Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options
  • 05-08-2022 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its time to start a thread for next years Portlaw festival. 😁

I have seen 'surveys' online asking about the 22 festival to get feedback - fave act , best performance, fave stage etc.

anyway, let the guessing begin about who will be there next year.

I think Sam Fender + Chemical Bros .

I would like to see Eris Drew , Frank Turner and Colin Hay there (being reasonable - I would truthfully love Pearl Jam, QotSA and Megadeth there )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭crl84

I'd say Chems and Sam Fender are far too big/mainstream to be playing. Much more likely for EP or their own gigs.

I'd guess some headliners on the level of Trinity Summer Series/Fairview Park/curtained-off 3Arena.

Maybe Bon Iver or (if still touring) The War On Drugs, as they've headlined POD/Aiken events in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Pulp are touring.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Sam Fender is defo not the ATN vibe at all. EP can have him.

Along the lines of as above Pulp, TWOD, Michael Kiwanuka, Caribou, Pavement if they are still touring, Big Thief would be amazing, Mac DeMarco maybe.

For the dance acts would love to see Four Tet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Sam Fender is defo not the ATN vibe at all"

Why - too mainstream ? Too much guitar? Not enough bass?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Didn’t meant offend. Just my opinion.

Too football terrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I'd expect them to spend even less on acts then they did this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Pulp, Arcade Fire, Bicep. Either way I will go and enjoy myself greatly again, Like never really listened to Nick Cave but went to him this year and was very entertained same with Patti Smith the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I don’t know, the relatively late sell out may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A bit early for this thread there won't be any names released for ages, either Xmas or January, February maybe.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭nomoedoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Early bird on sale Wednesday - €199

No rest for the wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

How many early birds do we think will be available? 50? 300? 2,000?, 10,000?

I really thought it would be Nov/Dec before tickets would go on sale for this.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

How does the pre-sale work?,like do they send you an email with a link to get the tickets Wednesday morning or something?

How much were the 2022 general tickets again can anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

179.50 plus 7.15 service charge is what I paid on 28/08/19

Assume that was also the early bird so an acceptable increase considering these infaltionairy times

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Hi All. Anybody who was there this year and stayed in tangerine fields? Were they better value for money than 2019? the disorganisation, leaky tents and random setting out of tents in 2019 really put me off. Not to mention the 2.5 hour wait to check in!

But im too lazy to pitch my own tent so wondering if they had gotten their act together this year?

Might try snag myself some early birds so.

Presume we will get an email with a link to the presales.

They have said on social media comments that Ticketmaster will send emails to people on Wednesday morning

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Got email with links from Ticketb@stard.

says early bird ticks limited

Happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

Very late in the day it was announced that they had a fenced off section in general camping rather than boutique, although you did get to shower in boutique if you fancied the trek I think. I'm not sure who messed up there but they were left off the map at the start. I didn't hear any other issues though and tbf the campsite is pretty serene compared to EP. Still, would have been raging myself.

Think Bon Iver/War on Drugs is a good call as a headliner. It would be a big jump for them to headline but I'd love to see The Horrors get a prominent placing if they were touring. Moderat too perhaps.

I really enjoyed this years lineup, it was heavy on quality even if it was a tad light on big names. Can understand the approach as it took a while to sell out and I imagine they had a lot of overheads from the cancelled gigs to cover. Expect a big capacity next year and tickets to sell out quicker, so might see some bigger names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭Charlie

If anyone has an early bird email that they’re not going to use, I would most grateful take it 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Just noticed with the installment plan its 70e extra for a pair of tickets, which is quite steep!

On family camping, i see that last entry to campsite is 10pm. Seems a little early. Is there any other suitable sites to bring family, for a 10 and 11 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Only get early discount if buy tickets in one go. Incentive to buy it in full.

last entry means latest time you can arrive at ticket check to get your wristband when you initially arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭desk tidy

How will this work, will Ticketmaster only make the links live if the account has a previous ATN purchase attached to it? Or is it open to anyone with a link regardless of previous purchase? If the latter they'll be gone pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

Couldn't get tier 1 - sold out straight away. Got tier 2 instead , which were a tenner extra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Probably only a 1,000 or 2,000 At the lowest tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Tier 1 only appeared for me at about 9:08. People could have been holding in their baskets and got released back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

That was bullshit. I reckon a handful available at €199. Then being stung with a service fee of €10!!!! For one ticket! WTF?!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Advertisement