Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@bad2thebone you were thread banned last week - that means you are permanently banned from posting in this thread.

Posts and replies deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Of course I do. Thats what I was stating. That they were crap against the variant that existed at the time, we did not know what extent the new variant was circulating at the time..but even mentioning the possibility that the vaccines were not 'working' got you a ban.

Yes

People who doubt the efficacy or question the mRNA vaccines are not automatically anti-vaxxers. There is lots of recipients of mRNA vaccines who are dead or seriously injured. Yes a tiny minority but dont say we have all had them and we are all fine. There will always be anti-vaxxers and also the complete opposite who never question anything and accept any peer reviewed data from a pharma company about their product. I am not your usual 'take a pill' brigade and will continue to question everything. It may be that mRNA is a great tool in medicine but for me the jury is out until we have more data in and hopefully more mRNA drugs that we can benchmark against traditional drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People who spend hundreds of posts pedantically "doubting" vaccines in a conspiracy theory forum are not genuine.

No offense, but how stupid do you think people are?

God the self righteousness here is sickening. "Ive had the shot and I know more than you"

Even though i'm on a conspiracy theories thread so i ultimately have doubts.

Unfortunately you cant turn back now. I'm still alive and have not experimented so in future I might be part of a trial as I am one of the few un vaxxed to compare with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,990 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Normal people have doubts about everything. Within reason.

To be blunt. "Low-info" people used to defer to experts. Now, with the internet and this post-fact age, these people are manipulated by grifters and cranks to think they are "special" for attacking science under the guise of "just asking questions", they are empowered by nonsense on social media that validates their irrational beliefs.

You can have all the doubts about vaccines you want, but you well beyond the benefit of the doubt at this stage and it's abundantly clear to anyone you aren't here to have your "questions" answered.

Likewise, at this advanced stage, there is no way you don't notice you are flanked by people who think satellites are fake, that Bill Gates wants to depopulate the planet, that the entire medical community is in on a Dr. Evil global plot. There's no way you don't notice that all these people share the same systematic distrust of authority. That they all share the same systematic distrust of science. That flat-earthers "doubt" physics, that 9/11 truthers "doubt" engineering, that anti-vaxxers "doubt" medical science and so on. And like them, no one here is going to explain or convince you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Ridiculous. All if you are mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Sorry, you've run away from my question yet again.

I asked you to explain how you believe Boards is involved in the conspiracy to silence your "questions and doubts".

You assert that you've been banned unfairly, and that because it's impossible that you were just wrong, it must be that Boards is involved in a giant conspiracy.

If that's all you're able to say and show about that, surely you can understand why people see that as a bit silly.

If you've more, then please outline your conspiracy.

Are boards paid to silence posters like yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yup. Link dump that doesn't have anything to do with the thread.

Written by electrical engineers and published in a sketchy looking place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDPI

Honest question, where did you find this? Was it twitter? Facebook?

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@charlie_says contribute to the conversation or don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kernkraft500

You've obviously not taken in the self righteousness of the people who haven't had the vaccine... you're in for a ride with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

Vaxxie, vaxxie, so obsessed,

Wore your mask and took your tests.

Still got COVID, every strain,

Spike proteins inside your brain.

Short of breath at 24,

"Dr. HOULI gimmie more!"

Proteins tangle and misfold,

Amyloidosis taking hold.

Swollen heart at 25,

"Thank Moderna I'm alive!"

There's no cure for microclot,

Getting worse with every shot.

Heart attack at 26,

Prayed to Pfizer for a fix.

Vaxxie, vaxxie, death is lurking,

Doctor says, "that means it's working."

Died of SADS at 27,

All good vaxxies go to heaven.

Obituary headline noted:

"Anti-Vaxxer Dies of COVID."

His family is quite upset,

But they're alive, at least on net.

And, they say, "it's for the better,"

Without the vax "he would be deader."

That’s like the nonsense Buzzer used to post. Anything to back up what you are trying to blame the vaccine for in your post?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Interesting interview with Professor Jeffrey Sachs, chairman of the COVID-19 commission for the Lancet.

Whilst he is talking about the origins of Covid and the lab leak theory specifically rather than the vaccine, he makes some interesting points relevant in the context of the vaccine and the question whether or not and if so why scientists are ignoring safety signals concerning the vaccines. Some excerpts:

Well, the funny thing is those scientists who are saying that said the same thing on February 4, 2020, before they had done any research at all. And they published the same statement in March 2020, before they had any facts at all. So they’re creating a narrative. And they’re denying the alternative hypothesis without looking closely at it. That’s the basic point.

Well, that is what may have happened. And what has been true from the start is that that very real possibility, which a lot of scientists know, has not been looked at closely, even though it’s absolutely clear that it could have happened that way. They’re not looking. They just keep telling us, “Look at the market, look at the market, look at the market!” But they don’t address this alternative. They don’t even look at the data. They don’t even ask questions. And the truth is from the beginning, they haven’t asked the real questions.

But not quite the beginning Because at the beginning, which we could date from the first phone call of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with a group of virologists on February 1, 2020, the virologists said “Oh my god, that is strange, that could well be a laboratory creation. What is that furin cleavage site doing in there?” Because scientists knew that was part of an active ongoing research program. And yet, by February 3, the same group is saying “No, no, it’s natural, it’s natural.” By February 4, they start to draft the papers that are telling the public, “Don’t worry, it’s natural.” By March, they write a paper—totally spurious, in my view—called the proximal origins paper  that is the most cited bio paper in 2020. It said: it is absolutely natural. [Note: the paper’s conclusion is “we do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible.”] But they didn’t have any of the data that you read about in the New York Times. They didn’t have any of this. They just said the labs weren’t working on this alternative. But you know what, they don’t know what the labs were working on, because they never asked, and NIH hasn’t told us.

And the scientists like those that talk about the Huanan market, they don’t even discuss that research that was underway. That is just misdirection, to my mind. It’s like sleight of hand art. Don’t look over there. Look over here. 

And yet I see NIH with its head in the ground. “Oh, no, nothing here to look at.” And then I see the scientists. “Oh, nothing here to look at. We know it’s the market. Did we find an animal? No. Do we have an explanation of where that furin cleavage site came in? No. We don’t have an explanation of the timing, which doesn’t quite look right. Oh, but don’t look over there, because there’s nothing there, they keep telling us. Well, that’s a little silly. 

Don’t talk about it. Don’t even discuss it. Just say right from the beginning: This is natural. Of course, it’s natural. Everything else is kooky. 

So you saw a narrative being created. And the scientists are not acting like scientists. Because when you’re acting like a scientist, you’re pursuing alternative hypotheses.

So I see the scientists absolutely trying to create a narrative and take our eyes off of another issue. 

Now, again, let me emphasize, we don’t have definitive evidence of either hypothesis. But what we do have is definitive evidence that officialdom has tried to keep our eyes away from the lab creation hypothesis.

And we know definitively that from the beginning, NIH has been running from telling us what has been done. They’re not telling us the truth, that they had reason to fear from the start that this came out of a lab. And that to this day, they have reason to suspect it, but they’re not talking. 

Well, more than that: I appointed him—this was Peter Daszak—I appointed him to chair the task force of the pandemic commission that I was running for the Lancet. And he headed a task force on the origins. I thought, naively at the beginning, “Well, here’s a guy who is so connected, he would know.” And then I realized he was not telling me the truth. And it took me some months, but the more I saw it, the more I resented it. 

And so I told him, “Look, you have to leave.” And then the other scientists in that task force attacked me for being anti-scientific. And I asked them: “What are your connections with all of this?” They didn’t tell me. Then when the Freedom of Information Act released some of these documents that NIH had been hiding from the public, I saw that people that were attacking me were also part of this thing.

There's more, but you get the idea. It's pretty clear what this guy thinks.

I googled him to find out more and discovered a recent article from Politico very bluntly stating he has an agenda of his own - "a long-time advocate of dismantling American hegemony and embracing the rise of China"

So which is it? A well placed individual speaking out against what he says is a political narrative rather than any scientific fact.

Or an enemy of the people spreading dangerous misinformation?

What does the origin of Covid have to do with the safety of vaccines?

he is talking about the origins of Covid and the lab leak theory specifically rather than the vaccine, he makes some interesting points relevant in the context of the vaccine and the question whether or not and if so why scientists are ignoring safety signals concerning the vaccines

The "But the scientists said... why would they lie..." argument is trotted out here on vaccines repeatedly.

HI Hon the world is lacking in humour just trying to lighten the mood, a lot of vaxxed people feel a bit hard done by so they cant enjoy humour anymore. Accepting that there might be a few issues with the vaxes means you have to admit you ran too quickly to take it. Thats ok we all do silly things and make mistakes. But we all learn from our mistakes and maybe avoid the monkey pox vaccine or be a bit more questioning and skeptical about it ! Have a nice weekend Hon.

Here's a typical boards mod in action! 😀

• Advertisement

You already said what he is talking about. I’m asking what does it have to do with the topic on hand, covid vaccine safety? It’s just a dump of a load of text deflecting from the inability to identify safety issues.

Any need to surround your BS with patronising crap? No one ever said that vaccines were 100% safe. They are much safer than covid itself though.

And I have told you what the relevance is in the context of previous discussions here.

Do you think he sounds credible? Does he have a point?

Seethe........

I haven’t read the link you posted. I just read the selective text of your post, and we all know they there is previous of quoting out of context, and so I dismissed it as more deflection away from the safety of the vaccines.

Why? You have history of using quotes out of context, and using partial quotes. Why would I waste more time reading a completely off topic article to appease your desire to deflect?

That's incorrect. You have a history of accusing me of selectively quoting out of context in order to deliberately misrepresent.

It never actually happened though. It's just a tactic you use in an attempt to discredit and deflect.

Maybe I have mixed you up with another poster. Were you partially quoting Faucci recently to ensure that his comments had a different meaning to what his full comments were. If so, then it was you and I’m right. If not then I apologise.

• Advertisement

It wasn't me.

That's the problem when you abandon all attempts at discussion and debate and just view a subject through the lens of them and us.

Ignoring actually what is being posted and discrediting and deflecting because of who posted it, means you can't keep up with who said what.

Advertisement