Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood snagger recommendation

Options
  • 09-08-2022 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for a snagger for a new build house in cherrywood Dublin 18. Any recommendations? Thanks

Post edited by sajoc63238 on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where's Cherrywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

It is very important when snagging to have the builder clean all the panes of glass. Then carefully inspect every pane of glass for scratches.

The builder must replace every scratch pane of glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sajoc63238

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks. It's always helpful to state the general area or town/city. I'm in Donegal so can't help unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Couldn't for the life of me think what a cherry wood snagger is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭embracingLife

Best thing is to get a surveyor to do a snag list, in general literally Google building surveyors who do site inspections/snag lists and ask them do they do it. Surveyors are in general the best person to properly and thoroughly inspect the property fully for you. I'm not inclined to get anyone who not a qualified property professional to compile a snag list as they can miss important work that maybe not obvious but is very important. Architects and engineers will do these too but surveyors are the best for doing it.

As the other person said to get builders to clean the glass to identify scratches etc, with a non surveyors to do snag list isn't worth it if they overlooked stuff.

There's so many things to inspect in a house and as you are paying a large amount of money to buy it, I cannot recommend enough that you get the proper person to inspect the property fully. There is so many things that if corners were cut that the future financial implications for the home owner to fix in the future is just too much. Best thing is to now obviously get a proper professional to check the snag list now.

But I don't think they'd be available at short notice for you but phone around and get someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

A lot of snaggers are cheap and awful. Make sure you get a through survey. You also need the attic checked. Ask him to check for air leakage around service openings and insulation.

Advertisement