Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Such engrossing television, I can’t believe how fast the 1 hour runtime goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Someone put together a video showing both sides of the telephone conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The black and white really suits the world of post-BB Jimmy and Kim, living mundane lives and hiding in the shadows, afraid of their past finally catching up with them. Jimmy has always run from punishment and I think he came to a crossroads moment with Jeff's mom when he knew the the jig was up and for a moment he looked like he may kill her but then he realised that he doesn't have it in him to be like that. The cops are going to come for him and I don't think that he'll escape them this time but, like Kim, he may actually gain some freedom from finally being caught for his misdeeds over the years. I definitely think we are going to get a transition from B&W to colour when he is either reunited with Kim in some way or else even confessing everything and being honest for once will cleanse him and put some colour back in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Fantastic episode and what a performance by Rhea Seehorn. She has been brilliant throughout but this was unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I reckon he’s going to turn himself in. Would be a perfect end to his character. Finally reaping what he sowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not much else to say except that was a really great episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I also see him behind bars by the end of it. Most of the other characters in both shows ended up dead, but pretty much no-one ever truly suffered legal consequences.

Who better than the lawyer to end the show locked up behind bars? Probably offering legal advice to fellow inmates for favours to try carve out a comfortable life for himself inside while still never giving up his Slippin' Jimmy / Saul Goodman ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

A great episode but very hard to predict how it ends in a satisfactory way. I agree with one of the above posters, there might be a relatively happy ending to it, the guy is so wound up in stress that maybe he finds peace turning himself in, I like the idea of the colour coming back in then.

Maybe as a very final scene he's in prison and just for fun you already see him starting a new scheme of sorts just as a final cheeky nod to Jimmy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Enjoyed that. Kim blending into normality, mundanity and the details the show has always offered and later retracing her steps somewhat. The paper confession, confrontation, plus the subsequent bus scene was gutting. There was something transaction-like about signing the divorce papers. There were a few parallels to Breaking Bad here - the phone call reminded me of Walt calling Skyler whilst the police were in her house, the Jesse reveal was visually similar to Walt appearing in Skyler's kitchen (column block) and Jesse scoping out Saul for the timeline sync up. I thought Jeff was going to reverse his taxi into the squad car, tbh. The second Gene mentioned Albuquerque over the phone you knew Marion was going to jump on to her laptop for something other than cat videos. 'I trusted you' - she's not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭cozar

one of the best episodes. outstanding acting by Rhea on her retreat to suburbia.

• Advertisement

The grunts of her boyfriend when they were in bed was as hilarious as it was depressing.

And people say there was a lack of passion between her and Jimmy....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It’s already been confirmed online that the show ends with Jimmy becoming a Supreme Court Judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Am I the only one who didn't realise that was Kim at the start until I saw her name in her office?

I can't see Saul handing himself in next week. He'd never be able to cope with the shame of getting rumbled by Ask f*cking Jeeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A truly masterful episode that was just gripping to watch. The editing was fantastic as they merged 3 timelines together seamlessly.

Also shows how people commenting here last week that the last 2 episodes have been poor just don't get it.

Anyhow, I think Jimmy/Saul/Gene is doomed now.

He's a truly despicable character now and he's only going one way.

I predict he dies in a similar manner to Walt & Lalas. Camera over him with a smile on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Underrated shot: Barbecue shot looking up at the grey sky/sun

I think the cinematography looks even better in black and white

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I absolutely loved the shots outside Sauls office with Kim and Jesse, the grey of Sauls office and outside in the rain contrast against the colours beside Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I think he's going to get caught after he slips on some ice, slippin Jimmy running from the law in icy Nebraska, what happens from there is the question, but the idea of his old scam being what brings him down seems like the perfect beginning of the end for him, I don't think he's going to die, most characters who've died in this universe have been killers or have committed violent acts.

I predict an ignominious end for Jimmy beginning with a slip.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Masterpiece of TV. Devil's in the detail and there's just so much of it.

I actually thought Jimmy wanted to get caught and that's why he was snooping around in yer man's den and the fact it was three hours before going back there. Apparently not. Great scene with Marion in the kitchen from the moment he walked in the back door to the moment he ran back out.

My only small gripe would be Aaron Paul isn't quite pulling off the Jesse character, but that's minor, especially as it's such a short cameo. Could be just me but just felt a bit off. Of course there's the obvious reason due to age but it just felt forced.

I think that some people commenting on those episodes, me included, always expected that they would tie ie in to the narrative and didn’t say explicitly that they were poor. I thought though the heist scenes that took almost the entire episodes were overlong and frankly boring, focussed on characters I didn’t know to that point, nor care for. I actually paused my viewing to do something else, and came back to it, in a first ever for a BB or BCS episode.

I think it is being wrapped up masterfully though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭bren2001

With Robert Forster being dead, Saul using the vacuum repair guy seems unlikely. However, there is only 9 months between Saul moving to Nebraska and where we are currently. I expect the vacuum shop to be gone, possibly the heat from Walt and co being too much. Saul will repeatedly ask for the filter only for the person on the other end to be baffled by what they are looking for.

Saul being arrested makes sense to me with the final shot being him surrounded by people he represented earlier in his career. He is no better than them. It's hard to see how he dies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

And the look on her face and the subsequent couple of side-eyes from the lift when she saw the pro-bono lawyer smartening up her client. That was the most heartbreaking image for me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,150 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thought Gene would go full Walt and use the phone cable, there's a tiny bit of humanity left.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I look at it as Kim made her bed and it is her own fault. She had her ‘dream’ pro brono job ready if she attended Cliff’s meeting. But instead she wanted the thrill of scamming Howard.

All things considered she has a handy number in the Sprinklers job.

I did like the Double meaning of the episode show title ‘Waterworks’ - Kim bawling and working in a place that has been ‘Watering your world’ since 1978.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

They're always great when it comes to episode titles. I remember reading that in Season 2 of Breaking Bad, some of the openings to the episode were in black and white, showing the pink Teddy in the pool etc, which all turned out to be from the plane crash that happens at the end of the season.

The episode titles with those black and white openings were "Seven Thirty-Seven", "Down", "Over", "ABQ".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

3 timelines ?

2 no ?

BB timeline and Post BB Gene timeline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,467 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ok Timeline may be wrong word but 3 scenarios.

Gene's life, Kim's life in Florida and Breaking Bad settiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And seven thirty seven was also the amount of money in thousands that Walter and Jesse estimated they stood to gain in that same episode, if I recall correctly.

So the double meaning was on point again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Kim's new boyfriend, friends and co-workers sound like they're from Minnesota, with their Fargo-esque accents. Aren't they supposed to be in Florida? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,635 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Also the man with Cancer that Saul/Gene was scamming had 737k in the bank account when he took a photo of the bank statement.

I am starting to think the researchers in the show keep a list of all these BB/BCS facts on some sort of database. So they can reference the details again at a later date. Nothing ever seems wasted or thrown together.

The other fella Saul/Gene was scamming with the beard even had 'go huskers' as part of one of his passwords. Referencing the College Football team, the 'Nebraska Cornhuskers'.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement