Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental HEO

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,794 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Got it by the skin of my teeth, 55 oom. The relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

How long is the panel in place?

And any idea of the rate at which positions are typically filled?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Top 20…delighted with that.

Big thanks to Hunger James and Acquiesence.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Congrats to those who made it through interview, well done! And for those that didnt- hopefully there will be internal HEO comps in your Departments soon.

Does anyone know when they are shortlisting the next batch? I was in OOM 700's for Dublin and hoping to hear if my application was shortlisted soon 🙏

Ps- those that made it through- any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Acquiescence

Also a yes for me.

Relief that the wait is over more than anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Facebickie

Hi everyone, I made it through this time, 5th time interviewed is the charm! Congratulations to everyone who made it through this time, and for those who didn't, don't give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 claireisaman

My connection kept dropping, I kicked the interviewers out of the call 6 times and it was mortifying. So my advice is stay calm and friendly and don't panic no matter what happens, they are really nice and accommodating and won't penalise you for stupid things like that. I would say be prepared for constant interruptions and questions, which really isn't a bad thing because they are just keeping you on track so don't let that throw you off. For the presentation just be confident! They aren't experts at all in what you're talking about so as long as you can keep it going and have SOME kind of answer for their questions, that's all that matters. They are judging your interpersonal and communication skills there, and your drive and commitment etc not your expert knowledge on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Ber25

Hi. Could I ask if there is a high emphasis on the number of direct reports you have. I am an EO with nobody reporting to me. I have lots of leadership experience from a previous role but very little people management experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mrtweed

I got it and was pleased with how I did. I was an EO with nobody reporting to me and all my people management experience was in the private sector. It's not an obstacle at all, it's not by your doing that you have nobody reporting to you. As long as you can demonstrate the competencies it doesn't matter.

• Advertisement

Also thanks to all those who shared tips and info, most appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

I'm due to be called for the next round of interviews...the nerves! Congrats to everyone who got it and commiserations to those who didn't, hopefully the experience alone will help you next time!

Can I ask how the presentation works? Do you send them a copy of your slides? Do you just give it directly to the camera or do you share your screen and talk through the PowerPoint? Dreading this part 🙈

You send them your report/presentation ahead of time, they will have a copy of it in front of them. You can choose to do a PowerPoint and present that via screenshare to talk through your report but it's not mandatory.

Have you had you results back from shortlisting application forms then? Does this mean they are doing another batch of interviews before the next application shortlisting for Dublin?

Sorry, my above query- I meant to quote your message! :)

Hi all, for those still waiting on their applications to be shortlisted, PAS just got back to me and said 'we hope to hold further shortlisting at the end of August'. I'm not sure if that means that they will look at our applications then, or will have a decision by then, but that is the response I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭AirAmp2019

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

How many were called in total for the interview does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dowdly

It is envisaged that candidates up to and including the order of merit 140 from Stage 2 Dublin will be invited to Stage 3 Interview & Presentation in early July 2022.

That's from the publicjobs.ie message. So I assume they called up to 140 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

some info from PAS:

The Dublin 2020 panel has now been exhausted. We have yet to start calling candidates for clearance from the 2022 Dublin panel. We will begin this process in the coming weeks.

Candidates scores from stage 3 will carry across for both of their selected regions of choice. 

Looking like some people in Dublin batch 1 could be offered places before they know where they are placed on their 2nd choice panels. I had asked if there would be new batches for individual regions but it doesnt appear like there will be batches formed, I assume due to lower numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dubjane

Or maybe less as nobody was given a new OOM after some were eliminated before the interview stage

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭08122019

Does the HEO grade skips point 4 on the pay scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

Nope, unfortunately that's the "new entrants" deal so it doesn't apply to the grades above EO.

I was right about to skip to point 5 next month but I'm doing a bigger skip instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Have you received results from the Shortlisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hungerjames

Pre-clearance has started for those appointed. Won't be long at all now until we're in the new gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 megger

I received email also but no details of location or department which ultimately would decide whether I take it or wait for regional panel.

From your reading of email do you take it that you are only removed from regional panel if you accept position not just accept to go through clearance? I have emailed them for confirmation anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 competition

When are they shortlisting the next batch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭pawrick

In the same boat just noticed the email, let us know what they say back please (i assume that you are only removed from the regional panel when you actually accept a Dublin post or at least thats how it was in the past and by my reading of the email).

See above- they hope to start next batch of shortlisting at end of month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Thanks a million I was just wondering if they have interviewed everyone that was shortlisted from the 1st batch.

Advertisement