Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread, all aboard the Mitro express

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If Darwin does prove to be the 'real deal' and Jesus starts scoring, there could be an argument for a lighter defence, without a doubt. I've never fully bought in to BATB as its quite inflexible if a couple of premium mids or forwards kick off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will have 11 players at home this week so inevitably will be a poor week! :D

Similar, considering BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not a bad shout, never thought about that but it could be an option.

Although my picks of Ward, Greenwood, Andreas and Neco Williams are hardly too inspiring. On the other hand, it'd be nice to have it out of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone read how many DGWs or BGWs we can expect this season? If its two DGWs would likely leave my BB till then and TC for the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Any love for Sterling? Need funds to do Kane Haaland and thinking of ditching Son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

I think it's too early to ditch Son, he looked lively enough plus Kulo was up against a defender having a poor game, kind of raging I didn't switch him pre price rise as he's a lot of potential, still you know Son will deliver a lot of goals

I think Sterling is kind of in no man's land.

For a couple of million less, you're into midfielders that will probably finish around the same points as him or quite possibly/likely even better him; Mount, Kulusevski, Diaz, Saka.

For a couple of million more, you're into the players that are pretty much guaranteed to finish with considerably more points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not sure but Covid still means infected players can't play. Could still be some fixture squeezes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Don't think ditching both Kane and Son is a good play - you had them both at the start of the season for a reason. Son has been the 2nd highest scorer for two years running I think.

It’s a guaranteed 2 due to the FA Cup QF and SF. There will likely be one for the Carabao Cup Final and of course there can be random postponements.

• Advertisement

I’ve done Kane to Haaland. I’m justifying it as the original GW1 call was 50/50, and with Kane playing deep and Haaland having Bournemouth I think it’s a reasonable transfer to make.

Son was very advanced on Saturday and if I had him (I wish I did!) there is no way I’d sell him. He’s going to be one of the highest points scorers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I see salah has 125k transfers in already, 99.99% of those have to be points hits, people don't leave 1 million in the bank, that's one player, there will be a lot of hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just a point above average last week so gone to shuffle the team fairly early with wildcard one activated already before price changes. Currently on:

Lloris to Pope

Robertson to Zinchenko

Bernardo Silva to Pereira

Bailey to Kulusevski

Archer to Mitrovic

Kane to Haaland

Don't like loosing out on Robertson as he looked like he will get attacking points this season but feel Zinchenko may get similar returns and the extra 2mill helps the rest of the team.

Sorry should have been clearer, You need to have Haaland, so yea sell Kane, but selling Both Kane and Son is madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I would have at least one Leeds midfielder in any WC team, attacking, great value, great fixtures

Could that be people just joining the game a week late? I saw an article on FPL last week equating joining the game a week late as having more information and like having a free wildcard. It was moreso just promoting late joiners though, be very hard to do well when already 100 points down on the leaders by GW2

Thanks, will stick to the plan of using BB in one of those DGWs. Its a bit of an annoyance of a chip and I can see the logic of using it in GW1 but I would prefer try to get eight games out of it rather than four.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Starting a week late to get an advantage doesn't really make sense. Even if you replaced your entire team by taking hits before GW2 then you would only lose 56 points. As long as you got more than that in GW1 you are doing better than starting a week late. Also, realistically you aren't going to get rid of every single player in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ya you're right, ill ditch a defender and buy a 4.0m option, that will free up funds as i have nothing itb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Rolling my transfer.

If you were happy with your team for week 1 you should still be happy with it for week 2.

We don’t have enough information or evidence yet.

You're a mighty man for the definitive statements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,882 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Interesting never considered joining FPL in week 2 has its advantages. It depends on how cleverly the gw2 started exploits the extra info and whether they look at under the radar picks as well as flavour of the week.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Just doing my bit to help the less fortunates who are making poor decisions. 😉

Be sure and post up your rank history, it's always good to know whether the advice is coming from a David Ginola or a David Brent

Im happy enough with my team and dont need to make a transfer and probably wont either just yet. But it is a viable strategy to play aggressive at the very start and build your team value. Last season I started with Antonio and Benrahma and within 5 GWs they had delivered 0.5m of price rises which then gave me a bit of a buffer for future transfers down the line. With others in my MLs by the time they got on them they had missed their price rises and all their mega hauls.

If a player is on a hot streak at the start of the season I think its worth hopping on even going into GW2, it can pay off handsomely. If Mitro scores again this weekend there will be an even bigger flood on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Disagree.

One of the things I’ve learned with FPL over the years is realising when you’ve made the wrong decision and being decisive. No shame in it.

I’ve stuck with players over the years for simply not wanting to “‘miss their haul” and it’s caused me much punishment or being too headstrong to pick an in form player in case I’ve missed their points.

I started with Kane over Haaland, a good decision on paper so not too annoyed as it was a 50/50 decision. 4 goals for Spurs at the weekend and no Kane involvement is either unlucky or a sign Kane really does start the season slow. (even after a good pre season) Time will tell I suppose.

Swapped to Haaland on Sunday before the points rise/fall and feeling much more confident going into GW2. Sometimes ya gotta trust the gut and go with what feels right even if risky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The plan of joining 1 week late is rather flawed.

Most would hit 30+ points anyway no matter how **** their initial selection is so you could start with whatever team you want and then just do 9 transfers at a cost of 32 points instead. I don't believe you would have to make 15 transfers to get things right, but even if you did it would cost you 56 points.

There is no logic to start 1 week later whatsoever as you can easily balance it by just making the transfer at a cost rather than being behind the average which this game week was 57 points.

You have the same information available, but with some points in the bank already.

That’s what I mean though. After one game it is too early to be thinking you have made the wrong decision.

One of the reasons I went for Haaland over Kane is because I knew I wanted to caption him in gameweek 2. Even if Kane had bagged a brace last week and Haaland blanked I still would not be thinking of transferring one for the other. Players have to be given time, if you decided Kane was the way to go before the deadline one game should not be enough to change your mind.

Basically my point is a player doesn’t become a bad or even a good pick after one game. People should trust their initial selections a bit more and not make knee jerk transfers on the back of one match.

Sometimes though even if you want to wait and see how GW2 goes, it's going to cost you more than you want. Haaland is likely to go up again before GW2, and Kane could fall again - if that happens it's costed you 0.4m to see how it goes. With City's fixtures and the amount of chances they are going to create, Haaland is only going to increase in price each week. If you turn out to be right in that Haaland is going to flop and Kane was the way to go - well you'll have an easy transfer back, but waiting means it's a 2 transfer move at best.

The main reason why I stay away from Kane is actually bit random - while he is a slow starter, I wondered will he push himself and go into 50/50 challenges or stretch for a ball this side of the WC - he's notorious for picking up injuries and being out and I'm sure he wants to avoid any sort of injury before the WC. He's probably one of a few players who would be guaranteed to start and so doesn't have to prove anything in the coming months. If you think of TAA - it's likely that he might not be in the starting 11, so he has something to prove in the coming weeks, likewise - Maddison might feel like he has an outside chance and we might find that he's returning each week. Similarly if Rashford wants to get on the plane - he needs to wake up and that would be great for FF at 6.5m.

The other reason is that I feel that Son is the better option - he's being the 2nd highest scorer two years running I think, rarely gets injured and plays in advanced position. It's the first season that he's probably priced correctly.

Haaland on the other hand isn't going to the WC and will want to show the world what he can do.

I read on some thread where someone said maybe it's the year that you switch between players for different matches - this is all well and good if the players prices didn't change - but when you have one going up and the other going down it doesn't really work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Considering switching Son to KDB for this weeks fixtures, Chelsea away v Bournemouth at home is very tempting…what are peoples thoughts?

• Advertisement

yeah I dont think starting GW2 would have an advantage when you're 100+ points behind the leading pack and will likely be picking most of their players anyway. It was more so an article on the FPL site sellng the idea that it 'could have an advantage' due to more information. But they're really just trying to encourage people who missed the boat to still get on it and play their game.

Personally Id suck up the harder Chelsea fixture as after that Son has four games against bottom half of the table clubs. Son is more likely to get goals than KdB especially now everything is going through Haaland. Haaland likely to get all 3 bonus lowering KdBs potential.Also Haalands assists might also come from Grealish or Foden. When Son goes off he really hauls with goals, assists and bonus, I wish I had him again.

Advertisement