Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread, all aboard the Mitro express

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kane to Haaland as planned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hard to ignore him at home to BOU with Kane facing Chelsea. Reckon I'll follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

Does anyone know is it possible to buy a device that will shock you if you go to do something on a PC. You see over the last few years I have repeatedly kneejerked Mitro into my team in the first couple of weeks based on one performance or preseason hype. Seriously tempted to do it again this evening. I swear giving up cigarettes is easier than going cold turkey on Mitro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Maybe reminding you that he scored 3 goals last time they were in PL will help you stay away from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I checked the Haaland transfers at 5.30pm ans he had 59k transfers in this gameweek... Now on 313k already!

Kane on 280k transfers out so pretty clear what the trend there is

• Advertisement

It's an obvious transfer.

Those who have Haaland now wił get an early advantage of having extra transfer available.

Haaland is a must have now.

I will be watching Dasilva, very little movement on him, 7k transfers.

One to keep an eye on if you have 0 in the bank and you plan to bring him in.

I will bank for now, but could be an alternative to Pereira from Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I liked the Kane pick.

I think it was solid to go with him in GW1.

But I simply can't watch Haaland this season without him. The City attack is bring built around him. I've seen enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pulled the trigger on Solanke & KDB to Haaland & Peirera.

Listened to the game today and it seemed to me that everything was geared towards creating chances for Haaland, which means he'll clean up on goals and the mids will share assists, bit like United last season

You're new around here, this isn't the soccer thread, we don't go on life this here. Your opinion is just that, an opinion, other lads have different opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I planned on getting Dasilva in for Bailey after gw2/3. Hopefully others will be distracted by other issues.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Plenty of confidence but not willing to throw money at it. I remember you from the old poker forum too back in the day and you were just as awkward back then. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm to mine, best of luck to you.

And likewise, I don't care if I'm wrong either, it's just my opinion after seeing him play as he seems a lot better than White.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I watched most of it. It was an odd game. City keeping the ball slow tippy tappy. West Ham terrified of being hit on the counter. Haaland hardly touched the ball until he won the penalty. If City go a little bit more direct with quicker ball it could get frightening, There were plenty of times Haaland was making a run and the ball was not played quick to him. Instead it went backwards or sideways. Once City change their mindset slightly Haaland could make the captaincy in FPL irrelevant. Like Ronaldo before he went to Real Madrid.

Haaland being on pens is crucial as well. It was what put me off going for him. Mahrez did not play today, but I assume Haaland has no notion of giving him penalties.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Zinchenko, Mitro and Haaland all potential risers tonight, Kane looks safe for a price drop (for now)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The Haaland score today makes the GW2 captaincy an interesting decision too.

Haaland is the new kid on the block, the main man in a brilliant attacking side coming off a 2 goal performance.

Salah is the 'old' reliable, the main man in a brilliant attacking side and coming off a goal & assist performance. Extra points for scoring as a midfielder.

I think a lot will be leaning towards Haaland, given he is playing Bournemouth. Owning & not captaining Haaland may cost you. A Salah haul could be even detrimental if Haaland blanks.

Going without Haaland now is dangerous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I could very easily be talked into the following -4 hit:

Bailey -> Kulusevski

Kane -> Darwin

I'm more concerned about Kane falling in price rather than anything else. It's pretty knee-jerky, but I have 1% trust in Bailey, and Darwin could be fun to own. Plus Kulu really was heavily overlooked by me and it could be a lottery for that Spurs front 3, so why not spread that wealth around?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane to Haaland done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Well if he's going up in price tonight, I guess I have to get Haaland in now.

Son out, Dasilva in.

Greenwood out, Haaland in.

Can't afford to hold off on Haaland. The extra 0.5 from Son will come in handy for upgrading GK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Perisic to Zinchenko. I’m just riding the price rises more than anything else. Spurs have a tough game vs Chelsea next week and Perisic was a gamble that didn’t pay off yesterday.

• Advertisement

Fplstatistics has funny looking graphs showing where the transfers go:

They're cool

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Very cool. It makes you wonder why so many are dumping Allison and Trent. Is it because they conceded 2 goals or is it because they have 3 Liverpool players already and want to get in Nunez/Salah.

Also, those Gazzaniga to Ward transfers are daft. Using your transfer for a back up keeper. Just wait until you wild card.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I agree that he looks better than White. I'm only talking about how things go.

I don't agree with it but it's commonplace that England internationals don't lose their spot very often unless things go real bad.

Even with other players who aren't England internationals it's often the case. A player gets into the team and it takes a lot for a young player to get games.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's a ridiculous comment. I'm not asking anybody to gamble relentlessly or chase their losses.

It's simply an offer.

And Bantee is around a long time and I'm pretty confident there's no gambling problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Anyone with Jesus tempted to pull a few strings and get Darwin in instead of him? From what I seen of his cameos in the community shield and at the weekend he looks like he's going to bag a shed load of goals this season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Until Darwin is a guaranteed starter, it would be hard to pick him over Haaland right now.

The 3 strikers formation could be an option now though, or even Haaland + Darwin (over Jesus).

I'll be running with a front three of Wilson, Darwin & Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Same. I started with Harry because he had a good pre season and looked sharp but I'd always intended to switch to Haaland, just not this early!

• Advertisement

I've certainly been looking at it but I'm holding off for another while for three main reasons (in no particular order);

• Upgrading GK is a more pressing issue
    • I'd have to sacrifice Robertson as I already have Trent and Salah
    • I really like Jesus and think he'll score plenty himself.

And all of that is even if Darwin was a guaranteed starter.

Advertisement