Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Victim blaming, eh? She shouldn't dress that way if she doesn't want the attention. That sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's speculative as to why the FBI raided TFG's pleasure palace. It might be due to the missing classified materials. It could be something completely different, too. Maybe part of a strategy for the DoJ to put the squeeze on TFG prior to an indictment for ...something...

I agree it's likely this has something to do with the documents, but that's not guaranteed. Nor will we see the warrant anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Person, woman, man, camera, TV. Eh?

Posting this for prosperity....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Weren’t they all going mad over Cracker Barrel introducing a vegetarian sausage last week?

The collective fury must be off the scale on this one.

Buckle up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Hoop66

The only thing funnier that the FBI raiding Trump's Palace of Tackiness (and that is very, very funny indeed) is the absolute meltdown that his cult are having over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Re: The FBI Raid

1. Fake News
    2. It didn't happen
    3. They were just tourists
    4. O.K. they were there, but they were looking for sneaky illegals working in the laundry room
    5. TFG had personally led them on a tour the night before, they innocently took pictures for their friends

<please add. Playing GQP news is such fun!>

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Are you seriously comparing a KKK Member wearing a white hood to a Muslim woman wearing a headscarf???

That's just beyond pathetic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I must say news like this normally comes out on a Friday.

Good to see it happen on a monday.

The party of “F**k your feelings” sure are an emotional bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Not at all the conversation if you bothered to read was about suicide bombers. Ofc you wont read past garb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Just reading here about the level of evidence likely required to have a judge sign off on a warrant against a former president.

Let's hope this crooked piece of shit is finally going to get what he deserves.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You were the one that suggested that by wearing the typical Muslim headscarf she invited the Suicide bomber comparison and when called out on that you then said "Should a KKK person get a free pass because they are wearing a white hood?"

So I'm fully up to speed on where the conversation is at and yes , it's still pathetic to try and make that comparison.

But back to the topic of the thread.

Mar-a-Lago raided , although the Secret Service knew they were coming as they had to be informed before the FBI arrived onsite for security reasons despite Trump claiming it was a big surprise.

For them to get a judge to approve a warrant to go into the home of a former President they would have had to have shown absolutely massive amounts of evidence of a suspected Crime.

This is real trouble for Trump.

Tbh I would not like be the FBI guy with the black light in there. And imagine the decor. He could well be in a lot of trouble but we need to wait atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

All hyperbole aside and regardless of who said it, did he just state that State law officials should stop and arrest Federal law officials when executing their federal orders? What is that? Are they trying to separate from the US? Uh..... Flexit? I tell ya, someone born on August 8 is going to have a HELL of a "Florida Man" entry.

So the fit is hitting the shan:

Queue Hunter's Laptop/Musk Twitter/insert-deflection-attempt-here in

many cultures wear a turban what's your point ?

This may well help the Republicans get the presidency next time around- “the persecution of our beloved former President” - it will certainly be spun that way and the rednecks will lap it up

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Now I understand the reason for the qualified criticism of Lauren Boebert....

• Advertisement

Meh I already condemned comments. But some are like a dog with a bone on the Race issue. I'm just trying to remove that. Race is tossed around far to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Especially if this works out that it bars Trump from running again, so they go with DeSantis.

I will say, this is really **** enjoyable to watch. He even pointed out his safe was cracked. Lot of people sweating today.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Stanley 1

Me and Mr. Jones

We got a thing goin' on

We both know that it's wrong

But it's much too strong

To let it go now

Just as a instructional video may be satire. 🤐

FBI director was appointed by trump and is a registered republican but its the radical left do-nothing-democrats behind all this.

This time it feels different but I'm afraid of being hurt again. Please hope this piece of **** finally goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

hunters laptop has already landed in the Biden thread

No doubt. And all his ... fans will support him regardless of what is found (Either in Ler-a-largo or Jones' texts). Yet another opportunity for the GQP to return to its GOP roots which will be ignored. Yet another opportunity to distance themselves that will be missed.

I REALLY cannot understand how they are passing up these opportunities. NOW is the perfect time to throw him under the bus purely from a mid-term/long-term tactical POV: Yes. they will be guaranteed to lose his support-base. And will lose the next mid-terms and election. Guaranteed. But the next few years are going to be economically/politically very tough. Economic hardships, civil and political unrest, difficult global and environmental times ahead for everyone. Why not just take the hit? Why not LET the Dems win the next election. Weather the tough times. Then, in 2028, as things start to pick up, come in brand new and invigorated: like Coca Cola "GOP Classic". With 6 years of new genuine GOP leadership/members. And all that rebranding. Come riding in as things turn for the better and claim all the spoils of an economy emerging from tough times. And I mean I'm not saying that as some sort of slight. This is not a "That's so typical of what they'd do". I would think that would be something that EITHER party would do 😀. Who wants to be the president/party for the next few years of stagnation and hardship? When things start turning around, the next guys will come in like Labour in the UK: "Things can only get better" type thing.

Edit: Fixed typo and added GOP Classic line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Economics101

Cue Hillary's emails.😀

I don't know..

If Trump goes down, he won't go quietly and he won't keep quiet to protect anyone else (except maybe Ivanka).

He will throw everyone under the bus in his attempts to save himself , the blast radius from serious proceedings against him could be very wide indeed.

The chances of the wider GOP getting away clean from a Trump prosecution are fairly slim I'd say.

The FBI would be acting under the direction of the DOJ on this , so Garland likely made the call or at least gave it his blessing.

No way some mid-ranking Prosecutor did this on a solo run.

It's a very significant step up in the process and you'd assume that they have lots of ducks already in a row before they decided to make this move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,240 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Suicide bombers are a tiny percentage of Muslims. The vast majority of Muslims do not go around bombing people. Wearing a turban does not immediately identify you as a suicide bomber. Its not some part of their official uniform that they own the rights to. They've co-opted a piece of the culture from where a lot of the people responsible come from.

The KKK is built on white supremacy and hatred of others. People who dress up in KKK attire are doing it because they believe in those things.

This is all (conveniently) getting away from the fact that she's an elected official and shouldn't be stoking the flames of hate. Should she not be making jokes about pardo priests to Catholic representatives from Boston (cos Catholics in Boston were abusing kids) or incest jokes about representatives from Southern states? Should she ****. She knows exactly what she's doing by directing her comment at Ilhan Omar.

As an aside, her reference to the Juhad Squad I assume refers to the 'Squad'. Iirc, only two of those members are Muslims so she is at best being wilfully ignorant to fire up her supporters or at worst completely clueless. I'm afraid she's not as dumb as her actions might have people believe, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement