Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MiSTer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

One comment on the Irken Labs Jamma Expander, it has no spare USB slot, meaning i have to run an ethernet cable to update it or take it out of the cab.

Bit of a pain but its only a 2 meter run for me and might be trickier for others.

With the other DE10 unit i have the USB breakout board and a wifi dongle which makes this way easier.

Just my 2c in case you need it.

I did price the MiSTercade again today and its $315 before customs, oof

@CathalDublin If the game didnt originally have freeplay then the MiSTer generally doesnt have it.

Also a lot of people have a bluetooth keyboard for pressing F12, F11 for menu access etc.

The IrkenLabs has RIGHT and START mapped by default for that, UP/DOWN and START for volume which is handy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Seems like a bit of a oversight - you would expect there to be one for a USB wifi dongle for updates rather than needing wired ethernet or pulling the SDCard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No USB bridge on that jamma expander board, but you could use USB OTG hub instead on USB cable supplied. Messier but should avoid the need to open the cab on a regular basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Cheers, I think I'm going to pickup an IrkenLabs when his online store open again, I can see past the USB, I'll just stick a spare powerline ethernet adapter inside the cab, no one will be any the wiser but my pet peeve is keyboards hanging from cabinets, I can't see past that one 🤐

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭eddhorse

No bother i got stung by customs on that one for €70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any update on anyone's Mouser DE10 order? We're almost two weeks passed the 29th now and no update from them at all.

Just fired off an email to see what's up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Inviere

Nope, not a tap. I'm not at all pushed as I've no way to use it yet, but still, some customer service updates would be nice.

Master of the Universe

It's driving me mental now as I've invested quite a bit in prepping my SNK cabinet for fighting games and have been waiting for what feels like an eternity.

Had that custom SNK 12 button control panel made up back in early January, paid import tax, got the kick harness all wired up so it's 100% just waiting for something to connect it to.

Bought the MiSTercade in February.

Got bored waiting so set up a micro SD with a load of cores ready to go.

I actually still haven't bought the additional RAM for it but wanted to wait until I had it in my hands before dropping more money down the pit!

I asked on the Mouser help chat thingy a few days ago, they suggest they have no new eta from the manufacturer yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I hope Mouser don't pull the same thing on you that they did on me. I have an order in for some electrical components and stuff(about €2k worth). Ordered in November 2021 with an expected delivery of April 2022. I expected it to run to June or July, which was fine as I didn't need to have everything ready until November this year. But now they've pushed it out to February 2024 :0(

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

My god, that's absolutely insane.

Have they offered you a free cancellation or are you just going to wait it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah I can still cancel, but the parts I need are on back order everywhere else as well so I'd be in the same boat. I'll see how it goes.

Checked with Mouser again - no joy on a new shipping date. I see that Terasic/Intel have a ship date of their next batch of stock of 19/08.

I bought mine directly from Terasic and took about 5 days from payment until it was in my hand, albeit it did work out at about €60/70 more than mouser

It's a bit more from Terasic delivered, around €90 and that's not including the FedEx customs fun :) did they get yourself?

Whoops, sorry, I wasn’t counting the shipping cost of €65 which plus the fedex charge of €80.96 It’s probably more like €110.

I’ll probably stick mine in the marketplace over the weekend at cost if anyones strung out for a de-10🤣

Agh, Mouser email update "Production Issues Reported - Delivery Unknown" - order canceled and one in with Terasic :D needs the second MiSTer for an arcade cab

Master of the Universe

Think I'll do the same this evening, what a waste of time that was!!

Same email here, I'll leave the order open for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

That's a joke. I'm telling you guys, a mini groovymame pc is a better option now the prices of mister has gone up so high and the lead times far out there.

Much higher learning curve but spend a weekend learning how to set a groovymame pc up and you won't regret it.

I measured the input lag comparing several mister arcade cores to the real pcb to groovymame a few weeks ago and some mister cores are slower than pcb/groovymame like the neo geo core.

Metal slug:

PCB: 5 frames input lag (baseline)

Groovymame: 6 frames

Mister: 7 frames

Master of the Universe

I'm in way too deep now with the MiSTercade sitting in my cabinet so definitely need to see that to it's end before thinking about another setup.

I might try out Groovymame for the other cabinet though as I won't be doing this again!

That's my Mouser order now cancelled finally.

Yea, I'm not that impressed, I haven't compared to original hardware as most my PCBs are in the attic, I'm totally over tinkering and just like to play a game these days so anything that I need to mess with just gets dumped to the side. My mister is going under the tele for console emulation for now or maybe in my defender as a multiwilliams if I can figure that out.

DE10-Nano ordered from Terasic on Monday, arrived this Friday morning. Now to find time to tinker with the Antonio Villena JAMMA interface.

I'm going to look into groovymame for a later project too, seems interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 seanleavy

Well lads. So am I right that these the only Irish buying options for a Mister?

Terasic

Board: $220

Shipping Cost:$81.82 (Only express option available?)

Customs Fee €80

= €380-ish

Mouser

€236 in Feb 2024

ultimatemister

Ultimate MiSTer PRO for €468.70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Ultimate MiSTer prices are excluding VAT, keep that in mind!

Has it gone up, when I ordered mine from Terasic, it was

DE10:$215

Shipping Cost:$66

Customs:€80.96

About: €350ish

Don't forget you'll want ram €40ish, IO board €20ish😒

• Registered Users Posts: 32 seanleavy

Yeah, one of the shipping options is gone which may explain that

Edit: Delivery is back to 66 again

I didnt see that thanks. Its €580-ish with VAT jaysus 😱😁

Post edited by seanleavy on

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Stuck in an order there myself from Terasic, actually managed to get an academic one ordered so we'll see what happens..!

Still have to buy some RAM and figure out the ins and outs of hooking up a kick harness.

Post edited by o1s1n on

Advertisement