Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

No yellow grass here in Donegal that's for sure, Monday to Wednesday were a write off ,too wet to cut any grass , Showery on Thursday but yesterday was dry but very blustery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Managed to cut the grass yesterday the ground has been too wet. Complete cloud cover this morning. Yesterday we had a few sunny spells but the cloud is nearly ever-present.

To be honest August never fails to dissapoint. But the forecast looks good for next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

August has been decent enough here in Meath so far which makes a big change. The first week of August has been mostly warm and dry with some sunny spells. Very sunny currently and feeling warm. Should get to 22C here today and low to mid twenties over the next 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Weather Advisory for Ireland

Ireland will experience a hot spell developing from Wednesday and continuing through the rest of the week and the weekend. Daytime temperatures will widely reach the mid to high twenties. Remaining uncomfortably warm overnight too. Updates will follow.

Impacts:

• Heat stress, especially for the more vulnerable of the population

• High Solar UV index

• Risk of water related incidents

Valid: 11:25 Sunday 07/08/2022 to 00:00 Monday 15/08/2022

Issued: 11:25 Sunday 07/08/2022

Updated: 12:25 Sunday 07/08/2022

Away at that moment and haven’t looked at any charts. Any chance of 30c being exceeded?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Sitting on a plane heading off for.....8 days. You're welcome😂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Weather for next week for my area according to iPhone - and I’m on hols at the moment…sweet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cloudy now after a lovely sunny start this morning. Hopefully the cloud will break up again later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I'm not a huge summer fan but late summer I quite like. When the weather is decent in August it can feel very pleasant. I like that late summer feel to things. The sun isn't quite as strong, so I don't mind hot spells as much in August compared to June and July not that there has been many recently in August .Once it doesn't last too long or have weeks of above average temperatures lasting well into September . I always look forward to autumn ( if its at least relatively a seasonal one unlike last year).

Today marks the halfway point between the solstice and autumn equinox. Lughnasadh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Stunning day in East Cork 😍 very warm and sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭adocholiday

It has been really nice here in Wicklow since Wednesday and it's glorious here today in particular. Great to see a nice start to August and a good week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What a day! A few photos from Horgans Quay in Cork City - always looks fab in the sunshine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Up in the north west at the moment, pleasant day but can certainly feel the chill in comparison to having been in the east. Was 22 degrees when I left Dublin and 18 when I hit the west

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Wind doesn't switch to South/East until lunchtime tomorrow. Once it does we are in for a great week as wind is to die back completely.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great day in Kerry and continues to be a lovely bright evening, got up to 22.2C and currently 18.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭snowgal

Beautiful evening in Trim! Lovely warmth in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Felt warmer in Cork today than the 22 degrees. Lots of heat in the sun. Glorious day. Looking forward to the week ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

It takes a lot for me to change travel plans but I'm so beguiled by this wonderful looking week that I've postponed going to Spain from Monday to Friday.And will be reluctant to leave on Friday. My relationship with Ireland could be summed up as like the lure of the charming bad boy. Generally he pisses you off with his bad behaviour but then lures you back in with sunshine charm. Well bad boy Ireland has lured me back with sunshine charm this week and in typical bad boy syndrome I'll be feeling all cheated once the rain comes back 😁 Interestingly this is the second year in a row that I've postponed a return to Spain over an Irish heat wave. In the 20 years since I've bought the appartment there that that has never before happened, and in all the years it's been rare that I've missed a good spell in summer so rare are the good spells. But now this two years in a row so no doubting climate change. But no complaints from me 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lovely evening in Kerry, 15.6C

Pic a few mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Great 3 days for the Fleadh in Mullingar

sun is out, crowds are out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Glorious day here today in Cork City.. so sunny but no unbearable heat and beautiful blue skies.. (unlike the muggy heat and grey skies we had a month ago).. spent the whole day in the park by the river with my loved one.. divine.. didn't wanna be anywer else..

Anyone know what temp it was here in Cork City? I forgot to take note..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

This is already one of best August in NCD that I can remember and we still have the 'heatwave' week to come.

Just so much glorious sunshine.

August is usually dull, wet and cold in these parts for donkey's years.

August has been wonderful here in Meath too, we already had 25C on Tuesday and several days of 20 or 21C. Plenty of sunshine here over the past 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

Honestly i think everyone must be commenting from the east of Ireland. Here in the westerly tip of Ireland we didn't get any heatwave. Most days were cloudy and Maxing at 18 degrees. A strong sea breeze during May and June, vegetables that were thriving last year are struggling to grow . Last Monday for example was a washout ,did not stop raining all day long Literally! Im definitely hoping this forecast has something special for us ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Moonstruck unfortunately it does seem to be a tale of two half's this summer.

Monday is a good example to show contrast, between east and rest of country. It was glorious here in NCD until 2pm loads of sunshine.

I was out walking and it was swelting and everyone in shorts, tshirts dresses etc.

I did feel sorry for people only arriving in park at that time with their picnics as I knew the rain was coming.

The rain did hit but it wasn't as much as forecast elsewhere, in fact we had more last Saturday which was our bad day.

This summer has been the Worst in the west for the last few years. There has been no heat and as i said a cool breeze in early part of summer. we have plenty of green grass and weeds growing! last Monday was an absolute monsoon here , heavy rain all day. would make you feel like packing up and getting on next plane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Location??? It would be really handy if people could say where they are, when posting - thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭acequion

The East coasters are waxing lyrical but they're at that every year.🙄 While weather is much better there than over West and South West it's still Irish weather. Here in Kerry the summer has been average at best. Loads of rain and drizzle, loads of cloud, a cold June. Been reasonably warm the past fortnight which is something. But most nights I've given the house a shot of heat. There have been way worse summers, been better ones too, and it's nice to be getting this promised week in August. But I'll reserve judgement on this summer overall til much later. In fact the best month here in Kerry is often September, technically not summer but still! So if we get a better than usual August but a poor September how will we rate it all then? Swings and roundabouts I guess. Anyway let's hope this week delivers countrywide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nice couple of days in North Donegal.

Really looking forward to the coming week. Don't be giving me talk of hosepipe bans etc, it's been pretty wet here late July/ early August so I'll take drought like conditions for a week.

Advertisement