Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I prefer the rumoured Flynn spin-off “Breaking Fast”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

‘Let’s fuel Huell’ is one I saw on Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

Jesse looked so old I genuinely thought he was Jeff at the start of the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Crocodile Booze

Keeping up with the Kettlemans.

Thats the only potential spin-off worth considering...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Looking forward to catching up with Kim in this episode. I read it's the first written and directed episode by Vince Gilligan since breaking bad I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Ryann Red Sorrow

spoiler - shows how the special sauce is made for Los Pollos Hermanos'

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I know Kim is in Florida however it really felt like she was in an episode of Fargo.

Nice scene between her and Jesse.

Nice cliffhanger to lead into the final episode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of the best episodes of the show as far as I'm concerned. Was never really in any doubt they knew what they were doing with their big swings in the last few episodes, but all coming together beautifully now. The Kim stuff was magnificent, and the depths of Jimmy's moral corruption is on full display (plus those small glimpses of humanity amid the cruelty and selfishness).

The shot of the colour laptop screen glaring in Jimmy's glasses is some stunning visual storytelling.

Woke up early couldn't sleep so watched it so SPOILERS BELOW

As Agent mentioned started out like an episode of Fargo I was half expecting her to be married to Jesse Plemons if he hadn't already being cast as Todd in Breaking Bad. The other side of the phone call was interesting as Kin told Jimmy to turn himself in and that she was glad he was alive.

The call triggered Kim into trying to right the wrongs that she and Jimmy were involved in. Howard's wife now knows the truth. Seeing her breakdown on the bus to the airport she has obviously been feeling the stress for years by bottling everything up.

Also Kim in the Breaking Bad timeline showed Jimmy had fully transformed into Saul and showed little interest in Kim which you could see hurt her that line "Have a nice life Kim" was horrible by Saul. It was a good scene with Jesse sharing a smoke with her.

The Gene house break in was a bit less convincing for me in that we had the mishap in the Department store robbery and then we had Gene decide to get greedy and steal watches and cigars upstairs in the house, glad he didn't have to smash the urn over the victims head. But come on the cops just happen to pull up behind Jeffy's cab to have lunch in the middle of the night and then for Jeffy to get spooked and crash.

The Marion scene played out as expected with her suspicious of Gene and looking him up on the internet (Ask Jeeves 😀). Not sure if Jimmy would have gone through with strangling her but when she said "I trusted you" it seemed to make him see sense.

Looks like from next week's teaser he is on the run and trieds to contact the vacuum guy to disappear again. He doesn't sound good on the teaser and it is color so who knows when it's set.

I think ias I said months ago it's looking more like he hands himself in at the Albuquerque Police and takes Kim's advice I hope.im wrong but I keep coming back to the season teaser and wouldn't put it past Peter or Vince to do this and put the final scenes in the teaser trailer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Just saw the penultimate episode.

It's all coming together nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I assumed Gene instructed Jeff to crash the car to create a distraction so he could exit the house. He couldn't stay in the house with the mark coming around and he couldn't leave with the cop car sitting outside.

The Kim/Jesse scene was unexpected and enjoyable - better than last week's cameos. Who was the Emilio though he mentioned though - Crazy 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Emilio was Jesse's original cook partner, last seen falling through Jesse's ceiling looking like a raspberry slushie.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Wow!!!

That was the best episode of the season, really coming together nicely, delighted to see some sort of justice for Howards memory.

No surprise Vince Gilligan directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No I don't think Gene was able to give a signal to Jeff. I think Jeff acted on his own, knowing Gene could come out at any moment. Whether he crashed on purpose rather than just driving off thinking the cops would follow him, or if he panicked and crashed by accident, I'm not sure.

Sad to see Mike has been replaced at the courthouse carpark by a ticket payment machine.

Post edited by Snake Plisken on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Ryann Red Sorrow

I couldn't help but think about how Kim is the Jesse of this show. How she’s dragged (if not exactly kicking and screaming) into doing a lot of terrible things. But never completely losing her inherent goodness. And that scene outside of Saul's office happens. Jesse and Kim meeting like two ships in the night. One free of her shackles, the other on a collision course with his. And you realize it was all by design. They want the viewer to draw those parallels. Because it’s been the entire point all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For me the most hard hitting succinct piece of dialogue in the waterworks episode was -

Jesse - So is he any good?

Kim - He was when I knew him.

Sums up the entire episode he was Saul at the Emilio stage. No Jimmy left.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

S6 Episode 12 / Easter Eggs. Very detailed breakdown. Even Tammy’s Birthday Card is analysed.

On reflection on the last episode- Waterworks.

A better ending would have been Saul/Gene pressing the panic button then running after changing his mind. Similar to Walt on the pay phone in the bar in Breaking Bad. When Walt changed his mind.

Breakdown and analysis of the episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I know Kim was just as instrumental in Howard's character assassination as Jimmy (arguably even more so) but seeing her life's potential wasted writing brochure text for sprinkler products when we know she is capable of so much more was heart-breaking. 

I love how they cut away from the office staff's lunch time chat literally in the middle of a word. It really emphasises how mundane and uninteresting her Florida life is now. 

Gene and Saul are thoroughly unlikable in this episode. 

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I think Saul will die in the last episode. I couldnt see it ending with him behind bars; and him and Kim seem to have drifted too far apart in their morales to come together and run off into the sunset.

Too many people looking for Saul, he's already used the vacuum repair disappearance (plus kinda seems like an easy exit strategy to a somewhat happy ending).

Also the final episode title maybe hints at his deaths too (wont post in case anyone doesn't want to know).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭mcburns07

One scene together and one scene each apart

Fantastic episode. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Was a nice episode last week - just nice in all regards.

And then this week - this has to be most difficult episode of all seasons. My god my heart aches :'(

Beautifully done and goddamn Jimmy....

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Brilliant episode. Rhea Seehorn’s ability to show the raw emotional toll of Kim’s behaviour finally breaking through her cool exterior demeanour on the bus was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I love how they cut away from the office staff's lunch time chat literally in the middle of a word. It really emphasises how mundane and uninteresting her Florida life is now. 

Yes that split second shot, god damn it pains me so much to see Kim 'lives' like such mundane and lifeless life. She is both so real and surreal character in the same time.

The most difficult episode to watch in the whole BB/BCS universe - the worst thing is that we already saw that coming but I just didn't realize it can hit me so so hard :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Damn that was so good. So many little nuances in each scene that make the past/present so cohesive as the story unfolds.

Some of the best tv going.

Just catching up on the thread and the vid in post #5698 nails the crazy level of detail

Post edited by -=al=- on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I don't like where this has gone, and is going.

It's utterly brilliant, but I just don't like it.

I think he’ll end up arrested. No one, unless I’m mistaken, has been arrested. Walt, Mike and Gus all died, along with every minor character. Jesse got out. I agree that Saul doing the vacuum cleaner think is too predictable. But so is him dying I think.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

The wives come off the worst. Skyler, if I recall, had all her assets seized and ended up working as a taxi dispatcher. And Kim has something in Florida that can barely be called a life, at least by her standards

similar outcomes for them both

Advertisement