Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLERICAL OFFICER 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darthinvader

Thanks, I'm in 150s and hear there are Revenue jobs going in Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Hi.

I started earlier this year so this is based on my experience.

On point 1 and assuming the usual single person tax credits and bands You should have around 415 into ur hand a week assuming you have the typical single person tax credits and tax bands.

Pay increase of 500 per year due in October so estimating this brings u up to around 420-422per week take home.

Fingers crossed the pay increases are improved by then. E. G if pay increase was 1000 should see around 428-430pw take home.

Unfortunately there will be no Vegas for me for a few years. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jean74

@citygirl22 I passed the interview stage just received the message, Thank God.. Hope you get same news

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jean74

@Jokerman87 I passed the interview stage just received the message, Thank God.. Hope you get same news

• Registered Users Posts: 30 citygirl22

@Jean74 I’m delighted for you congratulations. I have also passed the interview stage I just got a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Jokerman87

Also passed 👍nice one well done all . Hopefully will hear more soon

Congratulations @Jokerman87

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rosknight

So got news that I passed my interview for Co. Dublin 3 weeks ago. Today I got my Invitation to Clearance email with reference and Garda Vetting forms to complete and send back. Do I get a chance later to state my preferred locations in Co. Dublin or is it pot luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Well done! It's pot luck but I think they tend to try put you relatively close to home. I live in North Dublin and got a position in North Dublin. Was dreading getting somewhere too far. Hope you get somewhere you are happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

@Saulgudman Thank you so much for this. It will be a significant drop for me, but hoping for a better work/life balance and a corresponding decrease in stress. 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saulgudman

Your welcome.

I took the same leap of faith myself a few months ago after 10 years in financial private sector.

Took a hit of over 200 per week :-(. I can honestly say I haven't regretted it so far.

Obviously you would miss the money at times and have to be careful but work life balance is unreal and no stress at all... I clock out when my 7 hrs are done and the flexi time /flexi accrual is a priceless perk IMO.

***Your health is your wealth*

But I will also not be complaining when I move to point 2 on scale either.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aaron5250

Congrats on passing the interview. I have mine on Friday. What questions were you asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

HI, those who recently interview for Cork, could you give me an idea of your OOM please, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bradley linemihler

OOM in the 130's. interview end of may...starting clearance this week. Cork. hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miss123

Any idea how many have been offered a position in Longford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Joining a union is optional.

Pension deductions are a % of income so will vary depending on your grade, but if you're on the same pay as someone your pension deduction will be the same.

Pension deductions are tax deductible too and are really important in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭furrybones

Work/life balance and job security were the two main factors for me when I decided to work in the public sector. I found both. The added bonus is working from home 3 days a week. Cuts right down on commuting, childcare, and - dare I say it - office politics.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Hi All, Is there anybody from Cork that have recently been given a position for this campaign ? I’m curious to see what department’s there recruiting for in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

Hi there, anyone know anything about Westmeath panel please? They seem stuck on OOM 137 since June. I wonder do they interview in batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

Pension deduction is about €17 per week. this may vary depending on your salary (Based on point 6 on scale) You can get the salary payscale for clerical officers on line. You start on point 1 and proceed. You skip point 4 and go straight to 5. You skip point 7 also. Union membership is optional. Most recent intakes don't bother joining. You can join any time so consider what benefit they are to you. Take home in year one with no union deduction and single persons tax rate is about 440. You can work up time off, you can do over time at times, best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Benelson

Subscription rates

The general subscription rate for 2022 is 0.8% of basic salary up to a maximum of €399.34 (monthly rate €33.28 ) i.e. a salary max of €49,918. (A small number of union branches apply an additional levy for certain grades). This downloadable excel spreadsheet illustrates how the subscription rate applies in a range of different salary bands.

The subscription rate for the Clerical Officer and linked Grades in the Civil Service Division and some employments in the Services and Enterprises Division is 1% of basic salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

Hi, has anyone been offered a job in Offaly recently? I passed interview 2 months ago and OOM is in 60's. It would be great to gauge where they are at as PAS only give info as to what number has been reached for interview. Thanks all 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ciara_mar

Getting ahead of myself.. but Does anyone know if it’s possible to apply for parental leave/shorter working year before your year probation is up. I have only just passed my interview but trying to plan ahead for childcare if I get offered a position and it’s proving to be difficult as the salary is quite low and childcare is so €€€. 1 day per week PL/SWY would come in very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WednesdayGirl

I think l there is only a small window in September of each year when you can apply for shorter working year

Thank you. that’s probably me out for that so! 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Kirbi

Shorter Working Year wouldn't apply here because you can't take it like that - it's a two week minimum stretch.

Parental Leave generally can't be taken until you've passed your first probation, unless your child is nearing 13 (because the leave expires after that).

A Work Pattern change would also suit for a model of one day off a week (working an 80% pattern), but again they're generally only available once you've finished probation.

You should have a chat to the HR about it though to check if there's anything they'd be willing to do for you - just in case!

Thanks very much 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Dublin.85

Hi all, I don't know if anyone has any advice for me. I'm due to start CO position in 3 weeks. For the last 2 months, I'm suffering with terrible back pain which has me out of my current job 3 times in the last 2 months. I don't know if it's stress related with leaving my job after 12 years but I'm more stressed out now thinking that I won't be able to start my new job, or if I do start, I'm worried I could be out sick again with my back if this continues. I'm afraid I'll end up with no job at all. 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alc092

I've received my start date for the 22nd and department but they haven't given me a location, and i didn't get a location preference either is this normal? This is for the Dublin panel.

Also I have a weekend away booked 2 weeks after i start (planned and paid for before i got called) is the person that is dealing with my onboarding into the department the person i should bring this up with? and will it be okay or should i consider it a lost cause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Advertisement