Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

Kemari 11/1 E/W - 16.10 Goodwood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

It's a boy or a colt I should say... but anyway, we'll try Grace Angel 2/1 in 3:55 wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

3.55 looks open - chance GINNY JO newcomer ew ~66s

WD j@utis 😊 "Pilla to Post" !

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, picked the most obvious front runner, 1 minute job 🤣 ok, enough for a moment.

• Advertisement

MAX VEGA ew for me 25s

5.00 Galway Politicise ew 66 to wun

Gonna have a go on Sheer Rocks in the 17.20 at Goodwood @ 14/1

Ran a mile and two at Chester a couple of weeks ago was horsing along at the line.

Newmarket double for me.

13.55 - Fox Degree

14.25 - Star Fortress

11/1.

July 30th 2022 - my last ever bet on flat racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

in the stewards cup ABOVE 33/1 will do @Sweet Talkin Romeo in 3.20 Goodwood - each way with a few extra places on offer for the race that's in it

Good Luck

Result for 3:20 Goodwood

My 3 for today to keep myself entertained.

3:55 Goodwood - Koy Koy

7:45 Lingers - Coconut Bay

8:15 Lingers - Greenscape

3:55 race was upside down like many in Goodwood today 🤗

No good yesterday, but that's already forgotten.

I only back from work, relaxing watching horse racing. I'll side with Fools Rush In 3:30 Chester, just for the crack of it.

Battleoverdoyen went 1/100 in-play coming down the home straight and is beaten by a length.

Ka-ching! Fools reversed the form with Red Mirage as expected - I based my selection that weights were in Fools favour this time they met.

Going is 'Good' at Carlisle [accordin to racecard] so @Konny Rool is #basing his selections based on there being a little - or mebbe a lot - cut in ground.

8.45 Carlisle

Don't think a ~40yds shy of trip 6fs wil suit gambled on 9/4 jolly Kats Bob, but that's just me.

Pen landed on three here:

IRIS DANCER 4/1 , BILLIAN 12/1 , FLYING PURSUIT 12/1

#methinks there is or will be rain in the North West bordering on Scottish venue, and that should make ground soft is loddjic here, and moreso cos me's gone for last race - there be plenty o time for the clear liquid substance to seep into turf and to make things squishy underfoot,, proceedings kick off at 4.55 so might watch first race with interest.

gl

8.50 Kemmers

@Konny Rool's 'hopeful outsider'

RAKISH PADDY 33s ew

drawn wide in ten; has to be held up i'd imagine to have a chance here - looks a pure mule, but hopefully today'll be the day he settles [something this nag seems incapable of doing in most his races]

Gl

7.50 Leopardstown INNAMORARE 11/1 win gluck

• Advertisement

5.00 Tipperary

@Konny Rool is going for two here:

JUPITER EXPRESS 11/2 EW , BABY ROSABELLA 14/1 EW

Punters take note ! Konny Rool thinks the Joey O'Brien odds on fav Ultramarine 5/6 is vulnerable at this minimum trip here. I don't see his 102 rating see him lose his maiden tag here! have chanced laying him for three and four places @ ~1/3 & ~1/5

Gl

Couldn't find this one? 😁 Good call on the lay though.

Fancy some homework? Two juicy handicaps in Lingers tomorrow ;)

Alrighty then 😊

Lazy assed homers 😂

6.35 Lingfield

Surely Fort Madox Brown ~ 5/2 cannae win this - is capable of going close and has an okay draw in five,, Might lead and be nabbed; might follow/chase the pace and should still prove to be not good enough here - no way no how. He's 'double figures' in my book to cross line in front.. No idea or opinion on what his each way price is or should be; nor do I care. Makes zero appeal.

Papa Cocktail ~ 7/2 has one win from 10 (all on turf) starts and that was last year in a 2yr old race at Haydock. Can't make any kind of a case for him here on AW.

Melodramatica ~ 4/1 won a Class 5 over C/D lto by a mere neck. She'll have it far harder today. Verdict: Forgeddabouther.

Touchwood ~ 13/2 has had a few goes over 7f and has hit the crossbar in most of them. Is drawn seven so not set up too well for chasing the pace here. Has never won over 7fs but is a better proposition, imo, than the three currently ahead of him in betting. Watching brief here.

Mr Stanley ~ 11/1 is in a poor box in ten for a make-all bid; is yet to win and I'm not seeing him change that stat today.

Prince Rock ~ 12s is having his second run for Jim Boyle. Has won three times over CD, with all them in Class6s. Not seeing it today.

Onto the pick:

BLUE FLAME 8/1 NB WIN. 5yr old grey can go well from a hold-up ride from nine box. Inexperienced jockey on board but will hope that that's not to the pick's detriment. Will hope Sorin Moldoveanu can get horse to break well and also to get his steed settled early doors.

Gl

7.05 Lingfield

Three each way picks here:

THEGREATESTSHOWMAN 11/1 . Down into calmer waters may see Amy Murphy's gelding get back to winning ways here. TYSON 12/1 & DILIGENTLY DONE 10/1 are both three year olds who are hopefully open to improvement. Neither has won over the trip, but there's glimmers (including a win apiece) of form to be seen from out of their 16 (combined) in total runs, that can give either or both these a squeak here.

Come On Girl 8/1 might have had a chance with a better draw. Main Target ~ 11/4 don't look good enough - won an amateur race over C/D two runs back and had benefit of first-time cheekpieces then; doubt they'll be much addition as far as his winning claims go here considering this be's a better race. Thismydream ~ 6/1 was supported lto on his fourth run for new connections since leaving Ireland; might be capable of winning a Class 6, perhaps, but I'm giving Attwater's 3yr old the swerve here.

Meydan Rose 4/1 looks a place lay job at the prices.

tough two races them handicaps no 2 1 is obsessed over 😋

gl all

3.35 Haydock

I'm not sure Oscula 11/8 wants a stiff mile. Going on form and breeding (always a '?' with ye olde breeding, but it's summit to ponder on anyhow 😛) ''Buffy's'' filly sure do look very short here. I have similar thoughts on ~ 3/1 second fav Crenelle.

Nothing obvious here, but I hope there's a few in this slightly depleted 12 runner (2 nons so far - hopefully that's sum total) field that'll finish ahead of market principals. Considering place-lays on the top two in betting - depending on their prices later on today.

Three ew picks in this: AURIA 16/1 , RANDOM HARVEST 14/1 & FLORAL SPLENDOUR 14/1

Think a stiff mile should suit the lightly raced and up in grade THUNDERSHOWER who looks a good price at six to one. Will go win on Johnny G's filly.

Eight picks in three races - think i'll leave it at that

gl ☺️

I'm put off by the jockey on Blue Flame, so sticking with Ford Maddox instead ;) He tried to make all last time which didn't work out, hopefully jockey won't attempt that again today.

I can't really make a strong case for any of them. ThisMyDream is drifting like mad (too much pace, competition for the lead today?), that's enough to be put off but he went so close lto, I'm wondering what odds he'd be if he'd actually won that race.

Main Target won an amateur cl6 over CD two runs back but ran well in Kempton lto off the same mark, so he cannot be discounted;

Meydan Rose - no feelings about this one;

Enduring - won well on turf but seems to be struggling off this mark on a/w;

Thegreatestshowman is tumbling down the weights and this is his only 2nd career start in class 5 but he seems be more fond of 5furlongs...

Tyson - another one with sliding mark but yet to show some for this season...

So, nah, nothing, nada, zilch, zero fancies in 7:05 Lingers. If I had to choose one I'd for favorite or the Showman to place counting of his class to help him out?

sticking with Ford Maddox instead ;

😮 😮 😮

WHAAAAAAAT ???????

arter me sayin he couldn't win? this is subversive behaviour wench !! wash thy keyboard out with soap and water and all will be forgiven 😒 😓 😃

can only scratch me head and consider this insult an aberration; nor indeed does it reflect any stance of host company insofar as a broad back talking a dude on any and all matters sporting related is in any way normally acceptable on this hyah forum 🙂

• Advertisement

Oscula is like miles ahead in ratings to the rest of them, I'll surprised to see her beaten...

Advertisement