Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree swallowing up object nailed into it

Options
  • 07-08-2022 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

He's been renting the land since about April and has hammered a big nail-like thing into our finest tree. The tree has grown since and and has expanded out around this object. When I first saw it yesterday, it looked like the farmer had since tried to get it out... and that when untwisting it, some the plastic part cracked off. I tried a to get it out with by hammering something narrow and rigid in around it, and as you can see, I ended up cracking more of the plastic off.

What can be done to get this out easily? I know I can get it out, but I wouldn't want a huge hole being. Given the size of the tree it should survive it in either case. I assume it wouldn't harm the tree in any way being left there. But the thought of it being in there forever more drives me mad.

Comments

Advertisement