, Did you take your deposit back? I'm going to give it until Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 26 martini8383

sarah11662 wrote: »
    Hi Martin, Did you take your deposit back? I'm going to give it until Friday

Hi, I've asked for our deposit back last Friday. It should be trd today. They still have no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BCM.RES

We live in Ballycrone Manor. It is a lovely estate with wonderful neighbours. Negativity regarding this estate isn't justified. The builder will be returning to complete the houses. Our understanding here is that there has been a delay due to the banks (need I say more!!) There has never been any problems with the sewage. Yes, it is temporarily on a pump system but this will be connected to the mains when site completed. Regarding the roundabout, this is between the Holywell and Ballycrone Manor builders and is currently being sorted.

I feel sorry for the people wanting to buy here and to have had so much trouble getting information from the estate agent. You really need to speak directly to the builders. They certainly will clarify a lot of the issues raised on this discussion board. Please don't give up hope. I would say once they get the green light from the bank these houses will be built. It might be better to talk to the people living in the estate rather that feed off negativity as we know exactly what the situation is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rosieposie2021

Hi all..i heard a 2nd phase has started. Just wondering if anyone has any information if they are already sold or prices? Cant seem to find any information online. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 sarah11662

Hi all..i heard a 2nd phase has started. Just wondering if anyone has any information if they are already sold or prices? Cant seem to find any information online. Thanks
    Hi I believe the land was sold for council housing

• Advertisement

Thank you back to the drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Neil99

According to the builder all the new houses are being sold privately (presumably the usual 10% for the council). I did hear that they've all been sold off the plans but can't confirm that.

Thanks. I have been trying to get contact details for the developer or estate agent that may be selling them but no joy and doesnt seem to be any info for them online

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Funny how people are screaming for housing crisis to be resolved and get more houses built but don't want to live near people living in social houses.

That's why we we have a house crisis in the first place.

Id happily live anywhere. I thought the whole site was gone to social housing but be great if some are available privately as very little for sale in area

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

murpho999 wrote: »
    Funny how people are screaming for housing crisis to be resolved and get more houses built but don't want to live near people living in social houses.

I have social housing in my estate. No issues whatsoever.
    That's why we we have a house crisis in the first place.

Not even close, if only it was that simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Addy04

Hi All,

Seems like ballycrone manor is again up to be sold. It's been bought by another builder woodfort group who plans to finish it up.

can anybody guide me if it's a good housing scheme? This will be my first home and I don't want to mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rockmyworld88

All 18 2 & 3 bed houses have been sold to respond housing charity for social housing - there's only 4 bed properties for sale on the open market.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DM89

We purchased one of the 3 beds so they are not all social houses, from what we were told 4 of the 3 bed houses are social houses. Not to sure about the 2 beds or 4 beds.

They also have planning permission for 2 more 3 beds houses (not gone on sale yet)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

They look very well and have very large gardens at the front and back.

Yeah the back gardens for the 3 beds are huge, 17 or 18 meters long from my measurements. Hope Kilcoole gets some more development now for the town centre

Quite a bit is going to kick off shortly. They are running out of space in Greystones/ Delgany.

You get much more bang for your buck in Kilcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Do you mind me asking you what the price was for a 3 bed there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bluebakes

hey can i have the too info too please? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WicklowWay1234

Hi @DM89 could you send me some info too if you wouldn't mind.

Advertisement