Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 moslo

The estate resident's association that tells us that we shouldn't park up on the verge or part of the footpath while simultaneously telling us we shouldn't park in a way that blocks or impedes emergency vehicle access, however if everyone parked purely on the street it would definitely impede emergency vehicle access.

Someone in the next estate decided to fire off fireworks at 2 a.m. Myself and the dog were not amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

You should go around and see if any of them park on the verge or impeding emergency services.

Dunnes had loads of Halloween decorations for sale during the week, it's just way too early imo and everyone that saw them seemed to think the same, it ruins every occasion these days as the stuff is on sale months too early, 4 weeks would be plenty of time and make it more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I know I've said this before but it really does drive me to distraction: people who stand on the bus when there are plenty of seats. And they always congregate in the middle meaning that people who want to actually sit in the seats can't get past them, and they block the exit doors. Just fcuking sit down!

• Advertisement

Monday. The hamster wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Tags on clothes. Why are these (a) made out of kevlar and (b) positioned just so they take chunks out of your skin every time you move?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,297 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve complained before about a neighbour doing DIY until crazy late at night / morning … now people the other side are getting some work done and at 7.50 the cacophony of a skip being delivered and unloaded and since 8.20am, stuff that sounds like metal being dragged out along the pathway and launched into the skip….

sounds like they are gutting the property..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Tkmaxx had them in about a month ago.....I thought it was last year's stock they didn't shift until I saw an advertisement saying new holloween treats now in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My TA for today is Ronseal 5 year fence life.

Ronseal must be using a similar scale to the human years to dog years one but in Ronseal's case it's one human year to 5 Ronseal fence life years.

I'm sure I treated the fence last summer and I did it today again 😵‍💫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I woke up this morning with a hive on the top of my foot. It is incredibly itchy.

… im sat outside the pub having a coke after doing some exercise. A food delivery guy arrives, he’s waiting for about 12 - 15 minutes for someone to come from one of the apartments to collect their food. On his phone presumably txting and calling so he can be on his way…Eventually said person arrives , hurriedly pays him in a rather impatient, rude and bothered fashion and as they take the paper carrier bag from the delivery chap, the bag breaks, presumably because of the condensation and dampness that has accrued during the seemingly endless wait, and food goes all over the pathway.

despite a bin being about a 10 second walk away the client just leaves the heap of food which they dropped on the pathway and after a brief conversation with the delivery fellow, walks away, this is on private property btw, just a heap of rice, chips, …. Sauces, prawn crackers, chicken, beef and whatever else….The delivery chap is less then impressed but goes on his way, maybe to get a replacement order, I dunno….some people…

Seeing once very open minded and tolerant feminists' turning into man hating bunny boilers. I swear some of them would have men castrated and on leashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I absolutely hate seeing Christmas's lights, reindeers, Santa's and such on buildings all year round with the lights turned off, but you can still see the damn things in august... Take the frigging things down when the season is over, they look awful tacky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was standing in a queue to use one of the (two) coffee machines in my local shop and some entitled prick decided to use both of them for two cups at the same time.

Special kind of hell for people like that. Go around to the back of the queue if you want another one. We all have places to be as well, you know.

Common decency, like.

He looks like the kind of wânk that would bring a trolly full of groceries to the check out and deny anyone with a single item to go in front because "I was here first"

Looks like a Bluetooth earphone type of **** as well.

Ever see that scene in Breaking Bad where Walt rigs a stuck up A-hole's car to blow up at a petrol station? This guy deserves that.

Well that escalated quickly 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Worst thing about the summer in housing estates. People doing jobs that take ages because they start something and then the weather gets good so all they are able to do is sit in the garden smoking and drinking until they summon up the will to finish the job when the weather gets worse.

Renter next door seems to like a boogie around her kitchen every day at the same time as she plays **** music at loud volumes with the windows open.

I sometimes feel like James Stewart in Rear Window observing things from my desk as I work from home.

No anti social behaviour in my neighbourhood though thankfully!

Also: garden mirrors. What is the point of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

At Christmas time I can't stand Xmas music being pumped out onto the street from loudspeakers. It's basically being forcefully inflicted on the public without their consent. Whoever thought that was a good idea is as dumb as a stump.

Wonder if we live near each other, because thats been going on here too , morons.

Know the feeling, we get short term hospital rentals near by and they can be colourful. Ones in now pished, talking scribble and singing till after midnight. Can't get away from it when they talk loudly and pretty much under the windows. There should be a ban on playing music outdoors especially with the level of shite that's about today.

The garden mirrors in this weather is not a good idea. Keep the hose handy if any local ones cause a fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭pgj2015

People who only use their card to pay for things.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The worst kind of c*nts.

I love when the bus driver shouts at them to stand upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What should be a one stop shop for raising welfare concerns has turned into a convoluted mess that has devolved into three separate complaints, to three separate organisations with no one seeming to fully know the different processes involved and those that do (the people who are being complained about!) deliberately withholding information and obfuscating to cover their own holes. And not one single body will act immediately when confronted with allegations of neglect in an institution. The onus is on the complainant to get things done and that's on an individual, case by case basis. So person A has got a clued in, determined relative or friend with the time to dedicate to unravelling the complaints procedures and person b has no such person, or worse, no one at all, so their neglect can continue 'cos no one knows about and can't alert anyone to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The bigger scandal is that that's no doubt entirely deliberate.

Ring Joe Duffy and let rip. I know that suggestion is often used sarcastically but name and shame and don't let yourself be silenced.

It had crossed my mind. The trouble with that is HSE won't ever comment on an individual case and I'm worried it could effect my formal complaint. Which is why I intend to submit the misinformation/obfuscation part of my complaint to the Ombudsman and everything is being done by writing so I can forward all responses on. I'm more inclined to contact a journalist and see what they can reveal about who should know what and what they are obliged to reveal unprompted. I mean, me Dad's alright now, so from my point of view his issue is resolved. Of course, that is what they are banking on, that I'll drop it now and go away. Even had a Public Health Nurse tell me that as he's clean and properly medicated now, what's the problem?! I'm doing this now for all the other vulnerable souls who have no one. Its just that it's snowballing. Each official contact I make reveals yet another layer of misinformation and confusion. What gives and when?

Anyway, a "Safeguarding Complaint" has been submitted and relevant Social Workers advised. Blood out of a stone doesn't even come close, but I got there in the end. One down, two (I hope!) to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,935 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

"He's clean and properly medicated now", what an appalling attitude. He should have been clean and properly medicated throughout his time in care FFS!

Do you have any useful TDs or councillors in the area?

I hope you have the patience to pursue this, I'd even consider suing the fcukers so they're held accountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭snowgal

Flies falling in my wine on an evening like this! F#ck off!!

It's a disgusting attitude and at its heart implies that they know that fella in the opposite bed is probably filthy and possibly not getting his appropriate medication and they just don't give a sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

People getting in to the water for a swim with sunglasses on. Why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement