Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFG supporters on here disappearing

Options
  • 07-08-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭

This section of Board is a place for frank exchanges of views on serious and at-times controversial topics and what I am about to say covers that.

The current affairs section on Boards allows us to debate openly and honestly what is happening here in Ireland and also abroad.

So why has there been silence from the usual FFG supporters?

Is it because:

They been told to stop posting.

They realise their time is up as they have fooked up defending the indefensible?

Or is like never seeing Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent in the same room as Batman and Superman because they are the same person?

I know this thread will probably end up like a horny lads mickey and get pulled.

But before it does feel free to share your theories and views.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,414 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I didn't really notice they took a break but to be honest they were doing massive damage to their own party with some of the crazy arguments they came up with. Ludicrous arguments just to save face. Off the wall stuff a lot of the time. People can't be that blinkered and be credible.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Well ask yourself this, who keeps voting for them?

We'll see at next election.

I voted FG for the guts of 2 decades. Like a fool. I believed the spin. Not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

The people who know that SF will ruin us very quickly if they get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Never heard of this party. Are they akin to SFIRA?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement

i hope so and at least you have the balls to admit your folly.

Ruin us how?

We have a threadbare health service that is barely surviving and 2 housing crisis's. How can get it get any worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Have a look a few km up the road in NI. Not a pretty sight.

But they will only get in with either FF or fg as trying to do a deal with a dozen hues of leftist is impossible.

But the reason debate has gone is because you have the sinn fein cheerleaders go head first into any debate and post dozens of times a day thus stifling any semblance of actual debate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Yes housing and healthcare are in ICU. The hospice actually.

But never underestimate the capacity of the left to destroy everything in its effort to make everyone equally poor.

• Advertisement

I do look up North and nothing is happening because of the DUP but I do think SF could be doing a better job.

As for the SF cheerleaders stifling debate? What about the FFG supporters defending the indefensible and never admitting when they are wrong.

And never underestimate FFG to look after their buddies/cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twenty times, shame on me

People will vote FFG so long as house prices go up, even if that means their kids have to emigrate and billions go on the national debt each time it explodes.

FFG let us help you throw your kids under the bus party, and let us make it too expensive to have kids party, you can have a labrador instead party, hey let's bring loads of people into the country party without a plan party, big pat on the head party, here have our fish party, hey have a 3 billion hospital party when you could have had one in a better location for a lot less money party, the PUP party, the put it on the long finger party, politically correct, kick the can down the road party, the I'm all right jack party,

The 24+ hour wait in the ER, most expensive health system per capita or close too party

Oh, look at the flag party, dancing at the crossroads party. Nation once again blah blah party

Yada yada yada

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Posters probably just gave up after things like this.

Adding to this homophobic posters setting up accounts using the Tánaiste's partner name posting all day against Leo don't contribute to discussion.

Also your own use of FFG does not add much in fairness then throwing out the usual tiresome lines of cronies etc.

The current government thread is just a whingefest of lazy tweets and satire from the great Dr Harold. Hope this might explain why posters do not want to engage.

If I can't call them FFG what do I call them?

As for homophobia I only saw that been thrown by FFG supporters to distract from the topic in hand.

The sock puppets was a disgrace and I am sure it was on both sides and least not forget Eoghan Harris.

If you don't like satire then there is no hope. Why not wait and see the satire on SF when they lead the country.

If I can't call them FFG what do I call them?

FF and FG they are two separate parties. Fairly simple.

As for homophobia I only saw that been thrown by FFG supporters to distract from the topic in hand.

No issue with that Matt Barret account posting day and night against the then Taoiseach?

The sock puppets was a disgrace and I am sure it was on both sides and least not forget Eoghan Harris.

Both sides? When did Eoghan Harris have an account on here?

If you don't like satire then there is no hope. Why not wait and see the satire on SF when they lead the country.

What does Dr Harold Twitter posts add to a political discussion and make other posters want to engage?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

What I found intriguing was 4 prominent individuals where named in a post in a thread very recently, not highlighted, just named in a post and all renowned for deflection tactics, two suspiciously quite over the past few days and one I actually caught out researching me on twitter, it was astonishing, caught hook line and sinker and all documented on a Thread , I was amazed not to have been the only person to be aware of these inviduals.

I've been on Boards 12 years , one account , nothing to hide and have endured an astonishing campaign by one individual, constant attempts at baiting which continued after warnings from Mods.

Something happened recently which I won't discuss as it would be unfair, but I wondered is it time to give up on Boards. Shocking insults, accusations, even mental health wasn't low enough. Outrageous accusations of racism, xenophobia & misogyny, completely ignored.

I've enjoyed Boards for a long time, it was a great source of info and discussion throughout the Pandemic & not covid related, I offered help were I could, took advice when offered , got to know some great people actually, all as Disgusted as I at what's being going on.

I've commended Mods on many occasions, understand fully the difficulty job they have and I believe have always been respectful towards them. I've received warnings like many and I've been guilty of over stepping the mark and have freely admitted same and apologised. But some decisions extraordinary .

This said a very disturbing trend has developed of late , disappearing posts , a small cohort who's only intent is to deflect loosing the run of themselves, so bad it got , I actually screen shot posts from a number of individuals who despite me ignoring them, persist in attempts at baiting, so obvious is the shenanigans, it's actually embarrassing.

Boards is a private forum and I was astonished at how it was described recently in the help desk/ feedback forum & not from account holders.

I have drastically reduced my participation, primarily because of the harassment & hounding, will I stay much longer 🤔 , not sure but when debate and discussion is stifled by a small element , I'm left to wonder what's the point of it all .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dr Harold's Tweets add a bit of satire to sometime fractious debate , no conspiracy, just a bit of humor , enjoyed by thousands who follow him , he's equally cutting of celebrities, personalities, British politicians and Irish politicians.

No other Threads seem so offended by links to his tweets , some fools believe him to be anti FFG ,it's clearly a parody, fake news ,humour account .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

“Debate openly and honestly “

are you sure you didn’t mean to post in After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Unemployment is at 4.2%. The exchequer is in surplus which the prerequisite to doing anything.

These will of course be reversed if SF get in. The dole queues will return. There will be less investment. People with money will start to leave as they face higher taxes so there will be less to fund SF promises...etc etc

It's a pretty bleak outlook.

One poster above says things can't get worse.

They can get A LOT worse.

The biggest issue is that there is no party looking after workers.

SF will be taking more of your money and giving it out in more social welfare and other benefits while the money lasts.

They are not the answer to the huge problems for the low to middle income earners.

FG are supposed to be that party but have allowed themselves to be pushed away from looking after the over burdened middle.

• Advertisement

There is a thread dedicated for that already on the site. Why not dump it there? It adds nothing to political discussion which its decline is the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Irelandsnumberone

Are you now a mod telling posters where they can and cannot post things?

No I am not. I just asked the poster why they could not use the thread dedicated for political satire to maybe use it as their dumping ground.

Did you see anywhere in my post where I directed or instructed a poster to do something?

Your an individual I certainly won't be engaging with. But before I leave you at your usual nonsense, are you seriously suggesting a bit of political humor is not permitted on political or current affairs threads 🤔, bring your outrage to Mods who've not expressed any Displeasure at Dr Harold's tweets being linked , you may wish to be a back seat Moderator but it means nothing to me I'm afraid and I'll take no lectures from you on what I can and can't post.

I just made a friendly suggestion.

Do you understand the thread you are posting in is asking why posters don't bother engaging in debate anymore.

I am giving my opinion and reasons why so I think it's only right to mention the satire dumps which are more suitable for the correct thread.

The reason no debate takes place as the shambles this Govt are even the diehards cant stomach defending the indefensible anymore

I'm well aware of your friendly suggestions & indeed the Threads topic , I'm equally aware of the individuals who offer nothing but deflection and behave in a quite extraordinary manner, especially over the past few months. Very little if any defence of FFG or their policies zero substance, just deflection.

I've made my contribution and have nothing more to add .

I gave my opinions you are free to debate or discuss them if you want. Dumping political satire Tweets from some random Dr Harold is not discussion it's the exact opposite.

Any opinion on all the bot accounts? The homophobic posters etc. that I raised?

I thought Leo didn't go ahead with the bot accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What do you want the government to do for you?

One thing about these threads is that posters will moan about everything but will never spell out exactly what they want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement