Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭hometruths

Young healthy people are statistically more likely to end up in hospital from a car crash than covid. There is no benefit to them from taking the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭kernkraft500

its probably ten fold if not hundreds those odds for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus etc... yet we still take them...

why? so there is an element of endemic protection so when an occurrence does happen, it can be controlled much better..

there is a much bigger picture which the "sure it won't effect me" brigade don't grasp

and in all honesty, that's fine, nobody is forcing you to get it....

but this whole argument of "well if I'm not getting it because I don't need/trust it" being automatically translated into "this vaccine isn't safe because I said so, here's some links I didn't read", yet ignoring or dismissing multitudes of verified scientific research is getting a bit lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Ah but there is. If you work for a mRNA vaccine company everything that moves should be injected. (Disclaimer: I work for pfizer)

its probably ten fold if not hundreds those odds for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus etc... yet we still take them...

why? so there is an element of endemic protection so when an occurrence does happen, it can be controlled much better..

there is a much bigger picture which the "sure it won't effect me" brigade don't grasp

We take all those vaccines for benefit of herd immunity.

I think you might find a huge amount of vaccine hesitant people would take it if it was likely to achieve herd immunity. Certainly when it was first rolled out I intended to take it for that very reason.

But it has been pretty clear since at least the middle of last year that these vaccines are not going to get us anywhere near herd immunity.

And I think a huge amount of damage has been done to vaccine confidence with this rollout in that if a good prophylactic vaccine is developed in the future, it may be a struggle to get to the necessary uptake.

I suspect there will be an element of "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" before people roll their sleeves up again at anything like the rate they did last year.

But like, you're ignoring circumstantial evidence that it isn't too..those excess deaths are an anomaly..you can't say it's safe either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

100 per cent on this. The mRNA vaccines and the propaganda around them. Herd immunity and all that rubbish has reversed the vaccine movement forever. It is now fairly obvious the vaccines are crap and most persons wont get their 3rd 4th 5th shots as they know the game is up.

Yes, and if governments had simply said "Ok this is not working out as well as we'd hoped in preventing infection, we're just going to recommend vaccinating the elderly and the vulnerable" people would understand that.

But instead they doubled down with the vaccines are so amazing we need vaccine passports to encourage uptake, and let's start thinking about mandates.

This has done huge damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,232 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Why would they have said that? It would have been false based on the information available for the vaccines in trials and in performance versus the pre-Omicron variants.

In the Lancet study there were 3 times as many cases in unvaccinated as vaccinated.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The point is the real world data showed pretty quickly the trial data was optimistic to put it mildly.

In fairness to Tony Holohan he did acknowledge that the vaccines were not working as well as hoped well before Omicron. It sent various vaccine fanatics apoplectic such as Pat Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,232 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In the Lancet study there were 3 times as many cases in unvaccinated as vaccinated.

Your point is strawman nonsense.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So You've no evidence to support your believe.

You've no evidence to support your claim that all of the evidence that shows thr vaccines are safe is fraudulent.

In your mind, what's the difference between "conspiracy theory" and "something I made up"?

How do you determine the difference without evidence?

correct, and herd immunity is easily achieved when you don't have a transmissibly active pathogen... it is also easy to contain when there is an outbreak ... both scenarios haven't been achieved yet with COVID ... this isn't solely due to the vaccine not being effective, it was highly effective against the strain it was designed for, but the landscape has since changed...

so you have the option then of:

-do nothing

-use a vaccine which is still quite effective and will reduce severe sickness and hospitalisations

With Ireland's shitbox healthcare system, you know the option that will be pushed...

That can be compared with the likes of the UK with the NHS, although at creaking point, it can and has weathered numerous spikes in infections which resulted in higher than average hospitalisations. Majority of the country have only had 2 or 3 injections, and has been pretty much open since April 2021.

As I said, it's quite easy just to say "this vaccine is stupid, and no point of having it" when you don't appreciate the bigger picture.

While it's not currently as effective against current strains, it's still a very successful tool in reducing transmission and hospitalisations.

if you don't want to take it, cool, don't. But don't try and let your rational for not taking it turn into a convoluted argument about it's safety where we're still looking for some actual evidence of that from you.

I'm not ignoring anything.

No medical intervention is without risk, but taking those into account, the COVID vaccine is a safe as any other..

Of course some of those deaths will be attributed to vaccination, you have people die from regular medical treatment daily.

But to attribute the lot to the vaccines on circumstantial evidence is nonsense...

The preliminary figures show increase of death among cancer and long term heart heart conditions, I would imagine the more plausible answer is these are the people who didn't get diagnosis and treatment during lockdown and are dying due to delayed treatment.

-use a vaccine which is still quite effective and will reduce severe sickness and hospitalisations

And, in the absence of a collective benefit, as I have said consistently no problem if you give it to those who are at most risk of severe sickness and hospitalisations. The risk/reward benefit is different.

Pushing it on those for whom it is of little individual benefit is madness.

Yeah, or the vaccines were causing heart attacks and weird cancers..

(I actually know a nurse in a hospital who said there were suddenly fairly young people turning with fast advancing cancers..a lot of the nurses weren't taking the vaccine for a finish..)

But you keep shifting the goalposts here.

You previously claimed that the vaccines were more harmful than beneficial for people outside those you deem need it.

Now you're saying that "there's little individual benefit."

How much benefit exactly?

You've conceded that the vaccine is effective in reducing severe disease in all age groups.

You've conceded that the vaccines are more dangerous than the virus.

nobody is being pushed to do anything, you'd swear you have someone following you in a van waiting to pounce with a vaccine.

There is also a lot to be said about a controlled endemic point in a country where the health service is pretty much maxed out..

Like I said... bigger picture

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Humm.

We've had almost two years of all medical check ups and procedures stopped, yet the increase in cancer is put down by some idiots to the vaccine, rather than the complete obvious and most sensible reason.

Ho hum, stupidity is as stupidity does

It was claimed a good while ago that the vaccines were causing cancer.

That claim was dropped pretty fast.

heart attacks aren't long term heart conditions, and can I have a link to to this increase of weird cancers please? Anything I have seen is showing normal incidence of cancers, but the delay in diagnosis and treatment resulting in far quicker progression to stage 4.

• Advertisement

But the vaccines aren't causing those.

That's been shown repeatedly. You guys have to invent a silly and childish conspiracy to avoid explaining why you aren't actually provide any evidence for this notion.

@hometruths , do you agree with this claim at all? Do you believe that it is likely that the vaccines are causing "weird cancers"?

Or will you be ignoring this claim because it's too ridiculous for you to comment on also?

It's only anecdotal, so I'd expect you to take as such..it wasn't down to late diagnosis, they were extremely fast acting (blood maybe) cancers developing out of nowhere..

nobody is being pushed to do anything, you'd swear you have someone following you in a van waiting to pounce with a vaccine.

This another of example of a total wilful refusal to accept reality. The idea that there has been no pressure to get vaccinated is just total denial.

It's similiar to the claims a few weeks back that there is zero pressure on medical professionals to back the vaccine narrative irrespective of whether they have doubts. Total denial.

And of course the extremely comprehensive data on severity.

@hometruths , do you agree with this claim at all? Do you believe that it is likely that the vaccines are causing "weird cancers"?

No idea for certain if that is true or not. But I do agree an uptick in cancers is more likely to be a working through a backlog in check ups. Seems a plausible explanation.

And like with your claims of "pressure" on medical experts, the claims about "pressure" on people to get vaccines are likewise vague and unsupported.

the claims about "pressure" on people to get vaccines are likewise vague and unsupported.

😂🤣

Do you seriously believe there has been zero pressure on people to get vaccinated?!

Nope. People were encouraged to take the vaccine. That is not "pressure."

You're trying to pretend that this was "pressure" and there was something wrong about it because you're still grasping at straws for something bad to say about the vaccine given that you've abandoned the claims about it's safety.

My claim isn't false..it's anecdotal, and was said last June is, so probably not due to late diagnosis, and you don't have to accept it, but it's not false..

• Advertisement

No, it's false. You've no actual evidence to support it besides a story about a nurse friend you have that you barely remember.

On the other hand, we've reams and reams of safety data that shows there aren't "weird cancers" occurring due to the vaccine.

Or if you prefer, I have like 5 nurse friends and 5 doctor friends who all say that the vaccines aren't causing cancers.

It's anecdotal, so you can't say it's false.

Advertisement