Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You can do the 3 year top up trick and then convert to the family plan the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

When this comes to Turkey could be a game changer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone playing the game preview of Turbo Golf Racing?

It's pretty fun! Huge Rocket League vibes. You basically have rocket powered cars to guide your golf ball down a golf course and into the pin.

You play against up to 7 others, but they are all just ghosts on the course, they can't affect you or your ball.

Played it last night and tonight for a few hours ago. I love RL, so this was easy to enjoy also 🙂👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

played the beta they had a few months back. enjoyed it but felt it was lacking long term. I play a lot of Rocket League prob one of the games I play the most. I think with Turbo Golf if they keep adding to it and different modes etc it will be good, but if it is still lacking it will die off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I never dipped into the beta myself, so can't compare. But yeah Rocket League is probably 1 or 2 in my most played games at the moment too.

It wasn't always the case though. From launch until 2020 it was a novelty I dipped into every now and then. But since they added seasons and it gives you something to do, I've been playing every Thurs, Fri and Sat for about 4 to 6 hours at a time haha (i still suck compared to pro's obviously).

That's something that Turbo Golf Racing needs to get right from the start, you are right. Not sure if it was there in the beta, but there's technically a season 1 going on in the game preview right now! Getting the new items as you level up is really fun near the start of a game, cos you've usually just a bare bones setup and anything new helps! They'll probably get a few seasons in by the time the preview is up (meant to be 12 months), but then they might have a huge reset before it goes gold, you never know!

I spotted that True Achievements have given the preview a glowing write up, despite the lack of achievements 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

yeah I had it on PS4 back in like 2017 but never really played it. Only started really getting into RL when it got added to gamepass and myself and mate played it a lot kinda still do. we are better than when we started.

tried Turbo Golf yesterday, it runs a lot smoother than the beta but still cant see my self playing more than 3-4 games at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Cooking Simulator looks like it could be another time sink, I'll find it hard to tear myself away from Two Point Campus though. So addictive, just finished 3 starring the first 3 colleges and opening a knight school now 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Cooking Sim defo isn't for me, there is zero fun or zen to it like Powerwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

I assume they'll be Xbox family boards starting ?

My sub is up soon and can't justify full price for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

My most recent month of Ultimate just went through. If there's enough interested parties between now and the 9th of September to run a full group, then I'll convert.

Obviously remember the small print, only Irish accounts work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cooking Sumulator is not a dad game. It's bot stress free. You actually have to do things. And that wouldn't be so bad if the movement, specifically the turning, wasn't so god damn slow. Even turned up its slow. Game was not designed for a controller, feels more like VR converted.

Two Point Campus is pretty good fun, but I don't know if it'll hold my interest for long. Lots to it, and I'm only at the start.

Mine isnt out until end of November but let me know if you are short of numbers

Is it still cheaper to do the Turkish route at the moment rather than chip in together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think you have the wrong thread. sounds like Netflix you are talking about?

No, I bought my gamepass in Turkey, saved a packet when compared to irish rates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Didn't know that. I just stacked the 12 month Xbox live two or three times and the first time with a €1 and second time with a month Game pass Ultimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Threw on FH5 for a small bit, decided I wanted to try Motorsport instead. Quickly found out that is not an option for me, not even to buy. Crazy stuff.

Yeah, the car rights have expired so it is no longer available on Game Pass or for purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Doh, just bought that a few months ago, for about 15 quid physical. I enjoyed it a lot except for the last boss fight which goes on and on. My Xbox Series X actually crashed on that level! Rebooted and replayed with auto aim just to get it over and done with.

Make sure it's running on 60 FPS mode on Series consoles.

By coincidence been playing a few hours of AC Origins on GamePass. It looks beautiful on OLED HDR.

Not sure I'm going to grind through it after grinding through Odyssey. Combat seems to have more weight. Already a few different things to Odyssey I notice like a quick firing bow.

(edit) don't think I'll grind though this. Really don't have the time. Will pop in and out and unveil some of the interesting stuff.

I love the Egyptian setting so far and Bayak is very well realised.

• Advertisement

Available Today

Coffee Talk (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox

Coming Soon

Midnight Fight Express (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – August 23

Exapunks (PC) ID@Xbox – August 25

Opus: Echo of Starsong – Full Bloom Edition (Console and PC) – August 25

Commandos 3 – HD Remaster (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 30

Immortality (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S) ID@Xbox – August 30

Immortals Fenyx Rising (Cloud, Console, and PC) – August 30

Tinykin (Console and PC) ID@Xbox – August 30

Leaving August 31

Elite Dangerous (Cloud and Console)

Hades (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Myst (Cloud, Console, and PC)

NBA 2K22 (Cloud and Console)

Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Spiritfarer (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Twelve Minutes (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Two Point Hospital (Cloud, Console, and PC)

What Remains of Edith Finch (Cloud, Console, and PC)

World War Z (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Looks like Death Stranding will be coming to PC Game Pass.

This is only possible as unlike the other Sony owned games released on PC this was published by 505 Games. Still odd to see a Sony owned IP appear on Microsoft's subscription service, while MLB: The Show is made by Sony they don't own the IP.

The multi-user subscription is coming out of Insiders with a new name: Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family. My Xbox app is now advertising it to me.

Same restrictions though: all users must be in the same country, specifically in the country of the person paying for the subscription.

Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family:

Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family allows up to five individuals – one “primary account holder” (responsible for subscription fees) and four “group members” – to get the benefits of Game Pass Ultimate (exceptions may apply). Primary account holder’s existing Xbox and EA memberships will be converted to Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family.

Adding/Removing Group Members: The primary account holder may add/remove group members. An account can have the primary account holder plus up to 4 group members at a time. A maximum of 8 group members in total can be added within a single year.

*All group members must be in the same country/region as the primary account holder and will be automatically removed from the group if they change their country/region.

Removed group members will lose access to their Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family benefits. Limit one Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family group per person/account at a time and one switch between Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family groups per year. Some individuals cannot be added to a group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm very that Grid Legends was added a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I wonder is this strictly adhered to? Like if someone is in the UK for example and the person paying the subscription is in Ireland can the UK person just set their location to Ireland and would that work. Similar to how people sometimes set location to New Zealand to play games early?

No idea, but with the low limits to number of people that can join a group in a year (8), and number of groups one can join in a year (2)... I wouldn't want to be trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Would be keen to join a group as well. I have an Irish account

• Advertisement

Advertisement