Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

There's comments further back about this. They required the actual official leaving cert results certificate which some people apparently didn't have. So if you don't have your official leaving cert results you should be trying to get them ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

You receive your station normally between 2 to 3 weeks prior to your attestation. I know of people who had welfare cases in and were accommodated while others were not. Each case is individual though.

Results for the report writing stage are out for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Won't give the exact OOM because I'm paranoid but I'm 270-300. Passed obviously yeah. It wasn't exactly difficult so I'd expect everyone to pass the report writing stage tbh.

To be honest I'm impressed they've moved along this quickly. Presumably interviews will be scheduled for September now after they finish the first batch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Any one have any idea what the highest oom got pass results back today I’m in the 600s said test are being corrected in oom from stage one over next few weeks just wondering what oom have corrected and emailed results to so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

I’m 350-400 anyway. Got my results today around an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭king999

Cheers so up to around 400 .. wondering how many got results in this batch what oom had already bee called ?

this is a bit of a random one, but anyone with a beard, would ya’s shave it off for the interview? Its a short well kept beard, but I know they only recently allowed them in the job. Wondering would they think your cheeky going into the interview with one😂

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

got results this morning and made it to stage 3, just wondering anyone who filled out the application for for the interview what details do they want for “Responsibilites and Achievements” ? is if the tasks and duties you do at work?

also for education details is it your most recent education like for example if you have a degree you don’t need to write down your leaving cert results. ? thank you and good luck to everyone for stage 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 KaWinNee

Just got confirmation i passed stage 2 today.

When do we get word of the competencies? I presume its after thr deadline for the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 User 1234

I would shave the beard to be honest. There will be an inspector on the interview panel and some inspectors would be old school and not in favour of beards in the job. So for that reason I would shave it.

You could get an inspector who has a beard himself, but just in the off chance you got one that's not in favour, I'd be clean shaven.

They wouldn't fail you on a beard alone, but if you ended up 50/50 as in pass or fail then the beard might tip it against you if he/she was old school. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Any girls that did the interview what would you recommend wearing for the interview? I was thinking a suit to look smart, neat and tidy. Or would a smart dress work?

thanks for this, this was my concern. Better be safe than sorry I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pat95

As long as your hair was tidy and your beard tidy I couldn’t see them failing you on your beard! It is allowed in the job now so it can not be frowned upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jukajoj

Has anyone an idea of what they're looking for in the "any other relevant information" question in the form after stage 2?

I've no idea what to put down

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

For people who have the interview completed. Is it this week we’re expecting news?

Also I’m training for the fitness test at the moment getting towards the 8.1 standard not there yet.

Sit up time needs to improve too but getting close now.

Wondering is there a BMI level we need to reach? I didn’t see it mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭blinkinghinds

I don't think they are looking for anything specific, I just treated it as a section to include anything you think would strengthen your application that doesn't fit into the previous categories. E.g courses (first aid, child protection etc.) or competency in certain things (e.g computer systems). Basically anything that makes you look like you are committed to your application and have tried to strengthen it.

Keep in mind though once it's on your application form they can ask you about it at interview, so don't put down anything you aren't comfortable discussing.

It's hard to tell, some have said end of August some have said this week so I doubt anyone knows for sure.

I am not sure based off the familiarisation material but from what I have seen in past threads you need to be below 30 BMI i.e not obese. BMI is a funny one anyway, weight training means I am currently at just over 25 so I would be deemed overweight even though I have no excess weight to lose.

To be honest I think a lot of people who are not below 30 on the bmi are going to struggle to get past the fitness so I am not sure if it will be a massive issue for anyone.

I struggled more with the volunteering section. I've never volunteered for anything a day in my life. I'd imagine most people are the same but the fact they've a section dedicated to volunteering stuff seems a bit odd

I just put down what I wanted them to ask me during the interview to make myself sound better. So technological literacy, interest in fitness, hobbies that make me seem less like a lazy bastard etc.

I don't think the application form is even marked so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It just seems to be a formality before the interview (which is marked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CCJay207

** long time lurker here, first time poster **

I finally did up the application form today ahead of interview. Got stage 2 results on Monday.

I was working on the form last night and it crashed on me a few times and I had to re-write certain parts of it. Eventually got it submitted, but I wouldn't go writing up the whole thing in one sitting without smashing the "Save Draft" button a dozen times. I copy-pasted everything I wrote into an empty WORD Doc to have handy in case it happened again. It was a total nightmare but got there eventually and received a confirmation email it was submitted. Dug out my Leaving Cert results as well thinking I only had a copy but found the original coloured version, which I didn't even know I had...

Bit optimistic to think interviews for this batch will be around end of August, but overall seems to be moving quick enough.

submitted application form, how long after you submitted we’re people waiting to select a date for the interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

In lieu of writing the likes of a cover letter here, I was advised to put together a closing statement to use in the interview. It ended up being good advice as I was prompted in my interview to finish up with that. I spoke briefly about my motivation and why I think I would be a good fit for AGS.

I had a fairly similar idea but as others have said I doubt it is massively important what is on the form here.

At the end of the day it's a competency based interview so if you can give them examples of being competent in the five areas your looking for whatever you filled in for this section isn't going to change your result in any major way.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

I just went into the my bookings section and there were dates and times available to book!! Just submitted form yesterday Eve

from what dates are they running? i submitted today can’t see anything about booking

Did they send any notification that booking was open? Also when were the date ranges available for this batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

30th to the 9th I booked and have a confirmation email but it's not listed in my bookings now. Strange

I submitted my application last night, nothing showing under bookings yet though. May keep an eye on it

• Advertisement

That's very strange, there was definitely a notification for batch one before you could book.

Advertisement