Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

You'd have to wonder why someone gave that up after 6/7/8 months. I'd love to know how much the seller (to Kia Liffey Valley) got for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

From my experience Kia Liffey Valley do not offer high trade in value. When I enquired about a trade in last year they offered 17k on a car I traded in elsewhere for 29k, they were by far the lowest of all trades in offers I got. I was grading in for new so it wasn't that their cost of change was making up for the low offer.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

There were 116 EV6 registered in July according to motorstats bringing the number on the road up to 858.

Welcome to the thread any new owners who might be reading this thread for the first time.

worth looking on www.stats.beepbeep.ie

Just filter by make and model if you like nerdy stats like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

This is the paradox that I can't get - I see quite a few on the road, they are being bought - but no dealer is taking deposits there must be some amount of backlog

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Well yes there's a backlog, but a lot of people who look to put a deposit down today will simply buy an alternative when they realise that they can't put a deposit down.

Dealer in Cork I spoke to recently said that they received instructions from Kia to stop taking names and phone numbers of potential customers back in April. This came a couple of weeks after they stopped taking orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

Got my car looked at. Guy said it was "like rust, but not as bad as that" on brake pads. Said usually you'd just drive it more and it'd settle. Anyway he cleared it out and now everything is fine...

Interestingly before it got sorted I had had auto hold off, but when I put it on it was a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Potentially it's not a real trade in. Perhaps a test car or one a senior rep has been banging around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

All Kia Ireland staff cars and general demos are Dublin registered to their Ballymount HQ, more than likely a trade in, given current 2nd hand values you no longer take a bath trading in a newish car

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Enjoying having the EV6 but it's like xmas every time you charge to see what range it will say. Had it at around 495 mark 2 weeks ago before a trip from cork to cavan with an ionity stop each way. Down to around 385 after first charge when I came back. Heading back up each charge now. Suppose that's one of the joys of going electric 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

is there quick way to start moving in the EV6 ?

If I put it in gear too quickly it says you have to be park and this adds more time, drives me mad waiting for the thing to say ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I've never had to wait for the car before moving: Get into seat, close door, foot on brake + power button, seatbelt on, turn to Drive, go. I can't really imagine needing it to move any faster than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

For those of you that were expecting July delivery of an earth model that has been postponed, has the dealer honoured the price as agreed when you put the deposit down?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Spoke to a guy with a GT line order put in April coming in a few weeks paying 62k... Up 7k.... Take it or leave they says..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Is it not up only 2K but now over the grant threshold.

Yes hence it's 7k more on the purchaser than when it was ordered.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ouch!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

I got my car January 22 and always park it on the slope. So this issue that you mentioned was very common in my case as well. Seems like brake pads are sticking and every second or so morning I heard a thud while brake pads were released before I took off. Dealer couldnt fine any fault with my car. I have a feeling it has something to do with electronic parking and only happens during cold or wet seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Some thing would happen with my i30 that sat in the drive way from one end of the week to the next. With regenerative breaking the pads get far less use, so build up more rust etc. I don't think it's something to overly worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I'd be really really frustrated traveling behind me while i have adaptive cruise on.... Noticed last night driving home in the dark the brake lights kept coming on at the slightest slowing of the car in front ....

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pphil

It has been a while on this one bit I finally got the app to connect while on mobile data!!

I checked the Access Point Names on my phone and noticed it was defaulted to Tesco Mobile. I changed it to the 48.ie APN (I am with 48.ie) and when I force closed and reopened the app, lo and behold....connection!

Not sure if that helps you @Stefs_42 , but said I'd pass it on.

• Advertisement

Had my first issues with the car during the week while on holiday in Kerry.

First one was 4 warnings in quick succession for FCA, HBA, HDA & LKAS systems. They were all unavailable for a few minutes and then the warnings disappeared before I stopped the car.

Second issue happened when I set off for drive home yesterday. We were staying in a holiday home up a steep hill and always glided down the hill gently using regen for the week I was there and always had it set to max.

Halfway down the path, I got a warning that regen was no longer working. Regen also came back a few minutes later before I stopped the car.

I was initially thinking the first issue was cause by dirt on sensors and just needed a wipe down, but did not need it.

I think the regen might have failed as the car was fully loaded with 4 people and boot full of luggage and the gradient was too steep with this load.

Not going to bother going to dealer unless they happen again, but would be interested to know if anyone else has had these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,120 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I think the regen might have failed as the car was fully loaded with 4 people and boot full of luggage and the gradient was too steep with this load.

Just checking... Any chance you were fully charged? Most EV's have little or no regen when at a high state of charge.

Yes, I had it charged to 100% for drive home, but it disabled 1 pedal driving too. I guess it could have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

1 pedal driving works using regen. So yes, it won't work until the battery is down a bit. Regen puts power into the battery, so if it's already full, it can't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭VikingG

That's one of those cases where a helpful message such as "Battery Full Regen not working" rather than just "Regen no longer working" makes a big difference.

1 pedal drive has always worked at 100% charge since I took delivery in January without issue, so it can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

quick heads up - i was selling my car to a KIA dealer today and she mentioned that they got dropped 2 bonus EV6's last Friday out of the blue and other dealers across the country similar. May be worth ringing around if your looking - she called back anyone on her list and sold them but she did say that many of those on the list didn't bite and if someone had walked in looking for one they probably would have gotten it.

So I've a dilemma.... A very first world dilemma but a dilemma none the less...

I've been waiting for an EV6 that I put a deposit down on earlier in the year.

My heart was set on a red one.

As we speak, dealer has a gravity blue one (it's almost black but not quite) that could be mine if I so chose.

He has no idea how much longer I'd be waiting if I decline this one. (and he's not pushing this one on me at all. At my request, he contacted me as soon as he had one of any colour available)

I'm just looking for random opinions, what do you all think? Could be January or later if I hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

I’d bite his hand off, nice new car coming into winter, full led lights, cheap to run, unknowns with grant (just give it a month or two and the grant scare mongering will start) -

lifes too short, if you feel you really can’t live with the colour you can trade it in next year for what you paid for it this year ..well wear 👍🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

also have to weigh up that the grant may get cut in the budget, so the car would be 5k more expensive if it did.

Advertisement