Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeless watch channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jaysus pardon me for never really watching any of those livestreams. I seem to remember he bought the Royal Oak and not the offshore because he thought the latter was not sophisticated enough for his worldly tastes? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭893bet

Jesus. Nauseating.

The amount of sad **** watching his channel is higher than ever. Hilarious that they think he even gives a toss. It’s purely monetary as he has shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Well despite the fact he is copying Adrian Barker and Watch Gringa in renaming the channel to his own name...its does at least remove any doubt people might have that the channel is about watches, Its a vehicle for Oisin to get external validation and bath in validation of the persona he has created.

The comments on the vids are unbelievable, that any adult would write such love letters beggars belief

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I’ve written and re-written this several times. I find I simply run out of superlatives. Through some of the most testing years any of us have experienced, this channel has been exquisite escapism. The best watches, the best wine, the best scenery of ANY channel. And what stands out, for me, is the music. The quality, the care, the devotion, the respect for us, the viewers - this isn’t next level, it’s the top level. Oisín, sir, from all of us, thank you. Rest in glory, The Timeless Watch Channel.

Oh god. It gets worse with another comment. Btw, needs to be read in an Alan Partridge voice:

The timeless watch channel is only one room inside the house of Oisin O Malley. I'm looking forward to opening doors of other rooms. Thanks for sharing Oisin...it's always an adventure...here's looking forward to more of the ride. Cheers Mate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Lol, Oisin No Money. Gave me an actual chuckle.

The poor lad must have been up all night creating accounts, writing comments and tearing himself asunder.

• Advertisement

When I remember back to a time where I think I said he was charismatic.

Shudder.

The French girl showed his colours.

Sorry, have to post another. They're so over the top it seems like they're taking the piss out of him. But no, it's just the sort of person who watches this guy

At least once in every episode I find myself doing two things: exclaiming "what a shot!" out loud, and wiping a tear from my eye. You deserve 10x the subscribers my friend. I'm sure the best is yet to come!

No matter what your genius will always shine through keep on going Oshin, love your stuff man.

Just hundreds of similar comments about what an absolute legend he is. Nothing even vaguely negative. Nothing even neutral. All in, 100% hole licking

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I’ve enjoyed his last few videos .I’ve said it before but for all his faults he does have talent for video and sound production .

I know I’ll probably be on my own here with this but maybe the drama with nico and others was him hitting rock bottom as such and his bullshit and waffle may now be done ???A fresh start with a more honest Oisin might be ahead ….

His last few videos do seem a bit more “ honest” and less wankerish. A slice of humble pie may have been what he needed ??

Or maybe my few weeks in the sun has me going soft and being too positive.

It's a difficult balancing act. When he buys a watch he got it for a great deal because he's amazing in the watch flipping business. But when he's selling a watch he's giving you a great deal too. He's also successful in life with a massive watch collection. But send him money because he's also broke.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the are and I was endlessly scrolling and it was similar comment after comment. I hope for humanity its mostly paid bots

Pretty much exactly my feelings. A seriously flawed man and I have no interest in all that drama or any of his livestreams or cringy unboxing vids and I've seen far too much already of him wandering around Venice talking sh1te and breathing heavily, but I will keep watching most of the "documentaries". Some were crap, but some others like those on the Panerai, the dambusters and in particular that one on the film "The Edge" were excellent, nobody can take that away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭j2

God those comments make me cringe. He does take some great shots around Venice, but you'd think they were talking about a Fellini film and not a video about a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭j2

Also is he having money trouble? Where did that info come from, the e-begging? I'd have assumed he's got some cash based on his watch collection.

I think it’s more cash flow problems which no doubt would be solved if he cashed out of his watch collection .Having a couple of hundred K in watches used to be only for the extreme wealthy but now you have people like him renting a house while owning a collection worth a few hundred thousand .

There was a big brouhaha with him and Nico Leonard where he wasn't paying his debts and said he couldn't get his hand on 10k. Anyone with a watch collection like that should be able to get 10k no problem. He e-begs for small things like cameras, seems to rent a tiny depressing divorced man apartment and seems to have no regular job. Would say he does jobs from time to time and gets lumps of cash but his cash flow is lumpy as ****.

I’d say his problem is that every time he has €10k cash or more he bought a watch. It’s not that he doesn’t have it , it’s that he spends it so quickly. You need a good income to spend thousands on watches every month and he doesn’t seem to have any regular income . If he had he would of no doubt bragged about it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The first who thought of changing their channel name away from watches knows the jig's up for the trend. At least as far as general public youtube views are concerned. So they're going more "lifestyle". Might include watches, might not.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Nah it's a trend that's going on for a while. Nothing to do with watches. Google's algorithms allocate more money to personal names, apparently.

• Advertisement

If he had he would of no doubt bragged about it - 100%

knows the jig's up for the trend - 100%

I think the source for that info is from the chaps themselves, not sure if its actually true, of the top 10 youtubers only 2 are personal names. I certainly think its more to do with them wanting the algorithm not to pigeon hole them into the watch space as they branch out into vomitous lifestyle bile, and Grant Cardone type self help. I can really see Oisin going down the life coach route, cold approach to girls, giving life advice to the beta cucks that seem to comment on his channel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Youtube algorithms are heavily biased towards niche channels and subjects and tags, large and small(on top of obvous stuff like views etc), rather than names. Personal names come way down the list unless that person is already famous outside of youtube, or has become famous because of youtube. IE a channel named "1960's music" will be favoured more than the channel with the name of the bass player from Canned Heat, or the name of a random bloke who is a 60's music buff, whereas a channel named "Paul McCartney" will be favoured more.

All for pretty obvious reasons. Unless a name if already well known and/or their niche is strongly attached to that name it tells potential viewers nothing. Joseph O'Soap's channel will be favoured far less and get far fewer hits from a niche audience like watches than Joe's Rolex Box.

The plain facts are the watch trend is trending down. There are fewer buyers, less wider interest and falling viewer numbers across social media. Covid bounce kept it going for longer than it should have but that's pretty much over now. Page hits on sites like Hodinkee which took the hobby mainstream are way down. The once couple of hundred comments under articles are now more like a couple of dozen. Even the mania aorund the Moonswatch is tapering off. Prices on ebay are now around 100 quid over retail and the majority have "or best offer" attached. It's the trend in microcosm.

So it makes far more sense to already established "names" on the Tube in this niche to diversify into "lifestyle" stuff to get ahead of the game.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lads! Those comments are verging on delusional. Surely there has to be a lot of them from either socks or bots?

I've no interest in his channel or his next adventure. I get that he has a following and I even get why, but, much like WWE! It's just not for me 😉

There are a lot of poor divils out there who see their lives as crap and lonely etc and will watch guys like Oisin and make him out to be a hero of sorts. The beige bloke in a beiger cublicle in LA who can't speak to Ann from accounts without sweating like a perv and whose only foreign experience was a day trip to Mexico. If you can get a piece of that market you're golden. If you can get a piece of the much larger women's "self help" market you're minted. Look at that now dead as a dodo Pickup Artist ballsology. That was huge ten years ago with a load of lonely socially excluded men signing up and paying money to listen to their "gurus". A fair number of which made some big bank from it.

And another recent "drop the watches" namechange Youtuber.

So ould Gringa is getting out in front of the crash and making vids about the madness that she herself helped to create..modern problems require modern solutions I suppose....the spice content must flow. You know she is completly untrained to give any sort of financial or economic advice. She is Church of England Minister, so all she knows about as much about it as my dog, she is just trying to get out ahead of it so in a year she can claim she called it, and if it doesn't happen forget she said anything.

She does look like Sofia Vergara after a decade of domestic violence.

On those that sell watches channels their story is “it’s just a blip”.

On those that don’t…”it the end of the world”.

They all just want views so Rolex Rolex rolex

agreed , she’s exceptionally irritating. Shes an Aldi version of jenni Elle and she’s annoying as well

Oh you utter fúcker.

You owe me a keyboard. 😂

To be fair to her, I did catch a vid of hers where she outlined the kinda money(and expenses) you could expect from a moderately viewed Tube channel. You don't see that behind the curtain stuff too often.

She's vanished too. I think? No doubt coming back in the "lifestyle" arena too. Well the beaut with that is you can follow all trends without being slave to one and she's already run with the name and personality upfront so more sensible outa the gate.

The fashionable(and gullible) are always the first to jump on the new shiny ship and the first to scurry down the hawsers when it starts to list. The wider contagion will be interesting.

• Advertisement

See with the female watch youtubers, the thing always was that they were a novelty in a nerdy male hobby. THat how Jeni (with a flipping I for god sake) Elle got so popular. Her reviews are fairly standard and her photography was normal enough. No drama, no real USP except that she is female, not shrek ugly and is slim. Same with Gringa (except her voice and teeth make me want to stab myself ). Not to get too misogynistic here but both ladies also seem to have a fellow in the background that is the one really into the watches and pulling the strings.

You only need watch a livestream on one of the watch channels for a few minutes and you discover that the fellows watching this stuff are weird and sad chaps, that sit masterbating and crying in their bedrooms. The thought of touching a real woman....yet alone meeting one with a shared interest is enough to send them into premature climax. Its these sad pricks that the watch youtube game is aimed at....and in keeping with the thread Oisin captures some of this as these same wanabe school shooters love a fellow talking to them that is "cool" and successful with the ladies. They cannot spot a bullshitter or spoofer so poorly tuned and completely unused are their interpersonal skills.

I see Jeni Elle is moving a bit into computer game streaming....and again this captures the "sad lonely fcuker" bit of the market, hasn't posted a video in a month. Oisin will move into the movie reviews, war documentary, stories of female conquests and past glories and pompous wine, food and cigar connoisseur. Dont know what Gringa will move into....

Wibbs TBH that "how much I make from yourtube" is a standard video most of them make at around the 20k subs mark. At that stage the money is enough not to make a mockery of doing it but not enough to make anyone jealous or feel they are paid shills.

Advertisement