Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Phoenix park the warmest location in Ireland again yesterday at 23.3 degrees. The phoenix park has definitely been the place to be this Summer! I think they have topped the temperature list on majority of days this summer. In previous summers it was the likes of Shannon, Mount Dillon or Oak Park. I make that only 7 or 8 days in the past 40 days where the temperature has not exceeded 20 degrees in Dublin and about 5 of those the temp was around 19-19.5 degrees. Pretty impressive numbers since 1st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another stunning morning in Dublin, this is the life😎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Indeed same here in SCD. If only I was off work this week instead of next week. But who knows next week might not be that bad just cooler (briefly).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Recent fog near Ardagh Longford is lifting and breaking up now. Otherwise calm and plenty of high level cloud so sunshine may be hazy much of the time here although that was forecast for today. Hope to be hear later in the week when the temperatures rise decently and a sea breeze will be unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gorgeous start to the day. Only downer is I'm working this week 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fairly low grass minima in some parts overnight.

Air minima

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I’m hearing the Aurora was visible up there last night.

20.8c now

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glightning

One thing that shocked me on my hols in Majorca a few weeks back was how people from Southern England were arriving with a full deep bronzed tan at the start of their holiday! Irish people in the hotel were milk bottles on arrival! Just goes to show how good the summer has been in parts of England this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

We've had a run of cool nights across southern Laois with air minima around 5c and 6c with Gmins between 1c and 3c. Pity anyone tenting out over the last few nights. Soil temps are holding up around 16c to 17c though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

southern and eastern England has had an unbelieveable summer, not just warm to very warm all the time but bags of sunshine too since June. The rest of England and Wales not so much, closer to Ireland with a very decent summer but just like Ireland rainfall has been just about enough to keep the grass free from total drought conditions and less in the way of sunshine compared to southern and eastern England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo has been cold most of the Summer but rain is low. June was normal rain July about 70 per cent and August while above normal mostly from last Mondays rainfall. Could still finish above normal but will likely depend on how wet week 3 gets. Could be a washout that week but also could miss out or be less. Also as others have said week 4 looks like a high pressure reload.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hairypoppins

Meanwhile it's been very warm to hot here in Dublin the last 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thick mist this morning rolling off the lochs. Cool as well. This was at about 6.30am.

Cloudy at the moment with brief spells of sun.

Co. Leitrim

Good spells of sunshine across southern Laois and temperatures approaching 22c, the western sky looks more congested with cloud than the south and east of here. Winds are near calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another cracking day here in Dublin 8....blue skies and a lovely heat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunner of a day in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Class day in Galway. Hot and sunny.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

The sun followed me from Dublin to Donegal. What a beautiful place Donegal is on a sunny day, magical stuff under a blue sky

Sunny morning in Sligo but cloudy now. No mention of cloud on Met Website . Yet on Satellite lots coming to Northwest. Is that going to ruin things here?

Cue updated forecast. Cloudier in the far Northwest.

Seems to be just a bit of inland convection around Sligo city area and Westport too.

In the south and southeast - Wexford, Waterford and east Cork - you can see the sea breeze effect keeping a 10 mile strip clear around the coast as convection builds there.

• Advertisement

Yeah stupid convection. Seems to come a lot of days over Sligo town and not North or South of it. It's happened 3 of the past 4 days. Does the convection build around Knocknarea and spill over the town to the East. There's definitely some impact from the mountain.

Oak park and Dublin Airport / Phoenix park leading the way so far today on 23 degrees. Will be interesting to see how high we go across the country later in the week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Looking increasingly like Sunday will be the end of this warm to hot spell with much cooler and fresher conditions across the country from Monday morning. Next week could be a shock to the system with temperatures struggling in the mid teens for the first time since early June.

Post edited by Gonzo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

All the "parks" on 24c at 15:00hrs: http://archive.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Oak Park, Moore Park and Phoenix Park!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Quite a northerly nip in the air last night on the coast. Today in Waterford it's Hot. Lot of heat in the sun and seems to feel hotter than the 28 degrees we got in July. Maybe it's because the sweat is not evaporating as quickly, either way have had to come in out of the garden it's just uncomfortable at the moment.

Cloudy now in Belmullet Malin Head and Sligo. But this cloud doesn't exist on Met Eireann forecast so must be imagining it.

this is where they update the temps every hour obi604

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

It feels so hot all day here in NCD.

Blue skies all day and lack of breeze means that you can only last so long in it before you need to find a bit of shade!

I know its saying about 23 or 24 but it feels like about 28 or 29 to me.

Where is my cocktail and swimming pool to relax by!

• Advertisement

In Strandhill just there. Very black clouds and chilly. Came back to Sligo and still cloudy but brighter clouds. Hasn't been any real sun since this morning. 18c currently but not going to beach as it looks like it could rain there with the black contrary to what Met Eireanns "fair cloud" forecast says. I think they are manipulated by the media and are afraid to mention cloud or even worse drizzle in case they get it in the neck for saying there's a heatwave coming.

Granted tomorrow might be sunnier but you shouldn't exclude "cloudier in the far Northwest from your weather forecast" to please RTE.

Advertisement