Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No, it’s what happens when conversations overlap and there are a number of false claims, misunderstanding of data, misrepresentations of data going on all at the same time. I’m human, and I got you mixed up with another poster.

Others have made similar mistakes here and even outright lied for days that I said something that I didn’t, even when I produced the evidence. There was no apology. You got yours, because as I said I am human and I made a mistake. To err is human.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Fair enough.

So, do you think he sounds credible? Does he have a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Nope. You have a long history on this thread of misquoting and misrepresentation.

Once again you're just link dumping something you found off Twitter or another anti vaxx source.

I have no idea because I’m not really feeling the vibe of going down another rabbit hole tangent because conspiracy theorists can’t focus on the topic of safety and discuss it.

Nope. You have a long history on this thread of misquoting and misrepresentation.

That's incorrect. You have a history of accusing me of selectively quoting out of context in order to deliberately misrepresent.

It never actually happened though. It's just a tactic you use in an attempt to discredit and deflect.

Once again you're just link dumping something you found off Twitter or another anti vaxx source.

And this rubbishing the post not because of the content or even the source, but because of what you claim is the source of the source is just another attempt to discredit and deflect.

• Advertisement

What I was hoping to discuss was scientists and experts deliberately avoiding investigating plausible hypotheses because it did not suit a narrative. It is entirely relevant to this thread.

Lol. Nope. This has been demonstrated to you time and time again. You don't accept that or pretend not to see those points.

Others do however.

And yes, I keep pointing out that conspiracy theorists get all of these links from twitter because that is an issue inherent in the conspiracy theories.

All of the information you and your fellows are using is being fed to you selectively by grifters who are using your willingness to believe them to manipulate them.

You don't want to acknowledge this, so you keep dodging the point. Again, people see this is what you are doing. You're not fooling anyone except for other conspiracy theorists.

As people have pointed out your habit is to throw out these tangents you find on your prefered news feeds, don't accurately represent facts or statements, never do any fact checking of your own and then when you start getting asked to many difficult questions about this tangent, you start ignoring and avoiding and eventually start looking for a new tangent to deflect to.

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@cezanne contribute to the discussion or don't post. Memes and gifs don't contribute to the discussion.

• Advertisement

Why discuss it here? Why not ask this question in a science or medical forum?

I think it's because you will not get any answers that support your conspiracy theory world view, or you will receive answers that will challenge your world view.

The question has nothing to do with vaccine safety though.

Lol. Nope. This has been demonstrated to you time and time again. You don't accept that or pretend not to see those points.

Others do however.

It's never once been demonstrated. If you are claiming this as fact and are so certain it has been demonstrated time and time again then post a link to one of these many examples. Otherwise it just remains a baseless accusation that you repeat simply to discredit and deflect.

And yes, I keep pointing out that conspiracy theorists get all of these links from twitter because that is an issue inherent in the conspiracy theories.

All of the information you and your fellows are using is being fed to you selectively by grifters who are using your willingness to believe them to manipulate them.

You don't want to acknowledge this, so you keep dodging the point. Again, people see this is what you are doing. You're not fooling anyone except for other conspiracy theorists.

And again this is not a counterargument or even a discussion. It's just saying "I believe you found this from a source I believe to be worthless, therefore your point is worthless" - it's just an attempt to discredit and deflect from the fact that the chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19 said: "So you saw a narrative being created. And the scientists are not acting like scientists. Because when you’re acting like a scientist, you’re pursuing alternative hypotheses."

As people have pointed out your habit is to throw out these tangents you find on your prefered news feeds, As people have pointed out your habit is to throw out these tangents you find on your prefered news feeds, don't accurately represent facts or statements, never do any fact checking of your own and then when you start getting asked to many difficult questions about this tangent, you start ignoring and avoiding and eventually start looking for a new tangent to deflect to.

don't accurately represent facts or statements? I quoted verbatim from an interview with the chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19. What in that post did not accurately represent facts or statements?

never do any fact checking of your own? I googled the Professor to find out more about him, and verified that he has strongly held these opinions and similiar statements are quoted elsewhere. The interview is not made up.

when you start getting asked to many difficult questions about this tangent, you start ignoring and avoiding? This is not a tangent and I haven't been asked any questions at all about the subject matter of the post, never mind difficult ones. I have simply been told it's not worth discussing because a) I have a history of misquoting and misrepresenting - untrue - and b) it's off topic - also untrue.

If the subject is of no interest to you, fair enough, ignore the post. But simply trying to kill any discussion on it by your attempts to discredit and deflect is hugely transparent.

The chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19 says - "So I see the scientists absolutely trying to create a narrative and take our eyes off of another issue."

You more than most repeatedly ask questions along the lines of "Is there any evidence of a cover up? It is just twitter grifters who are claiming this. Show me an expert who thinks scientists are covering up."

When you are presented with evidence of an expert claiming a cover up you say "Why discuss it here? Why not ask this question in a science or medical forum?"

The expert is claiming a conspiracy. This absolutely is the right forum for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,803 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OK. But hes an economist and a UN advisor for Sustainable Development Goals.

An economist. How does that make him "an expert" in virology?

It's never once been demonstrated. If you are claiming this as fact and are so certain it has been demonstrated time and time again then post a link to one of these many examples. Otherwise it just remains a baseless accusation that you repeat simply to discredit and deflect.

Lol. If you say so man.

And again this is not a counterargument or even a discussion. It's just saying "I believe you found this from a source I believe to be worthless, therefore your point is worthless" - it's just an attempt to discredit and deflect from the fact that the chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19 said: "So you saw a narrative being created. And the scientists are not acting like scientists. Because when you’re acting like a scientist, you’re pursuing alternative hypotheses."

Lol Nope. Not my point at all. Another example of your misrepresentation.

The point I'm making is that you guys keep being fed these articles in a way that's manipulative.

But we can't have this conversation because you won't admit where you keep finding these articles.

don't accurately represent facts or statements? I quoted verbatim from an interview with the chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19. What in that post did not accurately represent facts or statements?

Cool. Where then does this person say VERBATIM that there's a conspiracy going on?

Not your interpretation of his statement. Not something you conclude from reading between the lines.

Post the exact quote where he says he believes that there is a conspiracy to stop scientists from looking into certain things.

And please then also point out where he believes this is also happening for vaccine safety.

Cool. Where then does this person say VERBATIM that there's a conspiracy going on?

Not your interpretation of his statement. Not something you conclude from reading between the lines.

Ok, fair enough, he does not say verbatim that there is a conspiracy going on, which is why the point of my post was a discussion prompted by the question: "So which is it? A well placed individual speaking out against what he says is a political narrative rather than any scientific fact. Or an enemy of the people spreading dangerous misinformation?"

But I did quote him verbatim. And you claimed my post did not accurately represent facts or statements. What in my post did not accurately represent facts or statements?

This is an example of the kind of post you claim I am misquoting or misrepresenting and has been demonstrated numerous times. It's total garbage.

As chair of the Lancet commission on COVID-19 I think it can be assumed he's an expert the subject matter in hand - i.e COVID-19.

You claimed he said there was a conspiracy going on.

You now concede that he did not say that.

You are also implying that this has something to do with the vaccines.

You also concede that you cannot point to any quote where he says any of his claims have anything to do with the vaccines.

On both points, you've misrepresented things.

And again, if you're looking for an answer to your question, why not ask it in a medical forum? You're more likely to get an accurate, informed answer there.

Do you agree he is talking about scientists deliberately creating a narrative in order to deflect from another issue?

Nope. As we've seen, you're not very good at accurately representing what people say.

I don't know what he's said or what he's talking about. But my experience with you is that you are most likely misrepresenting things like always and like when you claimed he said there was a conspiracy.

And you've dodged the question again. You're posting this here because you're only interested in conspiracy narratives about what he said.

It's all off topic anyway as it's got nothing to do with vaccine safety.

• Advertisement

I haven't misrepresented anything he said - I quoted him verbatim and then posed the question in the post:

So which is it? A well placed individual speaking out against what he says is a political narrative rather than any scientific fact.

Or an enemy of the people spreading dangerous misinformation?

For blindingly obvious reasons I think that's potentially an interesting discussion to have on a thread about vaccine safety on a conspiracy theory discussion forum. But once again, we can't have the discussion because you are hell bent on derailing and deflecting from it before it even gets going with accusations of misrepresentation and irrelevance.

That's why people ignore you. Not because they are unable to answer your hard questions or refute your insights.

But you did misrepresent things. You claimed he said something he didn't.

It's what you usually do when you find articles like this on twitter. So I've no reason to think that it's somehow different for other parts of the article.

But again, it's all off topic. There's nothing connecting that article to vaccine safety.

Does it talk about vaccine safety?

Does he claim that anything he says applies to vaccine safety?

If the answer to these is no, then it has nothing to do with the vaccines.

If you want to discuss the article, you're better off asking in the medical forums.

What kind of discussion are you honestly expecting here?

Your fellow conspiracy theorists, the majority of which you've ignored cause their claims are too embarrassing to agree with, will say "yup, that proves they're covering up stuff about vaccine safety which proves the vaccine is dangerous."?

But you did misrepresent things. You claimed he said something he didn't.

No I didn't.

After the initial post in response to the claims of misrepresentation and queries about why this is relevant in a conspiracy theory forum, I said he was claiming a conspiracy.

It is blindingly obvious that in my opinion this is the answer to the original question in the post I put: So which is it? A well placed individual speaking out against what he says is a political narrative rather than any scientific fact.

He is alleging scientists are deliberately avoiding plausible hypotheses for political reasons. This fits with in with the idea of a conspiracy theory.

I have quoted him repeatedly saying scientists are lying, creating a narrative and hiding documents.

In my opinion the above is tantamount to claiming a conspiracy. If my opinion is wrong why not tell me what you think he is claiming, as per the original question I posed?

Instead you say that because he did not specifically say "There is a conspiracy" that I am misrepresenting him. That's ridiculous.

If this really was a misrepresentation you would be able to comment on what you think the meaning of his words actually is, if not a conspiracy. But yet again you are unable to do so. And you rely on this sort of stuff to discredit and deflect on all posts you are unable to contradict. It's tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kernkraft500

the thread is on vaccine safety..

the opinion piece is on the source of covid...

I'm seeing a little bit of a gap of topics

Yea, your opinion of what people mean doesn't necessarily mean that is their actual opinion.

And again, all of it is irrelevant as that article has nothing at all to do with vaccine safety.

Again, what discussion are you expecting from people you spend most of your time ignoring because you understand their claims are embarrassingly false?

They're only going to tell you that it proves their conspiracy theories that you keep insisting you don't believe (but never actually disagree with directly).

It's almost like that's the only thing you want to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

<SNIP>

Do not comment on Moderator action on thread

As per the post:

Whilst he is talking about the origins of Covid and the lab leak theory specifically rather than the vaccine, he makes some interesting points relevant in the context of the vaccine and the question whether or not and if so why scientists are ignoring safety signals concerning the vaccines

But that's all your own extrapolition based on the fact you're a conspiracy theorist looking for a conspiracy theory.

Your article does not talk about the vaccines. You are misrepresenting it by claiming it's topic can transfer to the vaccines.

And again, you've not actually shown that scientists are ignoring safety signals. You guys have failed completely to show that there are any safety signals to ignore. And it's been shown time and time again that the vaccines are safe. You've accepted this several times. But here you are again pretending to be on the fence...

So not relevant at all. It's just a link dump on your part to try and deflect from the previous topic.

That topic was the notion that boards is involved in a conspiracy to stifle discussion about vaccine safety.

Any thoughts on this at all?

Well we know for a fact that in his opinion scientists are creating a narrative and not acting like scientists. And lying. And hiding documents.

Whether that is tantamount to a conspiracy or not is what you're taking issue with.

I think it is because he clearly states that scientists are acting together - i.e conspiring.

In your opinion it is not. But hey, that's just your opinion, not evidence of me misrepresenting the expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kernkraft500

In the article you linked... the word safety isn't mentioned once....

The danger of strains emerging is alluded to...

Please actually read the articles, take on board they are opinion pieces, and stop doing 2+2 =5

Have a search through google scholar, or any university library online search and clue yourself up on the tens of thousands of studies completed and still ongoing on all vaccine safety

Advertisement