Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread, all aboard the Mitro express

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I already have Haaland up front with Jesus. I've also 0.5m left over so I tempted to make a change somewhere else to make the room for Nunez. After how poor Liverpool and Firminho in particular were, I can't see anything else but Nunez starting on Monday against Palace!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Going Kane to Nunez to have a front 3 of Haaland Nunez Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I haven't brought him in but the player I'd be most interested in, outside of Mitro, is Kulusevski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah I'd be thinking that Nunez should be starting that game too, and future games too. But I just have that doubt in the back of my mind that be won't be nailed just yet. Especially with Jota still to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Going to bank as planned I think.

The double Leicester keepers thing sounded like a trap, looks like a trap and if it could walk I suspect it would walk like a trap also.

Not worth wasting transfers on though I think atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Thinking Son to KDB for Bournemouth game.

I think this season might be about jumping from premium to premium for the right fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I would guess that they realise that Allison might not be worth the extra 0.5m over other keepers like Mendy - though I don't know why they wouldn't have thought that before hand, and that coupled with probably wanting to get in Nunez and trying to find some funds. I know I got ridiculed last season about my views on TAA, but for as good as he was he only ended up the season 7 points better than Cancelo, despite costing 1.5m more - again perhaps to raise money for Nunez, people feel that maybe TAA isn't worth the extra money.

Why would you bother upgrading a GK - assuming you have the two Leicester lads, at 4.0m they are probably achieving more than anyone would have thought at the start of the season. Ward will probably keep some clean sheets at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Ffs missed the Kane drop and Haaland rise.

Was going to do a straight swap. Might hold off and see if Kane impresses against Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

How is it a trap if the .5 used elsewhere and wisely could mean more points? FPL is not about one player but the knock on effect of a combination of players in one FPL team.

If it makes you feel any better Magnus Karlsson (Chess grandmaster) has gone for Double Leicester keepers.

Meanwhile myself (decent at draughts) has not.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Many thinking of taking a -4 to get Haaland in for Kane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've gone KDB -> Haaland for a -4, I said it somewhere else but I think all City mids just become feeders for Haaland to score goals

Hopped on the Perisic -> Zinchenko bandwagon. Zinchenko was brilliant on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The way City played with their inverted full backs as midfielders and wide forwards playing as wing backs has me thinking that Walker might actually be a better choice than Dias in the long run. He is gonna hoover up bps with all the passing and interceptions etc. He might not get any goals or assists though. But basically the same amount of CS, for 1.0 cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Not necessarily, there were a lot of passes between Dias and Ake and goalkeeper and one of the mids on their own half that led them to the bonus points. It was boring to watch, but Walker was nowhere near their amount of passes unfortunately.

As long as he plays he's good option with clean sheets potential. But based on past game I wouldn't count on bonus points at all.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I started with Kulu but will he keep his place? He was Spurs’ best player at the weekend but where does he fit in when Richarlison comes back from injury?

He's not injured - he was suspended for the first game. It will be interesting to see where he plays after forking out 60m, he's not the type of player that will be happy on the bench. Could we see the 4 of them rotating with 3 of them starting most games, Moura is there too, in the same was Liverpool will rotate their players. Kane is notorious for picking up injuries to keep him out for periods of time so there is that element as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,900 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My view is the front four will be

--------------------Kane---------------

Richarlison-----Son-----Kulusevski

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Got the Kane to Haaland in before the price change, going to captain him too I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Darwin is the next player due a rise.

My gut is that long term Darwin + 4m is going to be the better play than owning Salah. Basically means Bailey can become Foden in my starting 11 for this weekend and Darwin takes Salah’s place.

Haaland will cover a lot of captaincy, as well as options from other teams and you would still have TAA or Darwin for Liverpool.

Even though it might be the right play I don’t know if I can take a -4 to sell Salah after a 12 point opener with Liverpools good fixtures to come - thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Why would you sell Salah? That's mad talk man 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not for me Clive. Salah has been the best player in the game the last 5 seasons. Darwin has been really good in 2 cameos.

I’d contemplate getting Darwin in as the 3rd Liverpool if funds allowed but no way I would sell Salah to afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

He has been the best player and is likely to score about 250 points but even still unless you are captaining him I don't know if it provides value versus two mid price assets. Salah at 13.0 plus a 5.5 midfielder is 18.5 of your budget. Darwin and Foden/Kulu/Saka/Mount is only 17m.

I agree we haven't seen enough of Darwin to be sure but its not like he's an unknown quantity -26 goals in Portugal and 6 goals in 10 games in Champs League last year. One factor that might put me off is that Jota will come back into the picture so I do accept that will complicate things.

I don't think I'll have the balls to make the change this week and I would like to see more in case Salah will remain the far superior asset but if Darwin starts Monday and is as equally involved as Salah I'll be very tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't see it as a move that there's any big rush to make. Keep it in mind and go for it in a GW or two if it solidifies as a really good move. The upside from doing it a week or two early isn't very big.

Kulusevski has been arguably the best player in the league since he arrived in January. There is zero chance he's losing out to Richarlison.

I agree with the others - it's madness taking Salah out - he's been consistent for so long. You pay a premium for the consistency of his returns. Is Mount going to be consistent? - last season he did very little - got 24 points in one game and that was about it. Are Foden/Saka going to score much this season - both clubs now have a striker who they will be feeding goals to. I've never been sold on Foden, sure he's a good footballer but would the hype be there if he wasn't English? You could justify selling TAA given the defensive options and it's less likely to sting compared to Salah.

Looking at the options this year - I wonder could we see a successful punt on light in defense or midfield and strong 3 fold attack. Sure Cancelo will outscore Walker this year - but is Cancelo worth 2m more? How many points more does he need to get for that to be a success? Similarly TAA v VVD - that 1m could be use elsewhere - you'll still have a strong defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I saw somewhere that for the last like four seasons BATB only became a thing after GW8 when things settled down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Did Kane to Haaland before the price rise Sunday evening.

Annoying to start off on the wrong side of the Kane/Haaland decision but it is what it is.

Will have 11 players at home this week so inevitably will be a poor week! :D

Advertisement