Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pension at 40!!

• 09-08-2022 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I am 40 and I have never paid into a pension.

I need to sort this asap but I am confused who to go with.

I have got a proposal from pension-advice.ie to go with a Zurich pension plan but I dont want to just accept that with looking at alternatives.

Whats the best way to compare the market?

Is there the likes of a bonkers.ie that will compare plans (i couldnt find one)

Would I be better to contact an independant financial advisor so is there even such a thing?

(not sure if they are all tied to an investment fund company)

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishHusk

No affiliation but I have seen a broker called labrokers mentioned on askaboutmoney who provide independent advice and prsa type products with low fees. Maybe get in contact with them. Think they are based in Wicklow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Some very good tools on there to get you started (not a comparison site but will give the necessary information you need when talking to providers)

Best of luck to you and well done for realizing this needs to be addressed before it is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 N1vek

My work one with zurich. 1% annual charge. Quarter of that goes to trustees. Happy with how it performs. Was with Irish Life but company changed it. Good luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

LA Brokers are discount brokers. They are cheaper than most but not all.

They won't however be offering discounted advice. They'll quite rightly be charging for that.

Discount brokers are fine if you know exactly what product and funds suit your individual position best.

If you don't then using a discount broker is likely to be an expensive mistake.

Advertisement