Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Amazing that an elite military rescue team 200+ years later couldn't take it out, but this thin girl could ... wow, she's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

To be honest and fair, except for the writing the rest of the team did a very good job. If only they could have removed the idiotic stuff and have the main character a hardened killer warrior to make it believable and maybe have him (of course it's a him) team up with one of those white colonists in a coming together against evil kind of thing (if you really need to send a message why not send a positive one?) this could have been one that deserved a place along Predator 1 and 2. But no, we can't have that.

So I'd say it's the best of the rest: totally forgettable like the last 2, but better than the Alien crossovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

This is an article from The Boston Globe.

Now if anyone is familiar with The Globe you will know that it's so progressive and liberal that it makes The Guardian look like the Express or Telegraph.

Anyway the article is about bachelorette parties (hen nights) going to LGBTQ+ etc places.

The language used in it is off the charts if you ask me.

It's so angry, using terms like "hetrification weaponizes heteronormativity" and"hostile occupation"

Who the fcuk describes a hen party as "weaponizing" anything?

They even managed to get in the term Latinx, the word most Latino and Latina people hate.

Have a read, and read the comments too, they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The LGBT GAA / sports team thing is hilarious… the utter hypocrisy..

if I started a team tomorrow in whatever sport and decreed that only straight people would be eligible to join.. marketed it however.. ‘likeminded straight people’.. for GAA sports teams…’… there would be a lynching.

LGBT only team ? Why ? You train for X minutes a week, play matches for X minutes a week, what would sexuality have to do with it ? Discriminatory. Genders yes, due to natural physical differences and logistical issues such as changing facilities but… man 😂

PETA… ffs.. ‘Feed a Fed Horse’… so they’d advocate using language that may indicate or be interpreted that it’s appropriate to overfeed a horse..I’m reading that..”Overfeeding can lead to a host of physical problems, ranging from excess weight that contributes to degenerative joint disease to equine metabolic syndrome and laminitis. Some horses develop hay belly, especially if they consume a large volume of lower quality feed.”…. PETA, are espousing this type of wordscape usage ! PETA 🫢😬😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think those professors need a dose of diversity and inclusion training.

Seriously though, a bouncer is all that's required to sort that kind of thing out. And what's going on is only a passing fad anyway. They'll be back to the straight venues before long gagging for a bitta toxic masculinity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Detritus70

There are people who suffer from Woke Derangement Syndrome. They do nothing but look for anything that looks anyhow "woke" to them. It consumes their entire life. If they did go to the pub, they'd sit in the corner and mutter "something, something, woke" into their pint for hours on end.

Easily recognised by a failure of their deodorant and a lax bodily hygiene regime. I guess they see "woke" stuff in clouds and they go around wondering if water really is racist, as they often have written in half jest.

Best avoided. 😁

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

I wonder how did they decide to go out and arrest an army veteran that served his country more than they will ever could. What went through their little empty and cowardly minds when they cuffed him for posting a joke? Why were they so scared of him? It's also worrying how some of the community members and supporter are cheering for this - lads, this is not what acceptance and tolerance means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

What makes it even more interesting...

He point being made with the swatiska pride flag, is that any criticism of the movement no matter how legitimate or not is seen as an attack and people voicing concerns must be silenced...sound a little like fascism...all a little ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Detritus70

It's amazing how the right always screams "stop calling us Nazis!" whilst clutching their pearls but always scream "woke/queers/environmental/libtard Nazis are coming to get us!".

Bunch of whiney-ass snowflakes. If only they were 1% as tough as they always say they are.

Was it too much to arrest this guy? Probably. I don't know the full story. Do I feel sorry for the guy? Not in a million years. Is it the fault of The Gays he got arrested? No, obviously the police arrested him. Law and order, bitch. Don't come crying to me about it.

Maybe people should grow a thicker skin. I mean, you're getting bullied by a punch of people you would describe as Soy Boys and pansies.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

How can you describe yourself as an Irishman and "serve" in Northern Ireland, my hatred of such a creature knows no bounds.

Also, not all non liberals are Nazi's, that is what the left want to believe. I hate woke culture but I only lean slightly to the right. I would shake the hand of a trans sexual feminist before I would shake the hand of a British loyalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

That's a very good point you make here - is your hatred of this man, however justified, a reason for him to be arrested? Because this is what actually means to be tolerant, to allow things that you hate, not those you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Yeah! You know what acceptance and tolerance does mean? Manipulating LGBT symbols to look like swastikas. 🙄

Yes, quite literally it means that you can do that joke. Some people will find it amusing and some others will be offended, but in the end we all need to tolerate each other's opposing opinions and jokes. And if that image offends you no one forces you to look at it.

When those people killed those other people over some drawings everyone was shocked. Well, apparently not shocked enough if we're following the same path.

Free speech absolutism is great in the pretend world of internet discussion forums and edgelords defending South Park but in the real world (where I live), there are consequences for abusing free speech.

Whether it’s yelling “fire” in a crowded theatre, or genocide denial, or falsely outing people as paedos, there need to be preventative measures for abuse of free speech.

Do you remember when I asked you to read an article about the atrocities committed by the Nazis to homosexuals during the Holocaust? Why do you feel such an urgent need to trivialise the Holocaust? Honestly, pick up a history book and think about what you’re defending. Holocaust denial is a crime in some countries and a just one in my opinion.

If I posted your name and address on Twitter and outed you as a nonce you would be fine with that, yeah? What if I drew pictures of you noncing? Nobody is forcing you to read it, so it’s grand, yeah? Genuine question, please answer. I need to know exactly where you stand on this issue.

What a nice straw man you made there you must be proud of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

Actually that was me you told to go read about the holocaust.

Just to recap. Someone made the new pride flags look like a swastika. Some people saw the political comment made by that. That is the similarities in being able to speak out about LGBT(plus whatever has been added since I last check) community and what it was like speaking against NAZIS in Germany when they were in power. You were offered by this, as is your right, and some of us were amused by it and you wanted it stopped, as is not your right.

Then there was a picture posted of I think London with the new pride flags strug across the street looking like something out of a Nazi rally. Then someone posted a story of a man arrested for posting the Swatika Pride flag. The fact that he was not charged is beside the point. He was taken away by the state in handcuffs for an opinion.

You may not like his opinion but you have to admit bring arrested for what he did is proving the basis of the joke he made.

Mock this group of people and the state will take you away dare I say that's acting like the Nazis.

And once again I ask you who is actually hurt by arranging the pride flag in a swastika? What injuries do they have?

• Advertisement

“What injuries do they have?”

Do you actually believe that the only way to commit a crime is to physically injure someone? So you’ve never heard of defamation laws then?

It’s an open-and-shut case for hate speech. You can cry about “muh freeze peach” and your Libertarian fantasies about trivialising the Holocaust with impunity but in the real world (where I live) hate speech laws have been well established in order to prevent the demonisation of minority groups.

The 2022 equivalent of a Jeremy Clarkson book. One where he pulls a gurny face on the cover with his hands on his hips, titled “is it me or has the whole world gone mad?”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Would you be a supporter of the message that the Police across the pond were portraying in the photo below?

That’s a good use of airtime, is it? Debating whether or not the Holocaust happened? That is a such a breathtakingly stupid remark.

There’s no such thing as absolute free speech, there never has been and there never will be.

Mate you suggested a televised debate with a Holocaust denier. 😆 Don’t lose your temper at me because I consistently hand your arse to you in open debate.

For a man who’s all for the “marketplace of ideas” you get awfully pissy when you have to confront opposition to your own stupid remarks.

Maybe you and bottler above can stick to the Jeremy Clarkson books, and tweeting swastikas at gays, and leave the big boy discussions to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

In relation to a crime, no is my answer.

I also don't see equating fascist actions to the Nazis as a crime.

And now we come ro the most disturbing and worrying part of your post " an open and shut case for hate speech ". Most disturbing and chilling, I can only hope no one like you gets in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Back to the funnies please

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This. The internet hasn’t made me feel guilty for being a white straight male in nearly 24 hours now.

• Advertisement

Not even the police in that photo are supporters of that message. They apologised for it and accepted they had gotten their wording/messaging wrong.

They acknowledged that being offensive is not a crime.

Here's what the rest of billboard reads:

Quite clearly in relation to hate crime as opposed to an off-colour joke or calling someone a wanker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement