Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2022 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

Actually can see incoming rain on radar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A wonderful afternoon here in Meath, got to 23C but felt more like 26C. This is the level of sun and lack of cloud/haze that absolutely would have smashed 33C back during the heat spike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Got a little over 24c in south Laois this afternoon under clear sky, all the fairweather cloud has gone too, but a slight more haze to the western sky now.

Currently close to 23c in a light NWly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Plenty of bronze people here in Meath too, not surprised with all the warmth and hot days since early July. It doens't need to be sunny to get a tan in this weather either. The local kids all look as if they have spent several weeks in Spain but they have been in the area most of the time so it's not just limited to those who went to the Mediterranean for a week or two. Got a decent tan going myself at this stage too.

The next 6 days look great and make the most of it because from Monday onwards looks thrash. Should warm up again and hopefully a reload for the final week of August.

• Advertisement

Despite the dull cloudy evening it's still quite warm. Felt a few spits of rain but hopefully the cloud clears tomorrow.

Todays max 24.9C at Oak Park. Temperatures over the next 5 days add on an extra 3 to 5C in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stunning day here in Kildare. Max of 24.4°

Met Eireann now mention drizzle in Northwest. What took them so long?

Asleep at the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

As much as I love this weather. Modern homes in Ireland are not designed for it at all. Our house is A2 rated and it’s impossible to cool it down, thermostats inside are reading 23 degrees which is far too warm to sleep comfortably. Worth putting up with tho for the glorious days 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,396 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Visited my sister in West Kerry this weekend. They were saying this was probably the first few days of sun they've seen all summer. Even the record breaking few days were spent under cloud cover apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

I actually haven't felt it as warm at night compared to July heatwave.

For whatever reason it seems to cool more at night maybe due to it been August.

One big plus is sun is definitely going down earlier so behind trees sooner which helps for kids bedroom.

Now check back with me by end of week it might be a different story🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭highdef

Can not disagree - Moved from my fairly modern home in Kildare last November. During any sort of a warm spell in summer, I'd have air conditioning on every evening and sometimes overnight. New house (not far off 200 years old) is fantastic in this weather (and the previous hot spell), never getting too warm during the day and staying mild enough all night. In fact, the basement floor is still quite chilly, even with windows open and sun shining in all day. Goes to show that modern building standards don't always result in pleasant condition in home when the weather is anything but cold to mild.

Having said that, my last home was generally 22/23° as I do like my warmth. The bedrooms in warm summer weather were often in the high 20's at bedtime if I did not switch on the air conditioning.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Absolutely glorious looking morning in North donegal.

This is the start of it, bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

A lot of hot air coming from the Aras helping to push up temperatures🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭lucalux

You might already, but can I suggest you:

Close curtains/blinds fully on windows that get the sun. Windows too with air temps like we're about to get.

The difference solar gain makes to a house temp is big. Open windows at night when cooler

No point letting a load of heat in all day and not being able to get rid of it at night

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

A lovely morning in Dublin 7

Beautiful morning in Meath, should get to 25C today and higher than that everyday between now and Sunday. This warm spell will at least match the one from July 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Looks like the drivers/teleconnections were bang on the money this time, above posted on 20 July! Don't always work that way due to conflicting signs and the geography of our country but good to see this warm dry week was well picked up on in advance.

Yeah some of the forecasting has been quite impressive this Summer. Even the cool week next week was also picked up in July.

Hopefully by the time we all get sunburnt this week and can't sleep we will welcome the return of the Northwesterlies and 14c.

As bad as this Summer has been in the West its been very dry. They are becoming drier over the years and I think going forward poor Summers are going to become less.

Was dreaming last night that there was a monsoon next week but I don't think so. Just standard rain and maybe dry days still in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

I will never welcome a northwesterly and mid teens in summer.

I'm hoping next weeks cool and unsettled spell gets downgraded somewhat between now and Sunday but for now it seems fairly well locked in. We could do with a few more dry and sunny weeks up to 2nd week of September.

Today has already reached 25c. Has temperature prediction been understated. Could we see 27 or 28c today already and over 30c later in week?

21c n sunny in Sligo that's ideal for me.

25C at Dunshaughlin. Dunsany only reporting 23C which doens't sound right considering it feels around 27C. Oak Park leading the way with 26C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Oak Park recording 26 degrees at 2pm on met website. Hottest spot in the country so far today, Dublin at 24 degrees. My app is giving potentially 30-31 degrees for likes of Kilkenny later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

24.7° the high so far here in Kildare

I think we will bag a 27C somewhere today, either Oak Park or Moore Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

OK I'm actually melting away now😎😎😎.

It is so hot here in Dublin what is it going to be like by end of week😱

Advertisement