Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alex Jones Believers - How Do Ye Feel Now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Think exactly.

I believe alot of people have been fear mongered and brainwashed into that narrative and I don't blame them. Almost 2 year's of it 24-7 being rammed down there throat with barely a mention of the other side of the story.

It's an absolute fact Irish people will follow whatever is the new fad or thing to not feel being left out.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

it does

"The Court now finds that a default judgment on liability should be granted."

the "liability" referred to is the case where

Heslin sued Appellants for defamation and defamation per se related to Appellants’ statements disputing Heslin’s claim that he held his deceased son in his arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

But Jones isn't a new thing or a fad at all? Everyone but you is the sheep, you are different with all that fancy learnin you done.

Biden and Obama didn't have anything to do with Epstein. But sure feel free to provide proof.. Yep I think there are questions about the people who associated with Epstein. Alex Jones has not uncovered anything though. It's just excited steroid rants.

Chemicals in food and water. Food additive legislation was literally introduced by the EU in 2008. Anyone who did home economics or biology tended to cover the likes of fluoride in water for dental health. Equally geography even at Junior Cert level covered the processes to clean water which include both chemical and physical processes. So the fact you weren't particularly informed in 2008 isn't due to the information not being out there. Once again, Jones did not expose anything and fact you're not specifying any particular thing indicates it's something he likely just made up.

And back to blaming msm while the guy you're bigging up actively defamed the victims. You can't produce any coherent thing that Jones has exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Hmm... I feel like there's someone missing from that list... some one important who was also associated with Epstein... Someone who Alex Jones and most of his fellowers are big fans of...

Weird that his name isn't brought up...

Also, it's really funny to keep pointing out that the "chemicals in the water" thing Jones "exposed" was the idea that the chemicals are turning frogs gay.

They really want to pretend that's not what he said cause it's a little difficult to pretend he's a real serious journalist when the actual thing his said is in clear view.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Heslin sued Appellants for defamation and defamation per se related to Appellants’ statements disputing Heslin’s claim that he held his deceased son in his arms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I know the jury didn't find him liable. The judge did. that doesn't make him any less liable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so he didn't lose a liable case for defamation? do you think he won?

Meanwhile he's writing Biden and Obama in as regular visitors... It's just such brazen rewrites of history.

• Advertisement

Playing silly buggers to defend a lowlife like Jones. This place plumbs new depths all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Exactly. You know how I knew this? Because it's the same mindless tired narrative we see over and over on this forum by legions of "sheep" who never once question any of it.

Look at any conspiracy site, drenched in fearmongering stories of nefarious terrible things. Open one up from 10 years ago, did it happen? Or is it all just conveniently forgotten or spun away in favor of the next exciting conspiracy thing that's "just about to happen". All designed to bypass reason and go straight to emotions. All the projection that everyone else, the media, scientists are doing it to deflect from who is really doing it. Interesting how that works isn't it.

Next time you come across someone who is a flat-earther or whatever, notice how all their lines are exactly the same as yours. "Don't trust the mainstream media", "they are feeding us narratives", "no mention of the other side", etc.

Conspiracy theorists will follow whatever is the new fad (Covid) so as not to feel left out, to feel like they are "special information" and Alex Jones is a grifter who is always there is validate that.

AJ was found liable liable under default judgement. He was not found "guilty" by a jury of his peers for "defamation". Those are very different things You can keep repeating the word defamation as much as you want but it doesn't change that fact. Here is the order granting default judgement. Alex Jones Default Judgment Orders - Texas (documentcloud.org) nowhere in that document does it say show me where it says he was found liable for "defamation".

Therefore, AJ can credibly say that no court has found him to have caused harm or defamed anyone. I know that upsets people but that is a simple statement of fact.

Liable for what, under default judgement?

Edit: your last line is a a complete lie. The court found exactly that, he was trying to obfuscate and hide the fact that he caused harm and defamed the families, so instead of it going to a jury, he was found liable instead. Liable for defamation. You can dance around the words all you want, that's what the court found and ordered.

Not really.

You put up a bad defense, the jury finds you liable. You put up such a bad defense it breaks the rules, the judge finds you liable.

Same outcome.

With the latter Jones and his supporters just get to play a mental gymnastics game to salvage something, "well technically a jury didn't find me guilty". Which is exactly what you are doing.

You're the one who is trying to insert words into the judgement that don't exist.

It's very simple, look at the judgement and tell me where it says he was found "liable for defamation".

What was he found liable for?

Also, if he didn't harm anyone, why is he paying damages?

There is no guilty verdict. That's the whole point.

The judgement found him liable because he didn't comply with discovery. The judgement cannot provide a a ruling or verdict on the evidence in the case, it is simply saying that the defendant didn't comply with discovery and that a default judgement was awarded. Nowhere does it rule on the merits of the case or the evidence because one party failed to comply with the discovery meaning that a jury was not in a position to hear the evidence or to come to a verdict in the first place.

If someone decides to sue you for defamation and you chose not to engage in the process and a default judgement was made against you, that doesn't mean you are "guilty" of defamation. Only a jury can decide that.

Sheep follow the flock. I don't. When you use your time to hear the other sides of the story you'll get to make a better judgement and balance on things. Most people in this country don't get that other side unless they go looking for it.

It's a civil case, not a murder case.

you chose not to engage in the process

He did engage in the process, he absolutely knew of the default liability (it's an agreement) but he repeatedly ignored discovery requests and court orders, so he was found liable by default. That is actively torpedoing his own case, you don't need a jury decision to deliberate a case the defendant is directly or indirectly trying to lose.

Whether found liable by jury or judge, the outcome is the same, the punishment is the same. The semantics are different because he didn't allow the case to proceed to jury decision, which was entirely his choice. I suspect to be the victim and claim "I wasn't found liable by a jury", no he was found liable by default, and worse by his own hand. Crazy but par for the course for Jones.

It's the equivalent to defaulting a football game, giving the other side the points and then saying "we didn't lose". On paper it's exactly the same, they did lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

You're not meant to look at the variables, as that could be dangerous and lead you to a conspiracy theory or the truth for that matter.

The trusted source's are your guide, mainstream media is the truth, like long ago if you're not going to mass or a bit quirky and not married you're a witch. But people don't burn witches anymore.

And you'll have to redeem yourself too. But you'll be forever called a conspiracy theorist and any association with propping up Alex Jones or saying that you don't support what he said about one thing, but he did say this or suggest that long ago you'll be forever more guilt shamed about the fact you supported him, even though you didn't .

Guilty of association. You'll also be told you could be a flat earther too. And possibly an antivaxxer.

Guilty as charged, you conspiracy theorist....

Debunkers are always right,even though they are sometimes economical with the truth. They're always right. And they know where the truth is.

Conspiracy theorist you.

Deflected the what were the former president and his wife that was running for presidency doing visiting a convicted paedophile? See yee chose to read what yee want to see. They most definitely did, again it's hard to prove now at this moment in time when everything has been censored by Google YouTube etc

I have given out a list of stuff that I believe he was right about or onto something. He was cancelled because some say he was spouting dangerous fake news, oooor maybe he was just getting a little bit too loud for so.e of these people. That's debatable.

And I'm not just basing my beliefs off Alex Jones, like I said earlier there's a hell of a lot of stuff I don't agree with him on and think he was playing to the cameras and audience etc. Wouldn't you if you were making millions off people your gonna keep giving them what they want. But that's not to say that some of his earlier work on thing's should be chucked out the window I believe.

there's plenty of normal decent folk sitting on the fence about it all, WAS plenty of good video's on YouTube etc to back up some of that stuff or at least make you think about it being plausible before it was censored and taken away. And just from what I'm observing Of whats happening in general in the world with the way politicians are acting and there decision making.

I actually said all associated should be investigated. So outlandish claim made, you can't back it up and go on a rant about YouTube censorship. Anyway, the reality is you can't demonstrate an actual thing he's exposed....

And like clockwork there's the "other side" fallacy. Well so far you seem to be following all the conspiracy memes. Would you say you do your own research?

Time for Boards conspiracy forum bingo again I think

100% bone

So by using there logic do we get to condemn them for following the policy's of the status quo that has led us to no houses, hospitals in ruin, 250+ billion in debt, more people sicker than ever, huge immigration into our country with more or else open borders, scumbags and drugs rampant throughout the country.

A state broadcaster that manipulates the public and gives misinformation and scares the living **** out of them about a virus that has now been proven to be little worse than a flu, so they'll take the vaccine.

I think you were right when you kinda warned me about the Conspiracy theory forum. They have all the answers. but when a curve ball is thrown at them (Clinton's, Biden, Obamas association with paedophile Epstein) they have no answer for it.

And who's gonna investigate them when they have everybody in there back pocket?

And YouTube, Facebook Google most certainly do censor things that isn't fitting the narrative.

So when you can control what you want people to see and not see, do you not think that's extremely dangerous territory?

As regards the football analogy, they didn't lose because the match didn't go ahead. They forfeited and lost the points but they didn't lose so you shot yourself in the foot with that analogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,248 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol. Still waiting for you to point to something your boy Jones has actually exposed.

And out of interest, which of his supplements do you buy?

• Advertisement

So what other side of the story would you like?

You'll own nothing and be happy. Klaus schwab has a video on YouTube where he openly admits that.

Bill gates I believe is now the biggest or one of the biggest land owner in America. Control the land, control the food, control the people.

Muzzles - masks. Make of it what you will.

Microchips in the arm? That's openly being developed

The elites? The people every country in the world owes trillions too?

5g no real opinion on haven't looked into it

Big pharma - they do some good, some bad

Experimental vaccines? I didn't no they had covid vaccines before covid. Is there any long term data to the side effects of those vaccines that have been to most people in the world?

Advertisement